Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: All Rugby to be cancelled ?
Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 12:35

Can't see any other way, to be honest. The new season can't start unless the old one finishes

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 12:40

Defence is definitely improving, but attack is still lacking a cutting edge the same as ever.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 13:00

The whole season should just be scrapped.

The league is so poisoned that any credibility re positions went long ago.

World Cup, Salarysins fiasco, Autumn and Six Nations disruption together with Covid-19 make any awarding of trophies laughable.

Roll forward last seasons final positions (unfortunately for Tigers) and use this as the criteria for qualification for Europe (if anyone's still alive on the continent by then).

Obviously excluding Saracens who still go down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/03/2020 13:04 by RushdenTiger (KT at work).

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 14:30

I wonder if the powers that be will use this time constructively to come up with a better calendar?

Posted by: (JSF) (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 14:44

(Sm22) (Sm22) (Sm22) (Sm22) (Sm22)

Posted by: Lt Pigeon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 15:55

With players contracts expiring on 30 June, it could be an interesting extension to the season should it go into July or later.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 16:00

Quote:
Brownian Motion
I wonder if the powers that be will use this time constructively to come up with a better calendar?

Genius!

Posted by: ChrisC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 17:15

Quote:
IanC
he 2015 Act is consolidating legislation that brings together the existing legislation on the provision of goods and services to consumers. It may or may not be helpful, for instance, there is no case law I can find (admittedly I haven't looked very hard and don't have access to Lexis anymore) as to whether admittance to an event is covered as a service provided by a trader to a consumer. If it is then the service should be provided within a reasonable time.
There is nothing to prohibit a force majeur provision being applied to the contract for the service and it may depend on the terms and conditions of the season ticket and whether the club has such a provision in those terms. Given that common use of such provisions I doubt that such a provision would fall foul of the unfair contract terms prohibition under Section 62. Again, I haven't bothered to find my original contract terms when buying the season ticket and haven't looked very hard yet.

Indeed and as I said this is the current legislation which not only consolidates existing legislation but introduces some new regulations particularly regarding purchasing on line. As you say it'll all depend on what the Ts&Cs attaching to the purchase of the tickets (which relate to the provision of a service - entertainment) say. I'd be amazed if there isn't a force majeur provision.

Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 17 March, 2020 18:14

Me too!

Date: 17 March, 2020 18:21

Quote:
Rich W
Quote:
Brownian Motion

Genius!

I have my moments.

Date: 20 March, 2020 13:23

RFU have just ended the 19/20 season for all leagues and competitions except for the Premiership.

Posted by: tjs10 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 13:27

Quote:
Tiggs
RFU have just ended the 19/20 season for all leagues and competitions except for the Premiership.

...and meanwhile SANZAAR are making final plans to restart Super Rugby as 3 domestic conferences in 2020, recommencing early April...

Posted by: harlequinade (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 22:30

And Deano gives Ealing both barrels...

[www.rugbypass.com]

Life is short,
and art long,
opportunity fleeting,
experimentations perilous,
and judgment difficult.

Date: 22 March, 2020 22:44

Very measured from Deano, in response to vulgarity from Ealing.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 11:36

Yes very rational from Deano.
Maybe it was the same Ealing eeejits down the park with a thousand others yesterday

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 11:58

I think Ealing have every right to defend their interests. They are not calling for games to be played at the moment. Merely that they do not agree that Newcastle's promotion is inevitable and they do not accept that promoting them without doing anything else is right or fair.

The RFU are talking about deciding/announcing this imminently, so when is the time to defend their interests if not now?

We have no idea when competitions are going to be able to be resumed, so no need to rush into a judgement that fundamentally undermines the integrity of the league structures. National League 1 is even tighter at both the top and the relegation places, so while there is less money at stake in those leagues the principal of what league people play in being decided by merit on the field is very important and applies across many leagues.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 12:36

Its a bit premature to start threatening legal action in the current situation. Perhaps Ealing could tell us another way of completing the season if this goes on for any length of time. Very diplomatic by Deano IMHO

Date: 23 March, 2020 16:47

Now all rugby cancelled until May and all Tigers training also cancelled.
Personally I can't see anymore rugby during this season, and I seriously doubt that we have a full schedule next season, or start at the usual time of year either.
There are much bigger things for everyone and the club to worry about though.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 17:14

You are probably right re your prediction for sport to restart. What could happen is sport could finish this season next season? And then if any time left, have a standalone cup type competition. But it may well be that there is only time for the former.

As you say, other things far more important at the moment and who knows where we'll end up in the months to come.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 23 March, 2020 17:25

To assist our neighbours at the Leicester Royal Infirmary, the Crumbie car park is now available exclusively to NHS staff. Parking for all NHS staff is free of charge.

thumbs down

[www.leicestertigers.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2020 17:27 by tigersimon.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net