Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Have we loaned players out this season?
Posted by: AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 23:11

Jimmy Stevens is on a short-term spell with us while we have two broken hookers.
Doubt he would have much effect on your payroll though.

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 11:06

As far as I can tell, that article was Venter lying to distract from Saracens.
DRs and Season long loans are different things.

A DR player is registered with both clubs, and available for both; typically playing for the junior club, but with oversight from the senior - who can also recall them to play. If they play more than 4 matches for the senior club (at senior level) then they count towards the cap. There's an upper age limit on who can be awarded DR deals, and I think an upper limit on how many any 1 club can arrange; but I can't recall the details. You can't have both clubs in the same league, and I believe both have to be in the English leagues.

A Season-long loan can be any player who is surplus to requirements to you for the whole year, so they are loaned to another club who play them. There are no limits on age, or where the player goes - but they go for the whole season. The lending club pays the wages; but that's the end of their contribution. The lending club does not hold that player's registration, and the player cannot be recalled, even in the event of an injury crisis. That player cannot play 1 single minute for the lending club. It is a transfer in all aspect except for who writes the cheques.
Typically this happens in the last year of a player's contract, where no club can be found to take on a transfer (typically cap related), but the loaning club need that player gone - possibly for cap reasons, possibly the replacement they were looking at was available a year early and they don't want to miss him, possibly they're simply a bad influence around the club (or would be if not playing).

Neither of these things is a loop-hole, they have been specifically put in to A] aid the devlopment of young talent (DRs) and B] allow clubs to avoid breaking the salary cap if something goes wrong, or an opportunity arises early enough etc.

Saracens knew that this was going down as of March 2019 when the story about co-investments broke, or April 2019 when PRL launched their in depth investigtion; hell, even in September 2019 (before the season started) they knew that Lord Dyson was looking into it all.
They also knew exactly what they had done (they had access to their own books) and exactly what the proscribed punishment would be, as they are published in full, and public knowledge.
They 100% had the opportunity to say to themselves "we're X over the salary cap - we need to remove these players from the wage bill", and then loan those players to other clubs. All they had to do was to take it seriously before it was too late. By the time it was too late, they were trying transfers, because loans simply wouldn't work - and no-one could afford it.

They chose hubris and lying in the hopes that PRL would just back down - and then went out of their way to upset PRL and make them less likeliy to back down.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/01/2020 11:10 by Which Tyler.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 17:55

I believe at National 2 level I think 4 is the maximum DR's can be signed.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 18:19

If you loan out a player earning, say, 500k to a championship club (who couldn't afford to pay such a wedge) where you pay, say, 350k of their contracted salary and the Championship club only pay 150k (so the player is paid in line with their contract), I assume that this is allowed and that the 350k would count towards your noose?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 20:25

I think that all of the salary is included in the Cap, esp. if the play more than 4 games for you, it just doesn't cost as much

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 21:10

Quote:
Yorkie
If you loan out a player earning, say, 500k to a championship club (who couldn't afford to pay such a wedge) where you pay, say, 350k of their contracted salary and the Championship club only pay 150k (so the player is paid in line with their contract), I assume that this is allowed and that the 350k would count towards your noose?
if he never steps into a pitch for you, then no.
If he plays as much as one minute (season of my loan, not DR) then 500k counts towards your cap.

TBH, I'm not sure how salaries are counted for DRs, but then, they're specifically designed for youngsters who'd struggle for game time if they stayed put (so relative peanuts, not 500k)

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 18:12

Sorry, didn't make myself clear. Said player doesn't play for his "registered" club but they have to pay a significant proportion of his salary whilst he plays elsewhere. Happens a lot in football where unwanted players are loaned out to other/lesser clubs with the home/contracted club making up their wages each month.

It is a way of signing a player you want for next season now for example where you know you'll need him after, say, the retirement of an old star.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net