Current Page: 1 of 4
6 nations
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 14:58

Italy are still naÔve in open play, game, but lacking, Wales playing well apart from the George North experiment at centre, he's no 13 is he?

Re: 6 nations
Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 15:03

Frankly it`s not a meaningful contest and second half will be even worse as the Italians tire.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 15:17

Pretty boring so far, if Parkes would pass to George we may even see if he can do anything at Centre

Date: 01 February, 2020 16:05

Even the Welsh fans looked bored, not a very exciting game, but job done I guess.

Date: 01 February, 2020 16:07

Embarrassing from North there, he didn't seem to know what to do there?

Date: 01 February, 2020 16:08

Thankfully the Scotland Ireland game should be a genuine competition. This game was awful.

Date: 01 February, 2020 16:37

Was impressed by Nick Tompkins

Date: 01 February, 2020 17:34

100 mph harum scarum stuff in Dublin, any one could win this one.

Date: 01 February, 2020 17:43

Certainly a better game

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 18:03

Scotland playing like Laurel and Hardy.

Date: 01 February, 2020 18:05

Hogg trying to claim a try he knew he had dropped, embarrassing from the captain there.

Date: 01 February, 2020 18:35

God knows, I'm no Scotland fan but surely playing the ball in a ruck while on your knees is a penalty?

Posted by: GT1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 18:46

Both refs showing "homer" tendencies today!
Scots blew many chances though & ref helped the Irish with their defence!

Date: 01 February, 2020 18:48

I thought both matches had reasonable refereeing for a change, there's bound to be some things missed. Scotland at home will be a handful next week, they weren't great today, but I can hear the hard luck stories already, Ireland stuttered a fair bit, their game against Wales will be interesting.

Date: 01 February, 2020 19:31

Well on the evidence of the first two games there ain`t going to ba grand slam from the four teams on show , hopefully tomorrow will evidence some real skill and grunt.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 19:33

The first match was so one sided, time for relegation and a 2 game playoff against Georgia ?

Canít understand why Cooney is not starting for Ireland, Hogg dropping the ball on the line very costly!

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 19:37

Scotland blew it by not looking after the ball. Ireland were tenacious for sure but even though Scotland couldn't create very well, they still had opportunities ...
Conceeding that many penalties kept Ireland in it...but for all the huff and puff, quite a limited game from both.

Being generous, you could say both teams were rusty ...not in effort, just execution.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 February, 2020 19:42

Best bit of the 1st Match was the Cusworth-esq between the legs pass by Biggarsmiling smiley

Date: 02 February, 2020 03:20

Quote:
tigerburnie
I thought both matches had reasonable refereeing for a change, there's bound to be some things missed.

If you say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2020 03:21 by Rich W.

Date: 02 February, 2020 10:34

I do say Rich, both refs were constantly being verballed by the players, especially Ireland and they both stood up to it, the touch judges weren't particularly helpful, but at least the TMO's kept their noses out, for me they were better than average. I would still like the relevant RFU's to be more professional in their handling and training of refs, but on the whole none of the 4 teams have much to whinge about ref wise, even the Scots who are becoming perennial whingers haven't blamed the ref.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net