Re: Squad and Contracts 2019/20
Posted by: Sara'sman (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 18:33

Alex Shaw names him as a TH. here.

Posted by: David@Sarries (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 18:33

Beaton is a tight head.

We now desperately need 2 tight heads to cover the RWC period!

Posted by: ninjafez (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 18:35

Getting a bit worried about the exidous on the academy or non international firsts now, guess price of long term success and I know the club hasn't been proven wrong yet but still

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 18:43

Cheers all. Think it's a bit early to be calling it an exodus, its a fairly "normal" amount of departures so far

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 20:33

Surely another tighthead on the way? I haven’t entirely given up hope that Judge will change his mind and stay!

Posted by: McSaracens (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 20:59

Agree that a tight head is the priority. Titi was superb last weekend that said. Possibly another signing from the Championship?

“I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it.” - Nils Mordt

Posted by: CT (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 21:18

Josh Ibuanokpe from Quins

Posted by: Dolph42 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 April, 2019 21:44

I'd also hope for at least one back row but hopefully two, I've heard nothing further but Jordy Reid from Ealing was linked in Feb. Otherwise (assuming Ibuanokpe arrives) I believe our 'ins' cover our 'outs'.

Date: 26 April, 2019 11:12

Singleton added to the mix with a 3 year deal.

Hoping Ibuanokope signs, looks a real beast!

Date: 26 April, 2019 11:54

Quote:
Barty II
Hoping Ibuanokope signs, looks a real beast!

Agreed, though my abiding memory of him is of a televised game (@ Wuss?) where he went backwards at a rate pf knots. I'm sure our coaches will have an understanding of how to fix any issues, he's a relatively recent convert from No 8. An oil tanker on the turn too!

I too think we'll need yet another TH - I'd expect Kennedy to have this covered - c'mon Mr Judge, you know you want to! There was some ott criticism of Small a month or so back for raising the issue that we may struggle numbers wise around the World Cup. I didn't see the original quote but the criticism was wrt him allegedly requesting consideration of special dispensation in certain positions where we will struggle.

Posted by: Dolph42 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 April, 2019 12:41

Why would you want Judge to break his contract with Bath? Assuming Chippi is fit, he'd be our fourth choice, Ibuanokope, if confirmed, would be more than suitable for that role. I don't exactly know Bath's TH pecking order but I assume he'll be better than fourth choice and he gets to be closer to home.

Date: 26 April, 2019 13:39

Quote:
Dolph42
Why would you want Judge to break his contract with Bath?

I don't. Hence the exclamation mark! Just a tongue in cheek way of paying him a compliment. And showing disappointment that he's one who I feel we've missed out on (for understandable reasons before you jump again).

As others have posted elsewhere, with 3 international THs (one of whom has been long term injured) and Walker moving to pastures new, cover at TH is a concern to some of us. This has also been the case during this season when we have brought in Judge and Sasagi, and oft quoted "you can never have too many props". Judge has had plenty of top level exposure with us and since Koch, Figallo and Lamositele can pack down either side I suspect he would have had plenty more had we been able to secure his services.

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 29 April, 2019 11:07

Alex Day confirmed [www.saracens.com]

Date: 29 April, 2019 11:55

Gotcha - updated. No word on the length of his contract though. Would guess at 1 or 2 years...

Date: 30 April, 2019 11:07

Josh Ibuanokpe signs and is updated to the squad as a (possibly nominal) tighthead

Posted by: ninjafez (IP Logged)
Date: 02 May, 2019 22:00

Barty, Oli Morris gone to Worcester next season

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Date: 03 May, 2019 07:52

Aye. Seen a few comments elsewhere about there being an "exodus" from our academy. Hardly think a handful of players who need game time to move to the next level, that realistically aren't making the strides that the likes of Malins, Gallagher etc have, counts as an exodus...

Imagine there'll be a reasonable intake from the U18s this year too as last year was a quiet one really.

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 03 May, 2019 11:20

I recently listened to a Podcast where Chello announced that he was retiring. I recal hearing he was released, looked at the options and decided he wanted to go out at the top

I remember whn he joined us from Biarritz his carrer was on the rocks, and he has been great servant to the club. At least they are replacing him with like for like in Daly

Posted by: David@Sarries (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2019 10:48

As with any Academy some players will make the bar that Saracens set, others won’t. As Barty says, the time to be worried is when we start losing the likes of Malins.

We also have to remember that we “rescued” a few Academy players from other clubs and developed them into first team players.

Good luck to the leavers, I hope that they achieve their full potential and then “do a Singleton” and come back!

Date: 10 May, 2019 09:55

Many may not have spotted this on social media and the like...

But Marcelo Bosch will be playing grass-roots rugby next year, at 5th tier Burton, where his good friend is the Director of Rugby. Fair play!

Current Page: 2 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net