Sir for Saturday
Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 15:39

Dickson

[www.leicestertigers.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 15:41 by tigersimon.

Re: Sir for Saturday
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 16:31

I quite like him

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 18:24

Yes I hope he sticks at it. I was disappointed to see Glen Jackson had packed it in (or was planning to). It would be good to see more ex players take up refereeing.

I suspect they may want to see it become more professional first though, rather than subjecting themselves to the current arrangements!

Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 19:02

As a Waspie I am genuinely looking forward to this game! However as a amateur meteorologist given the approach of storm Dennis I am not getting to excited at present as I feel a cancellation is possible so all eyes on the weather forecasters this weekend.

Posted by: ra (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 19:14

Cancellation?

Yeah, no! Not unless your lot get the pre match pizzas in again.

http://home.zonnet.nl/fred.kitty/calvin/A_hob.gif

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 21:57

Ra - that's just naughty. Funny, but naughty!(Sm22)

Posted by: Egg Timer (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 08:21

Quote:
Tigersfan1
Yes I hope he sticks at it. I was disappointed to see Glen Jackson had packed it in (or was planning to).

Not me, I found him quite dreadful, especially given his playing experience. Dicko, on the other hand, has been a revealation as has local lad, Christophe Ridley.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 13:00

One of the refs who seems to get better with experience.
I won't be able to make this game, I have workers at the house. Mrs Idle is just as capable at dealing with them as i am but doesn't like to there on her own.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:19

I find him dreadful every time. Makes basic errors, e.g forgetting he's playing advantage, giving knock-on's the wrong way. His positioning often seems off which doesn't help. At least he eventually noticed FaCov cheating at every maul.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:33

Quote:
Duncan Keene
I find him dreadful every time. Makes basic errors, e.g forgetting he's playing advantage, giving knock-on's the wrong way. His positioning often seems off which doesn't help. At least he eventually noticed FaCov cheating at every maul.

What annoys me again is the inconsistencies in the working relationship between Ref and TMO for each game.
For example Friday evening (Gloucester v Exeter) MaxwellHouse and Claire Hodnett (who I thought communicated excellently) were working together on any doubtful knock ons and getting the decisions right, yesterday no sign of TMO assistance, Spencer was adamant he had not knocked on.

Yes still puzzled that playing advantage for a knock on and subsequently penalising Wasps becomes a scrum with Wasps put in!

Forgot his yellow card for sequential penalties for the same offence, warned Wasps in 35th minute but then failed to take it any further.

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:51

I thought he let Willis get away with murder in the first half. And yes, he forgot he was playing advantage a couple of times, Still at least he stood up to BT (Dallaglio) pressure over Ben's try saving tackle. Dickson is an average ref, but I'm always pleased to see his name on the sheet as most of the others are so much worse.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:58

Average, in this case means better than the majority!

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 14:59

Yep, the average is in relation to overall quality. In mathematical terms he is considerably better than the average rating of premiership refs. He's not bad - most of them are.

Posted by: AndyY (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 15:36

He wasn't the worst we've had this season but how many penalties were Wasps able to concede at the breakdown without a sin binning? Constantly off their feet, not rolling away and side entries galore, it appeared that the back row and Jack Willis in particular had borrowed Maro Itoje's cloak of invisibility for the game. All I can think is that Storm Dennis blew Dicko's yellow card away after he (correctly) showed it to Lavanini.

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:55

On the day he was abysmal on some issues but good on others .. the latter his only saving grace

The referee is the final arbitrary

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net