Genge and Ford sign new deals
Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 17:02

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Doesn't mention other names.
But if out of those 5 names given we have kept those 2 I will be happy.

Now it will be about if we have kept any of the none English players.

Re: Genge and Ford sign new deals
Date: 30 June, 2020 17:08

[twitter.com]

Genge has added a new to his existing deal also.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 17:23

Excellent news as far as it goes.

Posted by: renko (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 17:25

Chris Egerton reporting on Twitter Lavanini has resigned on a longer deal than before

I wonder when the whingers will start applauding both sides for getting these deals over the line?

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 17:26

So the club blinked first?

Date: 30 June, 2020 17:28

Or they both compromised.

Posted by: renko (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 17:28

based on what - the way seems to be for all clubs and players to get players onto longer deals as a consequence of lower cap and Covid worries. Either way are you saying its bad news we have these players on longer contracts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/06/2020 17:29 by renko.

Posted by: odd-shaped vagaries (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 18:09

Going out on a slender limb by assuming this report to be correct, if we signed George Ford and Ellis Genge I'm overjoyed .. and Lavanini too possibly .. provided they have done so with good will and an intent to give their all to the Club

Not bothered about Manu

Wonder how much of the chit chat on here has been ill-founded .. and the opinions expressed on P Tom .. not saying it was wrong, but this must cast some doubt, surely

The referee is the final arbitrary .. dementiaaahll!

Date: 30 June, 2020 18:12

Tigers certainly have a leak issue though.
Have done for a while.

Without this press leak we might have had no idea in terms who needs to be re-signed still.
Cole, Youngs, Youngs, Ford, Lavaini and Genge have all been mentioned in the press as players who have signed new deals.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 18:34

Even better

Posted by: IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 18:40

I might be wrong here but OTY may have been the lock who joined it all together and if he was he probably wont admit it

Posted by: Willbur (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 18:49

Quote:
IDLETIMES
I might be wrong here but OTY may have been the lock who joined it all together and if he was he probably wont admit it

Centre to Hooker to lock.... interesting career path (Sm151)

Posted by: Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 18:49

I thought he was a hooker?

Posted by: SK 88 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 19:09

Quote:
OldMarovian

It would appear the players did given the deadline?

What we should do with Tuilagi if he has refused to sign a longer deal is give him his back pay and then sell him to Racing or whoever wants him in France or Japan. Reckon we could probably fetch at least £750k transfer fee, possibly more if we can stoke a bidding war.

He's a great player but his contracts have been nothing but damaging distractions.

Posted by: Yorkie (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 19:12

Quote:
Brownian Motion
I thought he was a hooker?

Walks the streets regularly but the fishnets don't really suit him tbh. But those stilettos don't half give his height a boost. A person of many talents!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Posted by: SimW (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 19:14

Itís a shame but he hasnít been at the top of his game for some time. Iíd rather spend his salary on some forwards.

Posted by: johnthegrif (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 19:36

I think Manu has played well for us this year, He did have a big money offer from Racing 92 but declined in order to stay with us and England. It maybe that the total money now available to him Tigers wage plus England is less than the Racing offer (if it is still available). From Tiger's point of view Manu as a marquee player will possibly no longer be one and his wage will have to be found out of the cap money available for the rest of the squad, that is one player getting more than 10% of the total. It is also possible that Tigers having looked at Manu's health record are cagey about extending his contract. Having said all that I really hope Manu stays with us he is a quality player and he is one of our own production.

Posted by: Rich W (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 20:02

This is all excellent news - as far as it goes - but let's not pretend that this affair is ok, however it turns out. No matter what it's been a terrible episode for the club and I can't see that it hasn't done real reputational harm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 17:12 by Rich W.

Posted by: PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 20:05

Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Wonder how much of the chit chat on here has been ill-founded .. and the opinions expressed on P Tom .. not saying it was wrong, but this must cast some doubt, surely

Speculation is what happens when there's an information vacuum. And with the size of that vacuum in Leicester, you'd almost think Dyson sponsored Tigers not Barf.

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 01 July, 2020 17:07

Quote:
SK 88
Quote:
OldMarovian

It would appear the players did given the deadline?

If I understand it correctly the majority of Leicester players agreed a 25% pay cut and then increased cuts when they signed the "new" contract to take advantage of the salary cap loophole so generously offered by PRL. Both Ford and Genge have only accepted the original 25% plus as the deals were signed after the 18th neither will be valued at only 75% against the cap.
Other than not getting a reduction at all that feels to me like a "win" for those players.

I wonder how it sets up the dressing room dynamic with the majority of the club knowing that they've cut their salaries significantly to stay at the club and help keep things viable and knowing that some of the best paid players weren't prepared to make the same (relative) level of sacrifice?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net