Ffs london Irish home game
Posted by: Jon T (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 19:05

Did I miss an announcement that it was being moved to 3pm Easter friday. Who thought that was a goox idea. No wonder they're offering an extra free ticket to Sth's

Re: Ffs london Irish home game
Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 19:08

Jon

Last week

[www.rugbynetwork.net]

Tigers moving again rather than City

Posted by: GT1 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 19:26

Lets be fair they are trying with this offer & the Castres ticket prices! I'm looking forward to this match & the w/e is clear thereafter!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/01/2020 19:28 by GT1.

Date: 30 January, 2020 19:42

Trying... very trying...

(And thanks TigerSimon I'd missed that.

Posted by: penguin (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 20:36

Sorry but this works for me gives us the rest of the weekend free??...

I normally book the whole weekend out for every game anyway always have Saturday at 3pm is a luxury these days

Posted by: melton tiger (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 22:25

When did we last have a Good Friday home game, I can't recall one?

Its a bank holiday, much better than Easter Sunday, public transport is usually ok as well. We could get a really good crowd - would help if performances had improved...

Date: 30 January, 2020 22:28

Pleased for those it suits, but for me its just one step more towards games any day of the week, at any time.

And just another reason not to renew my season ticket next year and just buy individual games.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 10:01

It's not traditionally a bank holiday in Leicester, but i guess that's being very old school.

Simon, almost every LCFC game has been moved this season. Something like 11 of the last 12 moved for TV. 8 games at Saturday 3pm this season of which 4 have been at home. No Saturday 3pm games in February or March. Potentially 2 in April but the TV picks haven't been announced yet.

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 11:33

I think it's a great idea. Starts the holiday break off nicely.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 11:40

Of all the many things we have to worry about this wouldn't be high on my list.

Do I prefer games on a Satuday - yes - but when it's a holiday weekend? In earlier times this would have been perfect - rugby Friday leaving the rest of the weekend free. I would certainly think that the majority of STH's will be broadly in favour of this.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 12:46

It is something they thought was worth trying, the schools will be closed so the kids can make it. People could ask for a day or half day off work I suppose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net