New look website for Saracens..
Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 09:03

Looking at it (all be it in a mobile) it seems better laid out and easier to find fixtures etc...

[www.saracens.com]

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Re: New look website for Saracens..
Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 11:21

An alternative opinion is that it's slow, clunky and poorly designed, with the crowning idiocy being that the squad names are listed alphabetically by given name.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Posted by: AnneGran (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 11:28

I agree, very slow, makes it confusing and sends me to sleep.
Anne Gran.

Posted by: Harrow Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 11:29

Not sure if they are currently experiencing problems but it is running like a dog - over a minute to load on both a PC and an iPad.

Iím then greeted with an almost completely black screen with just a Sarries logo. Only when you scroll down do you see any content. And even then there are vast blank gaps between sections of content.

Posted by: AnneGran (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 11:44

Glad it is not only me experiencing this. I hope they sort it out soon.
Anne Gran

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 11:49

Load it up on PC and I'm greeted by this headache inducing mess

Edited to add I'm referring to the graphics, not Steve C. in the picture
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECkZBYqWsAAsDob?format=jpg&name=small

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2019 11:50 by Sarriebone.

Posted by: london pride (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 12:46

I thought it was my PC and Ipad that was playing up, it takes ages to load up, hard to read the print on those pages with a black background and the sky blue background is just a mess.Early days yet though, let's hope it gets sorted.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 16:36

I am in discussions with two directors of Sportnetwork; they are keen to fix things.

I shall be opening up a Front-page article for users to provide user acceptance testing responses which their technical director has agreed to read.

Please be patient, our objective is to make this site better than its competitors!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: 1876-Fez (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 17:32

On my mobile it's now really slooowwww this morning it was fine..odd.

SUPPORT Help for Heroes:
Help for Heroes

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 18:01

Quote:
TonyTaff
I am in discussions with two directors of Sportnetwork; they are keen to fix things.
I shall be opening up a Front-page article for users to provide user acceptance testing responses which their technical director has agreed to read.

Please be patient, our objective is to make this site better than its competitors!

This thread is about the official Sarries website, not this SN page

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 22 August, 2019 18:23

Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
TonyTaff

This thread is about the official Sarries website, not this SN page

Apologies!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 23 August, 2019 08:19

Quote:
TonyTaff

Seems a little like shutting the door once the horse has bolted unfortunately. Sale, Worcester, Falcons and Irish have either mostly or fully moved to VFT22 while Glos, Quins and Wasps have their own forums (which have reciprocal hyperlinks to VFT22). Mainly down to complaints about how SN runs over the last few years which saw very little action. Not least the almost criminal lack of a security certification on this site which is ridiculous nowadays. Feel pretty bad for the rotten position that you (TT), DG and anyone else who's worked incredibly hard to administrate our site have been put in. But that's how it seems currently.

Posted by: PhillFez (IP Logged)
Date: 23 August, 2019 09:39

Luckily Safari canít find the server so I wonít be frustrated looking at it ... (Sm111)

Posted by: NewPotnoodlehorn (IP Logged)
Date: 23 August, 2019 17:35

The new website - looks ok, has clearly had NO testing whatsoever as I've found over a dozen broken links, features bugs already.... design good, testing pants

Posted by: PhillFez (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 13:33

For some reason the fixtures stop at Nov 17th. A very short season eye popping smiley

Posted by: maynas (IP Logged)
Date: 25 August, 2019 20:48

Quote:
PhillFez
For some reason the fixtures stop at Nov 17th. A very short season eye popping smiley

Still does though whatís there loads OK
There is a calendar function but I cant see how too extend it beyond the Ospreys game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net