Current Page: 1 of 2
Haouas banned for 3 weeks
Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 04:03

[www.skysports.com]

6 weeks reduced to 3 due to mitigating factors (including good conduct, guilty plea and relative inexperience at international level)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2020 04:05 by tigersimon.

Re: Haouas banned for 3 weeks
Posted by: S4llyC (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 06:41

Compare that offence with Manu and you’d think Manu would walk away without further sanction.

Wouldn’t you?

Posted by: Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 08:00

Yes. And Lawes.

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 08:19

What the hell does "inexperience at an international level" have to do with mitigating foul play?

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 08:35

He didn't realise it was OK for Ritchie to run in from afar to get involved at international level without sanction.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 08:39

Bringing the game into disrepute.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 10:11

Watch the hypocrisy in tonight's judgement of Manu , they will throw the book at him.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 12 March, 2020 22:51

So it is sort of ok to punch someone, but if you laugh and tickle his todger…………………………..hanging offence.

Date: 12 March, 2020 23:51

Completely. The system is utterly and completely corrupt. It is beyond contempt and has reduced the game to a state of total farce without principles or moral core in which greedy, self serving, politicking, self-promoting, empire building parasites and their sycophants leech off players and supporters at every level of the game.

Posted by: seventyeight (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 00:21

Quote:
Rich W
Completely. The system is utterly and completely corrupt. It is beyond contempt and has reduced the game to a state of total farce without principles or moral core in which greedy, self serving, politicking, self-promoting, empire building parasites and their sycophants leech off players and supporters at every level of the game.

‘‘Tis best piece of ‘fence sitting’ I’ve seen for a while (Sm154)

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 08:52

Quote:
Rich W

Honest question. Why do you continue to follow it if you truly believe this?

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 09:05

Don't criticise Rich, like the rest of us he is completely frustrated by the hypocrisy, racism and illogical decisions of the 'authorities' and the reason he still follows it is in the distant hope that things will change

Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 09:17

Quote:
IDLETIMES
Don't criticise Rich, like the rest of us he is completely frustrated by the hypocrisy, racism and illogical decisions of the 'authorities' and the reason he still follows it is in the distant hope that things will change

I emphasise, my comment was not being critical of Rich's view. Personally, I do not share it but I respect his right to hold it. I am merely curious how, if he honestly feels so very strongly, he is motivated to continue to follow a sport that 'is a total farce without principles or moral core...... etc'

Date: 13 March, 2020 09:42

I'm struggling. But I have reasons to try.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 10:01

Very good reasons too Rich.

I think many of us struggle with the farce the sport has become, the problem isn't those of us who stay and moan about it but the many who drift away without those running the game realising why.

Date: 13 March, 2020 10:15

Thanks Duncan - and you are right.

Posted by: jojo (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 11:06

Totally agree with you Rich. I go to every home game and whether it is down to our own performance, I feel that somehow I've been cheated either by a brain dead performance or some poor inconsistent refereeing. I am puzzled by many decisions eg how the first Sarries try was allowed when two Leicester players were taken out by dummy Saracens runners. I am sure if that had been us there would have been zero chance of the score being allowed to stand. Many of the touchline tackles into touch (like Manu's at the weekend) involve no arms and are purely a barge into touch. Not all because there have been some fantastic try saving tackles but they are never refereed as no arm tackles until Manu.

Still will turn up at Welford Road for the next home game (whenever that is).

Perhaps Mant's suspemsion will coincide with the suspension of rugby.(Sm110)

Date: 13 March, 2020 11:26

The standard of officiating is undeniably shamefully poor jojo - and deeply frustrating - but my concern isn't so much with referees working in the heat of the moment as it is for those reviewing matters afterwards who with full view of the video; and time and distance to make a more measured, objective, assessment still manage to perpetrate continuous miscarriages of justice that can only be explained by partiality, un-moderated unconscious bias, or by incompetence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2020 11:38 by Rich W.

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 13 March, 2020 11:28

Quote:
Rich W
The standard of officiating is undeniably shamefully poor jojo - and deeply frustrating - but my concern isn't so much with referees working in the heat of the moment as it is for those reviewing matters afterwards who with full view of the video and time and distance to make a more measured assessment still manage to perpetrate continuous miscarriages of justice that can only be explained by partiality, un-moderated unconscious bias, or by incompetence.
This!

Date: 13 March, 2020 11:40

Just to add - I'm not sure that level of incompetence is actually possible.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net