O/T Today I are be mostly
Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 15:38

Not in the Canary Islands but wheelbarrowing logs and walking to the corner shop for vital supplies, beer & snacks. 13km, who needs the gym/

There you go Idle...

Re: O/T Today I are be mostly
Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 16:12

Were you trading the logs for the vital supplies? But surely the snacks and beer would not all have fitted into the wheelbarrow for the return journey? Or were the bulk of the beer and snacks consumed before returning? Idle would have been more specific and given us the low-down on the lady at the corner shop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2020 16:27 by Tom Paine.

Date: 20 March, 2020 16:50

and whether she was wearing a ring

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 19:16

Well, now it looks as though we won't be seeing each other for some time, so , I would like to wish each and everyone of you the best of wishes for the future. When we come through this we will all be stronger, mentally and physically. We don't know when games will resume but I hope we all pull through it and hope to see you all in the not too distant future

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 20:43

Experts saying 12 months of social distancing, things don't look good for anything anytime soon if correct.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 20 March, 2020 21:28

Quote:
Tiggs
Experts saying 12 months of social distancing, things don't look good for anything anytime soon if correct.

Well, I dunno .. lots of peace and quiet one [or two?]

The referee is the final arbitrary
.. dementiaaahll!

Date: 20 March, 2020 21:54

Living in the middle of nowhere has some advantages

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 09:19

Those logs.
You could have ground them up and turn into pulp to produce handmade artisan bog rolls. Would have made you a fortune.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 10:56

Quote:
Experts

Date: 21 March, 2020 11:00

And today I are be mostly barrowing more logs and chopping kindling. Still plenty left for the loo roll escapade

Date: 21 March, 2020 11:25

Its a bit like Columbus, we are on a journey, we don't know where we are going, when we get there we won't know where we are, when we get through it we won't know what we did and when we return to normal we won't know where we have been

Posted by: Tom Paine (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 11:52

Given our age and infirmities, Idle, I think we can probably guess the likely destination of our journey. Probably see you there, though it depends into which circle the handcart deposits us.

Posted by: ChrisC (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 12:00

We're busy building barricades across the main roads into the county with the OFTA (Old Folks Territorial Army) manning them and repelling all strangers with their walking sticks and Zimmer frames.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/03/2020 12:29 by ChrisC.

Date: 22 March, 2020 14:28

A break from the logs today, emptied one raised bed for demolition, topped up two others. Now sat in the sun, very pleasant

Date: 22 March, 2020 18:05

It's all about perspective isn't it. Me and Tom, likely to go first, you could put John Griff in that category but he is indestructible

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net