Christian Wade
Posted by: GerryK (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 08:48

Wade demonstrates what English rugby is missing by scoring a fabulous 65 yard touchdown in his first ever game in the NFL. The American commentators describing Wade as a English Rugby superstar
A video on the telegraph website shows this but I am unable to link it .

Re: Christian Wade
Posted by: Duncan96 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 09:11

Christian ade Touchdown

Now on the BBC. It might only be a pre season friendly but that is a sensational first touch of the ball in his new game. If he carries on like that he'll earn a few bob and even more plaudits

Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 10:23

Wow.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 11:17

...and a schoolboy version of Christian Wade from Pretoria.

The vintage ones among us will remember Phillippe Sella scoring one like this against England

The relevant score is at 0-14 - the first score by the boys in red and black. The 5-mins highlights are of the whole match but well worth watching for some lovely play.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2019 11:19 by AlanE.

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 11:31

Phillipp Sella

This was the one I had in mind - last try (4th I think) on this reel. Enjoy this - and the others.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 22:05

It's a decent start, I wonder where the nippy cornerback was after the big step outside though! Never doubted his ability ball in hand, it will be his ability to run tighter playbook stuff and recovery when a linebacker or two really tag him. What would really interest me is whether they can exploit his lateral passing, ala Kordell Stewart around the millenium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net