Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: To Saracens fans
Posted by: Stevie Myler's right boot (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:22

Thoughts with you guys. Opportunity to now draw a line and move forward

Posted by: St Jimmy (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:32

Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
Wilberforce
Quote:
SaintsAsh
There is a lot of negative stuff about your club atm.
As fans it is not your fault and from a neutral it is good to see your club putting things right.

The club has precisely nothing to put things right. According to Tony Rowe the club had a choice between undergoing a forensic audit, or relegation.
They chose relegation, shafting players and supporters, rather than have their accounts exposed to daylight..
And they are still well over the salary cap.
Other sources saying it's because Sarries couldn't cut £2m by the end of the month. Depends who you read/believe.

They're one and the same thing. If Sarries couldn't make the cuts, then the two options mentioned by Rowe were what they had to choose between.

Posted by: Fellocks (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:41

Another Saints fan, I am glad this has all finally been put to bed but I know the Sarries fans are not to blame, you will come back, possibly not stronger but on an even keel, look forward to seeing you at the Gardens in 2021 /22 season again

Posted by: grunter (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:46

I am not a Sarries supporter and am a lifelong supporter of another Premiership club. I gain no pleasure in what is about to happen to your club and will forward to you returning one day, but with a club that is abiding by the rules that all the other clubs adhere to. I have, for quite some time now, had my own serious suspicions about how such a large and talented squad of players could possibly be assembled and paid under the present salary cap rules. Obviously no one, until now, had proper proof that the cap rules were being blatantly broken but now the truth (or part of it?) is out, the severe penalty is rightly being applied. Cheating, and even serial cheating, cannot, and must not, be allowed to prosper. When competitions and trophies are won by cheating, they are such hollow and false victories. I just hope that, one day soon, all clubs will play by the agreed rules and we can all enjoy rugby played on a level playing field. Whatever happens during the remainder of this season, your results will appear meaningless to most rugby supporters, until such time as your club shows clear proof that it is willing to abide and play by the same rules as all other clubs.

Posted by: Dazthelion (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 23:48

Wasps supporter for the record.

I do think itís the only result that restores integrity to the game and allows Sarries to now start their reputations resurrection, but itís obviously a damned tragedy for the long-standing loyal fans who are as much a victim of their Clubís behaviour as the rest of us.

Stay strong guys and keep on loving the game even if it may feel hard right now.

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 08:05

Itís none of the fans fault, clearly. Any anger about the financial impropriety is entirely directed at the club.

To those fans who have shown empathy, and who have put the spirit of the game before tribal loyalty, you are a credit to rugby, and I hope to see you back in a couple of seasons.

To those fans who cannot see past tribalism, there is very little to say. When you see fans on this board suggesting loopholes about how to circumvent further rules, or suggesting team selections that further skew this seasons league table, itís a sad day.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 10:06

I am a Chief supporter, and I would hope that none of your good supporters that traveled to Sandy Park at Christmas had any issues from our the supporters.
We all love rugby, and as many friends I have in the Saints ranks have said, relegation was the best thing for their club at that time. With your great coaching team you will come back and be a force once more, putting all the deceit behind you.
I know our Chief exec has been vocal, but it has now come to pass that he hadn't said a lot wrong.
But that is between clubs, not us the supporters, I actually miss some of the trips to the old championship teams, ground roots people who know their rugby, and watch the game as we all do because they love it.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 10:28

My thoughts are with all connected with Saracens at this awful time for the club. I hope you can rebuild and win back a place in the game so that this can all become history.

Posted by: The Boyfriend (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 12:56

A Newcastle Falcons fan here checking in to wish all the Sarries fans well at this horrible time.

Posted by: gladiator923 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 17:06

Why the hell is Tony Rowe the spokesperson for PRL?? The most vocal critic of Saracens. What he said hasnít been confirmed officially.

PRL are a joke - making up the rules as they go along. Theyíre as complicit in bringing the game into disrepute as Sarries.

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:22

Quote:
gladiator923
Theyíre as complicit in bringing the game into disrepute as Sarries.

Do you truly, honestly believe that?

PRL have handled things abysmally, true, but do you honestly think their clumsy handling of an unprecedented situation is as bad as systemic cheating?

