Current Page: 1 of 3
Salarysins titles nedd to be expunged from record books
Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:41

It's the only logical and ethical thing to do.

Re: Salarysins titles nedd to be expunged from record books
Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:44

Absolutely. No alternative at all.

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:50

I am more aggrieved that they've managed to screw up this season too by taking away our relegation battle and our need to overcome our deficiencies and peers, to progress by our efforts rather than someone else's failure

Welcome to ringfencing, if only for one dead rubber season (Sm119)(Sm120)(Sm147)

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 00:56

I'm aggrieved by both Rog.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 09:17

OSV hits the nail on the head

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 09:33

Wonder if I can put a claim against them for this year's seadon ticket cost in the small claims court ?

(Could be worth the Ł35 fee just to test the water)

Date: 20 January, 2020 09:54

Since Salarians also developed players for the England squad are England's achievements also to be expunged?

Salarians have already lost their honour, but the concept of righting the wrongs of the effects of their misdemeanours are so interwoven I think it is probably now a case of expunging the past .. if their titles are expunged then with them go the whole of the distorted years. There is no saying that, for example, Exeter would have evolved so well if other clubs could have kept the players lost consequentially, or Leinster may not have made the Euro finals if other clubs had qualified for the competition [however unlikely], so the titles cannot be awarded elsewhere, for me

Is the engraved name be crossed out on the trophy? There are many trophies which are gathering dust at the back of cupboards because the competition was replaced by another so I could agree that we should have new trophies for all competitions Salarians have corrupted, even that they should be renamed, but a 'Ł' by their name in the records may be as far as it can go

Date: 20 January, 2020 10:13

Salarians (SaŁarians?) - I like this one. It's my favourite so far.

Date: 20 January, 2020 10:16

Quote:
Rich W
Salarians (SaŁarians?) - I like this one. It's my favourite so far.

I cannot claim it as mine, Rich

Date: 20 January, 2020 10:41

Quote:
OSV
Salarians have already lost their honour, but the concept of righting the wrongs of the effects of their misdemeanours are so interwoven I think it is probably now a case of expunging the past .. if their titles are expunged then with them go the whole of the distorted years. There is no saying that, for example, Exeter would have evolved so well if other clubs could have kept the players lost consequentially, or Leinster may not have made the Euro finals if other clubs had qualified for the competition [however unlikely], so the titles cannot be awarded elsewhere, for me

Absolutely. It is so nuanced and as you say interwoven that cups and honours cannot and should not be awarded elsewhere. It's unlike a drugs cheat athlete in a one off race being excluded and the runner up getting the gold instead of the silver. It's much, much more complicated than that.

The years should be blank, a black memorial to the years poisoned by the Saracens.

Date: 20 January, 2020 11:31

While a doping athlete who wins a medal may have his medal reallocated what happens to the athlete who missed out on the final...or the semi-final...or in qualifying...or in his national trials? That athlete may miss out on funding - on the opportuity to compete at a championships - maybe even of snatching a medal (the best 8 do not always make a final - certainly not in distance events). It's more complex than you might think.

The analogy is well made imo.

Posted by: Dreadnought (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 11:35

The die is set Sarries will not be required to handback their Premiership Titles as they were given the choice, hand back your premiership titles and trophies and open up your book or accept automatic relegation. What came next is history they chose to keep their premiership titles and trophies and not open their books so accepted relegation in lieu.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:00

In the case of the TdF the years where doping was uber rife (not saying it isnt still rife but that's a different issue) then as the 'wins' for Dopestrong, Landis, etc have been cancelled and no other racer elevated. Blanks in tue record book.
That's what should happen here.
The only question to me is how far back. 2010 ?

Date: 20 January, 2020 12:04

Agreed - but I think they can only go back as far as they have convicted them for.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 12:11

I wonder if any away fans will bother to go the Sarries home games anymore.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Date: 20 January, 2020 12:13

I wonder whether any Sarries fans will go to their home games. I'm not sure I would in similar circumstances.

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 09:24

I'm a Saints fan.... I would go and watch my team jog round a wet field. Not much going on in Northamptonshire ;-)

As for Saracens, I imagine there will be 4K hardcore fans who will stick with their club like they did before the success came. And in fairness to them, they are mostly those who seem to have accepted the fate and acknowledged their club is wrong. They will not expect to pay the same to see a match though. in the Championship you can often get a match ticket and a coach ticket for the same price as going to a Prem home game. The food will be better and the beer better/cheaper too. So if they want away fans they will have to drop prices a lot.

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 10:22

There's a lot going on in Northamptonshire, meDuckonstilts. For example, you've got a very interesting canal museum...….

Posted by: iang1963 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 11:35

Quote:
Tom Paine
There's a lot going on in Northamptonshire, meDuckonstilts. For example, you've got a very interesting canal museum...….
They also have an Eleanor cross. If you like something to commemorate the dead going (back) to London.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 12:59

But don`t go walking at night near RAF Croughton .

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net