Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: At last
Posted by: Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 11:33

Quote:
Yorkie
When the terrace/stand gets redone, H&S will demand pens for terrace.
When the Cat stand was built, iirc, the plan was to move the pitch several metres towards it when the Crumblie was redeveloped. So terrace will be rebuilt?

When the Gordon Terrace at Saints was developed into what is the Rodber/ Tetley/ currently Carlsberg stand, the terrace was sectioned, but it is far from being "penned" like a Wendie ball ground. As the tickets for the central section carry a premium price the division serves a purpose beyond H & S. This took place only a few years ago, and I would be surprised if anything like football pens would be needed for the Crumbiest, which I love as it is by the way. Great place to sit when we come up the road.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 14:07

Quote:
Yorkie
When the terrace/stand gets redone, H&S will demand pens for terrace.
When the Cat stand was built, iirc, the plan was to move the pitch several metres towards it when the Crumblie was redeveloped. So terrace will be rebuilt?

The terrace at Ulster does not have pens (or whatever we are calling them) and that was redeveloped in 2009. Are we sure that is a requirement of all new terraces and not something that is specific to individual areas based on access and emergency exit for that specific stand?

Posted by: Elder (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 16:20

A cynic might suggest that even if not a requirement, pens will be added on the basis that those who want to stand towards the middle can be screwed for a few more quid by the club.

Posted by: L.F (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2020 18:44

Dreadnought -
"Tigers have actually saved a fortune by upgrading Oval Park because they had purchased ex rugby club land in Leicester in anticipation of moving out of Oval Park. They have now sold the land with planning permission."

I can't find any reference to planning permission of the Stoneygate site either being applied for or granted on the Harborough website. Does anyone have a reference?

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 19:47

Sorry. "Pen" was probably the wrong word. I believe that a terrace the size of ours (or Saints) must be sectioned to ensure proper and even distribution of the people stood upon it.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: AndyY (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 10:50

Years ago the Crumbie terrace had painted yellow lines where you couldn't stand to allow easier access to the walkway along the middle. When they wore away they were never repainted, so I presume there is no legal requirement to have sections on a terrace at present, otherwise we wouldn't get a safety certificate.

Posted by: GT1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 19:44

The yellow areas were deemed unnecessary as long as the walk ways parallel to the pitch were kept clear! Also on busy days it was virtually impossible to police!!

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2020 20:21

There is a big difference between something which already exists with "grandfather rights" and something new which must meet current regulations.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 13:05

I have spoken to some fans who sit in this stand, not all them want it re-built

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net