Posted by: gladiator923 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:35

Quote:
AlexInSouthville
Quote:
gladiator923
Theyíre as complicit in bringing the game into disrepute as Sarries.

Do you truly, honestly believe that?

PRL have handled things abysmally, true, but do you honestly think their clumsy handling of an unprecedented situation is as bad as systemic cheating?

Why would I say it if I donít believe it?? Itís a shambolic way to oversee a professional competition. Smacks of a group of chairmen acting in their own self interest, making it up as they go along. Proper governance and transparency is absolutely zero so yes I think they are as complicit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 20:31 by gladiator923.

Posted by: lechef (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:43

What we have to remember is that it is Nigel and the board who have let the players, coaches, support staff and fans down. The whole board who have been involved during this period, should resign.
As fans we have to show are support to the players and coaches, for the rest of the season and beyond. We have had hard times before and we have overcome them. We will do it again.

Stand up and be proud to be a Saracens supporter.

Posted by: Aberavon Wizard (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:54

There was a time when a great many people had a soft spot for Exeter - plucky newcomers, developing year by year etc. Now we have seen another side to them and I am getting more than a little tired of Tony Rowe not to mention the ever more sanctimonious Rob Baxter.

Posted by: maynas (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 20:44

Quote:
lechef
What we have to remember is that it is Nigel and the board who have let the players, coaches, support staff and fans down. The whole board who have been involved during this period, should resign.
As fans we have to show are support to the players and coaches, for the rest of the season and beyond. We have had hard times before and we have overcome them. We will do it again.

Definitely. On all points. How many of the idiots on the board are left now?

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 09:31

Absolutely agree that whatever the decisions made by those in charge at Saracens the fans should not be held responsible.
While some supporters will forever label you and the club I do hope in future visits to Sixways that Saracens supporters are treated with the values the game of rugby holds dear.

Enjoy your year in the Championship having been there on a number of occasions the away days can be a throwback to days before professionalism came to rugby and at times they can be quite enjoyable.

Posted by: jonnybrowne (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 10:51

Quote:
SaintsAsh
There is a lot of negative stuff about your club atm.
As fans it is not your fault and from a neutral it is good to see your club putting things right.

It is my hope that Saracens as a club come back to the premiership in a years time on an even keel and we as fans get to welcome all your fans to our grounds for a beer and some rugger (Franklins Gardens for me.)

All the best,

Ash

Thank you, Ash. LIke all the Sarries fans who've read your post I appreciate it, and it's comforting to know that the true spirit of the game is still there. Very best of luck to Saints for the rest of the season.

Jonny

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 15:34

Quote:
maynas
Quote:
lechef

Well three board members have to sign the two SC statements which are provided each year. Nigel will have been one of them and has gone. The CEO (not EG) should have been another and is still around on the Board but in a different 'Minister without Portfolio' role; can't understand why. I am not sure who the third person is/was.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Posted by: NickL (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 19:55

Quote:
AlanE
Quote:
maynas
Quote:
lechef

Well three board members have to sign the two SC statements which are provided each year. Nigel will have been one of them and has gone. The CEO (not EG) should have been another and is still around on the Board but in a different 'Minister without Portfolio' role; can't understand why. I am not sure who the third person is/was.

Would Nick Leslau have been the other one? He resigned a few months ago.

Posted by: MarchingIn (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 03:58

A different version of Saracens can make it back to the Premiership, and can now be welcomed without reservation when they do.

Like Mike Brown once said everyone did, I hated Saracens - not the coaches or the players or the fans, but the whole 'the reason we win all the time is because we have a superior ethos and care more about our players' thing. It just seemed so smug, and, I always suspected, false. When that turned out to be correct, the -35 points seemed like an insufficient penalty to me and did nothing to temper my dislike.

Things are truly different now. I am pretty sure that the "Nigel did nothing wrong" brigade will melt away faster than a snowball in the Sahara when it comes to November games in front of a couple of thousand, and the real rugby fans who see relegation through will have the respect of us all. I think you will find yourselves very much welcome back when a new incarnation of Saracens rises from the ashes.

Current Page: 2 of 2
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net