Changes afoot?
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 11:27

Re: Changes afoot?
Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 11:40

Proponents of Invitational Rugby Circus plan larger trough.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 12:26

Quote:

A joint statement read: "The nations have sought to eliminate self-interest and recognise the international and club game have shared mutual benefits."

Flying pig alert.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 13:24

I'm not the only cynic on here then lol.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 17:23

Certainly not

Posted by: johnthegrif (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 17:47

They can play the internationals whenever they like, I cannot afford tickets for those games but it must not interfere with our domestic Premiership season and my ability to attend Tigers matches and also holiday in June without missing games , I realise that may happen next year due to exceptional circumstances and the late start to the season but beyond that my season ticket purchase becomes doubtful. Rugby is a winter sport!

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 18:17

I've really grown towards the idea of playing a 26 week season from September to February, then letting the internationals play the 6N and all their friendlies after that. The 6N shifts by 4 weeks roughly, so the biggest tournament stays where it is. We get a 3 more weeks net with the main players and most importantly get it in one block.

This idea of playing December to July, with the 6N still stuck in the middle of the year anyway, seems to have been dreamed up by someone that has never been to a sporting event in the middle of summer. The Shed is horribly hot in May, what would it be like July?

And, almost as if those Victorians knew their onions, the driest months in England are April and May, not the high summer, and it's rain that affects games not cold until it is extreme.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 19:21

But then I could hover between the roads 'Grace' and Welford' on an as and when basis or stay at The King Power hotel, just remember to turn left or right

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 20:02

Quote:
SK 88
I've really grown towards the idea of playing a 26 week season from September to February, then letting the internationals play the 6N and all their friendlies after that. The 6N shifts by 4 weeks roughly, so the biggest tournament stays where it is. We get a 3 more weeks net with the main players and most importantly get it in one block.
This idea of playing December to July, with the 6N still stuck in the middle of the year anyway, seems to have been dreamed up by someone that has never been to a sporting event in the middle of summer. The Shed is horribly hot in May, what would it be like July?

And, almost as if those Victorians knew their onions, the driest months in England are April and May, not the high summer, and it's rain that affects games not cold until it is extreme.

Far too sensible.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2020 20:42

Yep.

Play the development type stuff (and cup thing) first at start of season whilst Internationals are resting from the invitational circus. Any player that shines can hopefully stay on a roll into the Prem season.

Next have the Prem season without breaks.

The European cups follow with qualification from the league season that has just been completed. So the team/squad that have qualified get to play in the big cup.

European cups over then you can have the 6 Nations and other invitational games/tours. Non internationals can have a break starting as soon as their team is done with Europe and the Internationals can join their country ready for the forthcoming games (or be given a break if their country chooses).

All too obvious?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net