Current Page: 1 of 3
Sarries in serious danger of automatic relegation
Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:13

Latest rumour is that they can not get under the cap this season and so are resigned to being relegated as they have no support from the other clubs

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Interesting...
Posted by: Al from Cov (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:13

Re: Sarries in serious danger of automatic relegation
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 21:38

You can't really feel sorry for them can you, they are all guilty and you really can't let this just slide by can you?

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:11

Cue Tigers spending spree...

Date: 16 January, 2020 22:58

Itoje and Kpoku would be nice, not that fussed for any of the others and we can't afford Maro

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 23:32

Clean up the game....long long overdue. Saracens shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the top flight for as many seasons that they've cheated ...

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 23:48

They're certainly 'building something special' or whatever their stupid marketing message was.

It's like the Tigers family stuff ending in divorce etc.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 00:08

Should be relegated at least as far down as Glasgow Rangers were in the Wendyball.

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 06:25

I mean i dont like Saracens all that much but i am Not sure its fair to make them play football in Scotland.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 08:00

I feel very sorry for the Saracens fans who have enjoyed their club's journey to success only to find they had been lied to repeatedly. Humility, Honesty, Discipline, Work rate.... Well the club's senior leadership certainly put in the work rate at undermining the other 3 values.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 08:01

Agree Stopsy, I feel sorry for their fans.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 08:28

Must be way over the cap , to struggle to get within it this season, I wholeheartedly support their automatic relegation as all this seasons results when playing Saracens should be voided as they are clearly breaking the cap this season.

Posted by: Lens (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 08:48

Quote:
daktari
Must be way over the cap , to struggle to get within it this season.

I saw another source (Independent I think) that said they were 675k over in two of the last three seasons, which is a lot.

The thing that gets me about this though is that when the penalty was first announced, it was all described as a few extra business deals/co-investments. But this is core salary stuff. No wonder they did not appeal after all.

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 09:04

If only they hadn't been so arrogant to fight what they knew to be wrong in the first place, they could have fixed their squad finances prior to the season starting.

Posted by: Fat Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 09:06

I'm also sorry for the many at the club that had nothing to do with it. Regardless of our views of the management (and those players agreeing to investments outside their regular salary) there are many at the club working very hard to play/coach rugby, who are doing a very good job of it and who will be taking a hit as well.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 09:07

Quote:
Rich W
Cue Tigers spending spree...

Will it have a positive affect on the sale of Tigers

Date: 17 January, 2020 10:41

Just need to sort out the Celtic sides who can pay their players what they like....oh and don't get me started on the French, level playing field my @rse.

Date: 17 January, 2020 10:42

I just meant that if we know we're not going to be relegated we can go shopping...

I also feel for those Saracens fans that have been lied to and frankly, cheated of their moments of glory. But they are the ones who need to drive cleaning up their club - and there are too many who seem to think of Sarries as the victims here. Sadly I suspect that a significant number will just be driven away from the game.

Date: 17 January, 2020 10:45

I suppose with hindsight we shouldn't be surprised by all of this, we have let the money men in and this is just mirroring what goes on in the dirty world of making lucre. Greed is the word.

Date: 17 January, 2020 10:50

True - but decent corporate governance would have prevented it.

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net