16 Jake Kerr

17 Ellis Genge

18 Nephi Leatigaga

19 Harry Wells

20 Guy Thompson

21 Ben White

22 Jaco Taute

23 George Worth

Pau: 15 Vincent Pinto, 14 Bastien Pourailly, 13 Alexandre Dumoulin, 12 Florian Nicot, 11 Watisoni Votu, 10 Tom Taylor, 9 Thibault Daubagna (c); 1 Siegfried Fisiihoi, 2 Lucas Rey, 3 Nicolas Corato,
4 Baptiste Pesenti, 5 Julien Delannoy, 6 Giovanni Habel Kuffner, 7 Pierrick Gunther, 8 Antoine Erbani
Replacements: 16 Rayne Barka, 17 Geoffrey Moise, 18 Lourens Adriaanse, 19 Fabrice Metz, 20 Martin Puech, 21 Clovis Lebail, 22 Antoine Hastoy, 23 Pierre Nueno

Re: Team v Pau
Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:40

Interesting selection

Front five looks potent

Back row must have been picked for weight .. Guy on the bench?

Hope Viljoen's kicking has improved

Team could take a while to gel

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:47

Glad we've opted for our strongest available team. Pau are no pushovers - currently 3rd in Top 14 and, as Yorkie put it on an earlier thread, we need to use this competition to play our way back into form. Keen to see the Spencer/Lavanini partnership in action. First visit of the season for us so it had better be better!

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:56

I like the selection, hope we've got the maths right on England players and they don't have to miss league games because of playing them in this. No idea how strong the Pau team is.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 13:00

Telusa Veainu is the only player mentioned as injured (which I doubt ?), due to his broken nose.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Posted by: KevinR (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 13:05

Olowofela hobbled off near the end of last week's game and Liebenburg had an ankle problem which ruled him out last week. My young spies (who keep an eye on these things) tell me that Jonny May is getting some heat into his injured leg in Dubai!

Posted by: EnfieldMal (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 14:06

Quote:
Duncan Keene
I like the selection, hope we've got the maths right on England players and they don't have to miss league games because of playing them in this. No idea how strong the Pau team is.

I understand itís 30 games the England internationals can play which includes the internationals & European games. The clubs can manage the games left available to the in any way they need.

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 16:47

Quote:
KevinR
Olowofela hobbled off near the end of last week's game and Liebenburg had an ankle problem which ruled him out last week. My young spies (who keep an eye on these things) tell me that Jonny May is getting some heat into his injured leg in Dubai!

Taufua went off for a [failed] hia not too far into the game last weekend (Sm124) also unmentioned?

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 20:40

If this combination doesn't work we're @#$%&.

Posted by: GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 21:08

Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
KevinR

Taufua went off for a [failed] hia not too far into the game last weekend (Sm124) also unmentioned?

Following a nasty concussion in his last game in NZ. You know what's coming dont you.....? We havent helped ourselves with the running of the club in recent years but we havent had much luck either

Posted by: Captain Darling (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 21:39

Earlier in the week Smurf said that Taufua was going through return to play protocols and 50/50 for this weekend.

Posted by: KevinR (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 22:30

Taufua didn't return after half-time last week. There wasn't any major incident, but I thought he was a bit groggy after taking a big contact. In NZ he seemed to be completely knocked out in the Mitre 10 semi, but still ran out for the final - rather surprisingly. He went off after an HIA in that game, although the knock didn't seem so severe and he was in good spirits afterwards. Despite outward appearances, I have been concerned for weeks about the chain of events - wise to get this checked properly.

Posted by: Captain Darling (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 23:27

I like the look of that side.

The back three have all played wing and fullback which should help them gel.

Reid playing 12 will give him a chance to find some form. He should complement Manu well as a partnership.

That's the most physical second row partnership we have fielded for years now.

Great to see Reffell back as well. I've huge hopes for him this season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net