Staying alive ( you asked for it)
Posted by: Old Curmudgeon (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2019 06:49

In response to the request for a little light reading for the summer, here goes.

Finally it appears that someone is listening when it comes to the fine balancing act between World Cup, six nations and the Gallagher and Europeans.

At the outset I have to explain that being so early in the morning I am attached to an oxygen machine which might make my thoughts appear to some as bonkers.

Condensing the English championship however risks injury and fatigue on the squads up and down the land and I propose that during the “World Cup Years” that the salary cap should be suspended for strict instances where players suffer injury or are deemed to be in need of statutory rest periods.

This could allow players who are out of contract or in their associations close season a jolly in the balmy winter conditions to make a few quid and keep the contests real.

With the kind of planning that now goes into everything, barring unforeseen serious injuries a few players could be kept in reserve as back up and get in sync with the squad should they be needed but not become part of the pool.

Having thrown this particular grenade into the room, I will move on to a nebuliser

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net