Team for Barf?
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 18:45

Well we know Dan Cole is available for this game, but who else can we have? Jonah Holmes should still be with us should he not?

Re: Team for Barf?
Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 19:21

Yes Holmes will be available. Jones can release any of our other player's if he wants to. He has sometimes released all but his matchday 23 and sometimes all but his starting XV. I don't know though this time, something makes me think he might want to keep as many players away from the clubs as possible.

Posted by: iang1963 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 21:11

Won’t they be in Portugal? Think there first full day is Thursday so would anyone be released in time to play this weekend?

Posted by: jojo (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 07:17

Vianu
Holmes
Taufe/Viljoen
Reid
Olowofela
Hardwick
White
Bateman
Youngs
Cole
Levanini
Green/Spencer
Thompson
Taufua
Kalemafoni

Gigena
PTN
Heyes/leategaga
Spencer/Green
Refell
Simmons
Worth
Costello

Mrs JJ

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 08:33

Looks about right Mrs JJ.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 08:53

Given the result and performance vs Bristol i think Geordan will take that team as a template and bring players in for the England absences:

15 - Veainu
14 - Olowofela
13 - Taute
12 - Eastmond
11 - Holmes
10 - Hardwick
9 - White

1 - Bateman
2 - Youngs
3 - Cole
4 - Lavanini
5 - Green
6 - Wells
7 - Taufua
8 - Kalamafoni

16 - TPN
17- Gigena
18 - Leatigaga
19 - Thompson
20 - Reffell
21 - Simmons
22 - Reid
23 - Worth

Though i would also swap Thompson and Wells.

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 13:03

Now, what is an acceptable result / performance away v Bath.
I would like to see some more improvement, but a win is probably hoping for too much ?
A losing BP would be good.
I suspect losing by 10+ points is probably no real improvement in where we are.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 16:26

I'd include Lewis in the mix somewhere as well.

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 17:31

Quote:
Tiggs
Now, what is an acceptable result / performance away v Bath.
I would like to see some more improvement, but a win is probably hoping for too much ?
A losing BP would be good.
I suspect losing by 10+ points is probably no real improvement in where we are.

A win .. absolutely, a win

[but for whom? (Sm124)]

Tigers of course! (Sm151)

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: Captain Darling (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 18:01

1.Genge
2.Youngs
3.Cole
4.Lavanini
5.Spencer
6.Kalamafoni
7.Reffell
8.Taufua

9.White
10.Hardwick

11.Holmes
12.Eastmond
13.Taute
14.Olowofela
15.Veainu

16.Kerr
17.Gigena
18.Heyes
19.Green
20.Lewis
21.Simmons
22.Reid
23.Worth

I'm unsure if Thompson is fit for selection again but the squad is looking in better health than we have for a long time going into the 6 Nations period.

Bath are missing Dunn, Stuart, Underhill, Joseph and Watson to England call-ups. Faletau to Wales. Cokanasiga to injury.

This could be a prime opportunity for an invaluable away win.

Posted by: jojo (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 18:28

Presumably if Holmes can play for us Faletau can play for Bath.

Mrs JJ

Posted by: Captain Darling (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 23:48

When Faletau signed for Bath he had a clause in his contract which makes him available for Wales training outside of the international windows. I believe that Bath (well Mr Craig) have footed a fine for it when he's been fit for Wales selection.

When Welsh stars started moving to France and the Prem a few of them built in those clauses to keep Gatland happy. When PRL started fining Prem sides for letting players play international games outside the usual international windows most stopped doing so but Craig has deeper pockets than most.

Faletau has been injured for so long that Pivac might decide he needs game time though to be fair.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 16:55

Quote:
Captain Darling
When Faletau signed for Bath he had a clause in his contract which makes him available for Wales training outside of the international windows. I believe that Bath (well Mr Craig) have footed a fine for it when he's been fit for Wales selection.
When Welsh stars started moving to France and the Prem a few of them built in those clauses to keep Gatland happy. When PRL started fining Prem sides for letting players play international games outside the usual international windows most stopped doing so but Craig has deeper pockets than most.

Faletau has been injured for so long that Pivac might decide he needs game time though to be fair.

George North was the first to fall foul of this. when at Saints. A one-off fine was paid which covered the rest of Faletau's contract:

'"Bath Rugby's full co-operation with the process was acknowledged and, in mitigation, it was decided to reduce the initial £90,000 sanction to £60,000, a figure that covers the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons."

Then he signed another contract in May 2018 which addressed this IIRC. I guess we find out on Friday.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: 000mjg (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 17:32

Quote:
tigerburnie
I'd include Lewis in the mix somewhere as well.

+1

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2020 08:24

Schmidt to Bath

That'd brighten up any team

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2020 08:25 by Bod.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 27 January, 2020 09:34

Quote:
Bod
Schmidt to Bath
That'd brighten up any team

According to the French publication, the Midi Olympique,

Which from what I remember is the french rugby paper.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net