The five Leicester Tigers players that could be 'stood down' over pay cut deadlock
Posted by: harlequinade (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 22:03

Quote:
The five players are refusing to take pay cuts in the form of new contracts.
RugbyPass understands that Ellis Genge, George Ford, Manu Tuilagi, Greg Bateman and Kyle Eastmond (among others) are refusing to take pay cuts and that the Welford Road based side could be set to stand them down from training.

The Telegraph’s Charlie Morgan revealed over the weekend how as much as third of the squad at up in revolt over the new payouts. Tigers’ players have already been hit with 25 per cent reductions to their salaries, and the club are now looking to make further reductions through negotiating new contracts.

Rugby pass

Dear oh Dear!!

Life is short,
and art long,
opportunity fleeting,
experimentations perilous,
and judgment difficult.

Re: The five Leicester Tigers players that could be 'stood down' over pay cut deadlock
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 22:09

Better get in the loft and see if my boots are still there....................can you still use nailed on studs?

Re: The five Leicester Tigers players that could be 'stood down' over pay cut deadlock
Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 22:43

They may charge you for playing too at this rate.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 23:10

Because that's exactly how you deal with employment relations issues of your own making. Whatever you do - don't look for conciliation. Best to make sure you alienate the maximum number of people possible.

Pretty sure this isn't my club any more.

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 23:21

As and when it's possible, I'll be heading to my local club to support them; I won't be setting foot in Welford Road nor watching games again until the utter disgraces owning and running this club are gone.

Posted by: Jon T (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 23:54

The initial June 18th Deadline was a disgrace of PRLs making, Tigers July 2nd deadline makes no sense and shows them up as fairly incompetent, insensitive and frankly pretty unpleasant.

Clearly in the current climate many businesses are having to recut their cloth, but artificial deadlines are just so wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 09:52 by Jon T.

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 10:38

The big team sports like football and cricket are coming out on the credit balance side of the equation while rugby seems intent on portraying itself as the bad guy, clubs and players at war both within and between themselves. Talk of a global season always starts with all sides saying that player welfare is paramount then reversing into their entrenched non negotiable positions which guarantee the exact opposite. Don't they realise what this looks like to people who don't follow rugby? Forget social distancing and start banging heads together while we still have a game and look at the world ad it really is

Posted by: tigersimon (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 14:00

Ellis just tweeted a croissant!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 14:00 by tigersimon.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 14:02

Well lucky him to be still able to afford one!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 14:07

Quote:
tigersimon

It's a sign... he must be off to France 😜

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 14:13

didn't genge tweet a sword emoji when he was linked to Worcester?
and a Bath emoji when he was linked to Bath?

Posted by: Tiggs (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 15:06

Genge now linked to Bristol who are keen to get him back

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 15:07 by Tiggs.

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 15:18

Quote:
PrestonTiger
Quote:
tigersimon

It's a sign... he must be off to France 😜

He's just tweeted a sushi emoji... me thinks he may be on the wind up

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 19:18

What emoji does he use for Brizzle? A statue swimming in a river?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 20:21

Quote:
IDLETIMES
The big team sports like football and cricket are coming out on the credit balance side of the equation while rugby seems intent on portraying itself as the bad guy, clubs and players at war both within and between themselves. Talk of a global season always starts with all sides saying that player welfare is paramount then reversing into their entrenched non negotiable positions which guarantee the exact opposite. Don't they realise what this looks like to people who don't follow rugby? Forget social distancing and start banging heads together while we still have a game and look at the world ad it really is

I appreciate that we are local rivals of long standing, but if you look at what Saints have done , you might consider that you are unjustly tarring everyone with the same brush.

I hope you get yourselves sorted , and look forward to visiting the roundabout again in the not too distant future.

Posted by: Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 00:01

I’ve not seen anything about what Saints have done to be honest. I think Idle is referring to the salary cap which all teams have signed up to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net