Current Page: 1 of 2
"Person trying to buy Beziers claims Taufua agreed to join them, after his bid had fallen through".
Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 12:13

[translate.google.com]

Obviously fallen through.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/06/2020 13:55 by Ayerzawannabe.

Re: Taufua had agreed to join Beziers
Posted by: RushdenTiger (KT at work) (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 12:30

What's going on?

Is this more turmoil surrounding 'enforced' salary cuts or something else?

Date: 27 June, 2020 12:58

Well it will be the salary cap.

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:46

I think a more accurate title would be "Person trying to buy Beziers claims Taufua agreed to join them, after his bid had fallen through".

I was bidding to buy Tigers and if Tom Scott had sold to me I'd got Maro Itoje, Siya Kolisi and Charles Piatau agreeing to join us.

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 13:56

Is that all? Pfft. winking smiley

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2020 14:03

Quote:
SK 88
I was bidding to buy Tigers and if Tom Scott had sold to me I'd got Maro Itoje, Siya Kolisi and Charles Piatau agreeing to join us.

Awesome bench to bring on when Wells, Reffell and Worth tire (Sm100)

Re: "Person trying to buy Beziers claims Taufua agreed to join them, after his bid had fallen through".
Date: 28 June, 2020 21:33

Yannick Pons the future President of Beziers saying that all the names mentioned have been signed and will be playing for the club next season.
Which would mean IF true bye bye Taufua

Re: "Person trying to buy Beziers claims Taufua agreed to join them, after his bid had fallen through".
Posted by: GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 22:13

I cant make my mind up about this. Part of me think it's true because Taufua didnt want to sign the new contract at 25% less and he's found somewhere that will pay him his full contract (or maybe more). But if that is the case why has he bothered to come back to England now?

Date: 28 June, 2020 22:15

Presumably to collect on the remainder of his contract, until the next one starts.

Date: 28 June, 2020 22:19

I'm now learning towards him going having read this

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 22:50

"Including England Players" is the worrying bit as we don't have that many now.
Losing 12 players now would be a catastrophy.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Date: 28 June, 2020 23:02

Wouldn't surprise me at all, given the absolute shambles running the show.

Date: 28 June, 2020 23:06

Don't have that many?
Don't know that many clubs that have 5 England Internationals in their squad

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 23:06

where are they going to go...
France is the obvious conclusion, but that rules out players with England ambitions so that would be a game of bluff there...
Non international quality players put themselves at risk of being out of a job......
I do not think there is much slack at other rpl clubs...they are cutting costs/salary too.

I dont have an opinion on the rights and wrongs on the players stance but i dont think they have a strong hand to play...

Date: 28 June, 2020 23:11

My 1 hope is that the Telegraph hasn't usually been that clued in too our dealings before.
Unlike the Daily Mail who really do or did have a source in our camp.

Well Tuilagi for example if Gatland is willing to pick lions outside of International squads could well be 1, He is out of contract end of next season anyway.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 00:22

Genge ? Cole ? Ford ?
I can certainly see Genge standing up for what has previously been agreed - he has openly said before now that the club has no loyalty any more and he'll do what's right for him (and I agree with him on that).

What I don't understand is how the club can rip up an existing contract (Unless there is a termination get-out clause- which I just can't see internationals agreeing to in the 1st place) - because if they did and can it basically makes all contracts in the future not worth the paper they're printed on.

I'd wait to the 1st time I'm not paid what I'm contracted to be paid ... then head direct to the court / tribunal. When the club lose that, the floodgates are open. And the club have to pay up, or you send the bailiffs in. If the club really really has not money, then it goes bust and disapears to the 7th level of the Midlands pub league.

Totally smacks of PT's supposed 'my way or the high way' management style. In which case he fails to recognise most props don't tend to know how to step backwards in a confrontation.

Posted by: Jon T (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 00:46

Can it really get any worse, we've, sorry, I've, been thinking this for 5 seasons now, one sh/tstorm after another. The Cockers sacking, the revolving doors policy of players and coaches, in and out. One bad PR moment after another, one bad decision after another.

The heart really did get torn out of the club when Cockers was sacked. Players traded behind their backs, contracts not worth the paper they're written on. Now the handling of the Co-vid crisis, why are other clubs banding together, when ours is again falling apart?

Where the feck has the CVC windfall gone? If Peter Tom has a shred of decency he'll follow the other architect of our demise (Cohen) out of the club.

I really think the only way we could have rebuilt the club was to have gone down now, and started again from scratch.

I'm frankly ashamed by how this club has operated over the last few years, i only wish those running things were too.

Make some Noise........................ please.

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 04:36

Possibles:-
Lavanini
TV
Taufua
Liebenberg
Taute
Genge
Ford
Tuilagi
A piece by Rugby and the law from a couple of weeks ago.
[rugbyandthelaw.com]

Date: 29 June, 2020 07:36

I'd expect the England players to sign (even if some of them are part of the current 12) because they're unlikely to find another club in England who can afford them when squads are more or less sorted for next season

I'd guess that the non English players could be the ones to not re-sign. The Lavanini and Taufua rumours then make sense. TV would be on high money so 75% of his current contract might be worth more than what he'd get in France now. But he might take the longer contract in France on a bit less I suppose. Liebenberg would attract interest as well

Posted by: IanC (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 08:11

I would guess that Brink might garner French interest too, although I appreciate his injury record might work against him.
I think there might be some English clubs who have some spare under the cap for top level English players, especially at 25% off, or might just be happy to foment problems.
Hopefully someone's remembered to tell Nadolo that he's on 25% less than he originally signed for.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net