OUR FAVOURITE GAMES # 1 SARACENS v LEICESTER TIGERS 28.5.11
Posted by: TheSaracens.com (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 07:15

If there's a game you want to relive once more, please post below. Doesn't have to be a Cup Final - any game that sticks in your mind for whatever reason and if we did a report on the game I'll try and republish!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/03/2020 07:33 by Darraghgirl.

Re: OUR FAVOURITE GAMES # 1 SARACENS v LEICESTER TIGERS 28.5.11
Posted by: BlackheathSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 March, 2020 12:38

Excellent idea DG.

Not sure it's my favourite but I happened to find the full game online (I can't remember what the policy here is about links so please delete if not allowed) [www.youtube.com]

It was a huge result both in terms of a message from the club and the players. PRL had released the news about the relegation shortly before the game in a manner to cause as much disruption as possible. Skelton went off leaving the team down to 14 for half the game but we saw a real performance of character and grit. It was a great performance.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 02:22

Quote:
BlackheathSarrie
Excellent idea DG.
Not sure it's my favourite but I happened to find the full game online (I can't remember what the policy here is about links so please delete if not allowed) [www.youtube.com]

It was a huge result both in terms of a message from the club and the players. PRL had released the news about the relegation shortly before the game in a manner to cause as much disruption as possible. Skelton went off leaving the team down to 14 for half the game but we saw a real performance of character and grit. It was a great performance.

I had forgotten how grim the second quarter was.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: BlackheathSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 07:48

Agreed TT.

Lightning start then Billy off in the first five minutes. The two very soft tries conceded in quick succession and Wills red card in that second quarter. Painful.

I honestly don't see any other club, including Chiefs, turning that round.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 08:32

The same YouTube account also has our home against Munster.

55 minutes of defence, then the handbags and an aroused attack.

721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 14:03

Biarritz at Vic Rd, 2005 and Racing away, 2010 are the first that come to my mind. The second was in all likelihood an awful game of rugby, honestly couldn't see much from the stand, great fun though!

Posted by: Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
Date: 22 March, 2020 14:30

Quote:
myleftboot
Biarritz at Vic Rd, 2005 and Racing away, 2010 are the first that come to my mind. The second was in all likelihood an awful game of rugby, honestly couldn't see much from the stand, great fun though!

OK will try and find them

Posted by: Neville (IP Logged)
Date: 24 March, 2020 16:02

Brilliant read or rather re read . And the memory seems to have jolted a tear from my eye . Such a powerful memory invoked by your wonderful report. Thank you .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net