Our books are squeaky clean
Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 08:40

[www.bbc.co.uk]

If a full audit is done universally the we really can move to Postmireship

The referee is the final arbitrary

Re: Our books are squeaky clean
Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 09:08

It would take a special brand of incompetence to struggle to afford to spend to the cap and simultaneously breach it, so I'd hope we would be clean!

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 09:13

I presume the cleanliess applies historically too, when perhaps we could spend up to the cap

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: Vambo (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 09:24

Who says we don't spend up to the cap?

I've been away but i've never heard that

For those about to rock - WE SALUTE YOU

I'm the only John Wayne left in this town

Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night

Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 09:41

The message is that we do spend to the cap.

We do, however, now struggle to afford to do so.

On the other point we'll certainly be in that position from the last time the Saracens and Bath breaches were swept under the carpet, so PRL won't be going back further than that because the precedent to that point was set.

Posted by: Vambo (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 10:06

Why do we struggle to do so?

If the rational is that we don't make a profit, this means 11 clubs struggle to to pay up to the cap.

If we spend up to the cap and continue to do so, where is the struggle? What is sacrificed?

For those about to rock - WE SALUTE YOU

I'm the only John Wayne left in this town

Jack Daniels kicked my ass again last night

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 10:31

Quote:
IanC
It would take a special brand of incompetence to struggle to afford to spend to the cap and simultaneously breach it, so I'd hope we would be clean!

And certainly whilst managing to be as desperately poor as we've been of late!

Hey Vambo - good to have you back mate!

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 11:02

Quote:
Vambo
If the rational is that we don't make a profit, this means 11 clubs struggle to to pay up to the cap.

If we spend up to the cap and continue to do so, where is the struggle? What is sacrificed?

Other clubs have a wealthy benefactor willing to make up the numbers. Tigers do not.

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 13:32

Ex claim they make a profit, but their ground is small - max 13,600. perhaps they sell a lot of cider and cream teas.

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 13:35

Exeter have the same sort of sponsorship deal with SWComms that Man City do with Etihad - companies that happen to own the clubs.

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 14:13

Quote:
Brownian Motion
Quote:
Vambo

Other clubs have a wealthy benefactor willing to make up the numbers. Tigers do not.

The Cheats certainly had a wealthy benefactor who made up their numbers!

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 15:09

Quote:
Brownian Motion
Exeter have the same sort of sponsorship deal with SWComms that Man City do with Etihad - companies that happen to own the clubs.
They also have a huge conference facility. I very much doubt the Rugby side of the the business makes a profit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net