Current Page: 1 of 3
All Rugby to be cancelled ?
Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 13:20

It seems that not only Premiership Rugby, but probably all Senior Rugby will be postponed for the foreseeable future.
Expect the announcement shortly.
It is unclear if the RFU will extend this to Mini and Junior Rugby as yet.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Re: All Rugby to be cancelled ?
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 14:07

A game was cancelled in Nat2 South because one of the teams players tested positive and he had been training with his team mates, so it can happen at all levels, not just in crowded stadiums( there are of course some premiership sides who don't have crowded stadiums, indeed some don't have a stadium of their own I believe...……………………...[:wor kid:])

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 15:33

If you're in the front row, are you keen on getting your head down in a scrum with 15 other panting unwashed forwards for multiple resets ?

Maybe it'll cut down on the fecking about knowing you have to reset

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 15:35

Any form of physical activity that includes contact has the same problem. Bt it has it all the time.

Depends on how hysterical you want to be.

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 16:43

Have they factored in death through the sheer boredom of nothing to do during this period.

Can't play, can't watch, can't go down the pub and can't go and have a meal out.

Do you want to be here for a good time or a long time?

Posted by: (JSF) (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 17:44

Posted by: daktari (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 19:19

Date: 16 March, 2020 20:58

And all levels and forms of Rugby too.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2020 21:26

@#$%& there’s a nailed on TBP win gone begging next week!

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 08:23

Quote:

Postpone for another 5 weeks and then endlessly repeat?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 09:38

I suppose the question of compensation is bound to come up. As I understand it the clubs are not bound to repay anything for 'force majeure' but under the sale of goods act you should be compensated for any goods paid for but not received. I suppose any tickets bought for next season will be valid from whenever the season starts but if compensation is paid for this season, could it be done at the push of a button or would it be a huge logistical and financial headache?

Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 10:13

First point, of course, is that the Sale of Goods Act applies to the supply of goods, not a service, so not applicable.
I haven't looked closely but I suspect that force majeure will apply and the clubs will be entitled to pocket whatever they have regardless of whether there is a resumption of the league. Obviously the tickets will still apply should the matches be played at a future date. (For the avoidance of doubt, if they say this year's league is over, you can't say can I get the outstanding matches from last year, and pay for the rest, etc. It's a new 'supply'.)
From a PR perspective the club might be silly not to do something on a goodwill basis, particularly given the number of people not renewing anyway, but that assumes that they apply thought to the issue.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 10:33

Exeter saying game to be rescheduled and further communication after date known

Date: 17 March, 2020 10:44

Yes, the club have no legal requirement to refund for ST's or Euro Cup QF.The tickets do have to be valid for any rearranged games though.

Given that all clubs are now going to struggle financially, I would hope that fans will not be chasing for refunds ?

As with Rugby Leagure, we could well see clubs go bust, unless the RFU can step in.

Posted by: ChrisC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 10:48

I think the legislation you seek is the The Consumer Rights Act 2015 which applies to goods and services.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 11:09

The cricket season is due to start on Apr. 12th. I seem to remembers reading somewhere that, in the unlikely event it will start, the crowds will be Ltd to 500. in a 1 in and 1 out basis. This could lead to the interesting spectacle of people waiting outside the ground,2Ms apart, of course, on the off chance that they will at some time of the day, be let in. Like rugby some of the non test counties may well go bust.

Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 11:11

The 2015 Act is consolidating legislation that brings together the existing legislation on the provision of goods and services to consumers. It may or may not be helpful, for instance, there is no case law I can find (admittedly I haven't looked very hard and don't have access to Lexis anymore) as to whether admittance to an event is covered as a service provided by a trader to a consumer. If it is then the service should be provided within a reasonable time.
There is nothing to prohibit a force majeur provision being applied to the contract for the service and it may depend on the terms and conditions of the season ticket and whether the club has such a provision in those terms. Given that common use of such provisions I doubt that such a provision would fall foul of the unfair contract terms prohibition under Section 62. Again, I haven't bothered to find my original contract terms when buying the season ticket and haven't looked very hard yet.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 11:23

Quote:
RushdenTiger (KT at work)
Have they factored in death through the sheer boredom of nothing to do during this period.
Can't play, can't watch, can't go down the pub and can't go and have a meal out.

Do you want to be here for a good time or a long time?

In all seriousness this is an unknown side effect of the restrictions, they are sure there will be consequences to the restrictions but cannot know what they are because they have never been tried by anyone for any serious amount of time. This is the justification given for inching the restrictions in, it is far more important that people follow them when they are introduced than if they come in today or Friday.

They are talking about these being in place for 18 months (or until a vaccine is developed), so I think steeling ourselves for not having a season next year is worth considering.

Posted by: S4llyC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 11:48

Adam Whitty from RL tweeted this morning that he has heard from another Prem club (not Tigers) that all the postponed matches will NOT be rescheduled, and they will all be declared 0-0 draws.

Given our current form, that seems pretty good for an away fixture at Sandy Park....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2020 11:49 by S4llyC.

Posted by: (JSF) (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 12:29

(Sm6)

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net