Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Team zup for Wasps
Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:38

Felt sorry for Hardwick, but we did look more confident when Reid came on. Wasps front five folded in the second half, making ours look, perhaps, better than they really are. There will be a much sterner test on Friday after Dimes has given his team a going over after their no show against Sarries 2nds. Sale are determined to make the play-offs this year and a rainy night in Salford is not a pleasant prospect.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:47

Yes Reid played much better than Hardwick, but on second viewing it was not as bad as I thought watching live.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 12:53

Think our tight five are starting to look pretty good actually. They've gone well in recent outings. No they aren't comparable to Sarries or Racing but definitely improving.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 14:16

Sale will be a very difficult game, i hope we can show up, but i'd be happy with another good home win the week after against Worcester and keeping the home run going.

Date: 16 February, 2020 14:45

That's my thinking. If we beat Wuss and other results go as expected we'll be up to 9th. And the next few places up to 4th are very tight.

After that, who knows. I can't see Sarries continuing to keep knocking out performances for no reason. At some point I think that balloon will burst. Obviously we'll get nothing at Sandy Park. But equally I'm not sure where Wasps next points are coming from.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 15:45

I think next week is actually really important. There are no safe games and I think Exeter might be winnable as they will be thinking of a European QF in that week. We know it can be very distracting.

But back to next week what we need is to just win a couple in a row to get into the middle of the pack. We're only 9 points off 4th, but 6 points off 8th. Win at Sale and Worcester and we'd be on 24(/25/26) and "the pack" would likely have only moved on to 27/28, so we'd be right up and in it.

Posted by: melton tiger (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 17:22

Saints lose and its 14 points different from 2nd to 11th. One could say all to play for, the only problem is we look like a poor side in most aspects of loose play...

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 18:01

Quote:
tigerburnie
Time the fans helped the players to get out of the rut and get off their backs, for those who have played the game, did you not ever have a bad day? I remember playing in London and received 2 kick offs and dropped both of 'em. We won the resulting scrums because my team mates helped me out, they took the pee out of me in the bar afterwards but we stuck together and won the game.

Boo! [(Sm128)]

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 18:18

Quote:
Rich W
Is there a more biased commentator in the world than Dallaglio?

No.

And will someone please kick away his bl00dy soapbox. He don't 'arf go on.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 18:23

Quote:
Tom Paine
Felt sorry for Hardwick, but we did look more confident when Reid came on.

Hardwick was given the treatment by the Wasps flankers. How many times did they hit him (fairly) just after he'd kicked the ball? Thought the young lad did ok apart from the couple of kick receives he dropped. Reid had a much easier ride.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Date: 16 February, 2020 19:00

Quote:
melton tiger
Saints lose and its 14 points different from 2nd to 11th. One could say all to play for, the only problem is we look like a poor side in most aspects of loose play...

Actually, before the 6Nations circus I thought, under Ford's guidance and with Manu and May we had started to look a little more cohesive. Far from perfect certainly but definitely better.

I'm not arguing that we're going to suddenly come good but with a largely functioning pack and a first choice backline I'd be more encouraged than for a long time.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 February, 2020 19:26

Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
tigerburnie
Time the fans helped the players to get out of the rut and get off their backs, for those who have played the game, did you not ever have a bad day? I remember playing in London and received 2 kick offs and dropped both of 'em. We won the resulting scrums because my team mates helped me out, they took the pee out of me in the bar afterwards but we stuck together and won the game.

Boo! [(Sm128)]
Funnily enough the following week, they kicked off, this time I caught the bloody thing, charged forwards towards their number 8 and as he was bracing for the hit and not looking, I did the best(probably the only) sidestep I've ever done and ended up under their posts, I got the pee ripped out of more for the side step, (Merve the swerve jokes all the way home lol).

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 08:40

Quote:
tigerburnie
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
tigerburnie

Boo! [(Sm128)]
Funnily enough the following week, they kicked off, this time I caught the bloody thing, charged forwards towards their number 8 and as he was bracing for the hit and not looking, I did the best(probably the only) sidestep I've ever done and ended up under their posts, I got the pee ripped out of more for the side step, (Merve the swerve jokes all the way home lol).

With a swerve like that I'm surprised you didn't miss the bus! (Sm124)

The referee is the final arbitrary

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 February, 2020 18:48

Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
daktari
Dallaglio's commenttating always carp , was so biaised today , he was on a personal crusade to get OTY carded for a punch no one saw and a penalty try for Wasps butchered try , calling it a high tackle by Ben White , which it certainly was not.

That was the punch which the ref was asked to look at twice at the time and the TMO when he looked couldn't see?

I could see it. And they weren’t yellow tinted glasses Yorkie.
Citing officer has seen it too, I reckon.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net