Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mark McCall
Posted by: Westy68 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:08

Quote:
Banzai1314
Quote:
Westy68
I have no idea if Agen where any good As they were playing Edinburgh.
What I can tell you is Wasps were awful yesterday.

I also have great memories especially beating Tigers in the final, especially has tigers put 50+ points past us a few weeks earlier

How about Bordeaux- which decade do your memories refer back to ? Niled at home - ouch !

Banzai I donít get what you are trying to say, do you think saying Wasps are rubbish will upset me, is that what you are trying to do. Unfortunately Wasps are poor with a poor coaching set up, I already know this but I will still watch them.

How much longer wasps will be around is unlikely to be much longer, if our finances stay as they are

Iím sorry that I have only followed Wasps for 19 years, please tell what is an Acceptable time period.

Posted by: Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:11

Quote:
Banzai1314
We have continually developed average and academy players into England and Lions players - and you donít think that will be remembered?

No.

Firstly because you constantly take credit for developing players you did no such thing for.

Secondly because any success is tainted by the cheating. Would you have developed academy players to the same degree if you had not assembled a squad the way you had? No, almost certainly not.

There is no aspect of the success you have had that you have not poisoned with this and that is bloody criminal. Pretending it is all ok because it had some wider benefits is almost as bad.

I genuinely hope this does not destroy your club, I hope you come back with some of the humility you have long claimed was a virtue and we can go back to competing fairly, but I worry the repercussions could destroy your club. This has damaged all of domestic rugby significantly and I firmly believe we have not heard the end of it yet.

Posted by: AlexInSouthville (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:13

Quote:
Banzai1314
We have continually developed average and academy players into England and Lions players - and you donít think that will be remembered?

Honestly? No, I donít

When people in coming years think about the Sarries team of 2010-2020, first thought will be about the cheating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 18:16 by AlexInSouthville.

Posted by: Banzai1314 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 18:23

Out of interest which players do you believe we take the credit for that were as a result of others ?

Posted by: maynas (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 19:22

Quote:
Banzai1314
Quote:
plzd
Cheating kumts @#$%&

What a joke !Really -is that all you can come up with ?

On another thread (heís active on most actually) he says he runs his own company.......God help his employees!

Posted by: Keffer K (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2020 20:06

If he had any involvement at all, sadly he has to go.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 16:31

Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Quote:
Banzai1314

No.

Firstly because you constantly take credit for developing players you did no such thing for.

Secondly because any success is tainted by the cheating. Would you have developed academy players to the same degree if you had not assembled a squad the way you had? No, almost certainly not.

There is no aspect of the success you have had that you have not poisoned with this and that is bloody criminal. Pretending it is all ok because it had some wider benefits is almost as bad.

I genuinely hope this does not destroy your club, I hope you come back with some of the humility you have long claimed was a virtue and we can go back to competing fairly, but I worry the repercussions could destroy your club. This has damaged all of domestic rugby significantly and I firmly believe we have not heard the end of it yet.

Is it only I who finds it tiresome when a visitor conflates the club's fans with the club? I very much doubt that our fans claim credit for the development of academy players. I am pretty certain that the fans cdid not commit the sins of which the vlub has been found guilty.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: Cereal Killer (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 16:35

+1!

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 16:41

Spot on Keffer K

Posted by: boomer! (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 17:18

Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Quote:
Banzai1314

No.

Is it only I who finds it tiresome when a visitor conflates the club's fans with the club? I very much doubt that our fans claim credit for the development of academy players. I am pretty certain that the fans cdid not commit the sins of which the vlub has been found guilty.

Nope. We all do TT

Wasps are annoying at the best of time but put a glass of sugared water in front of them and they are unbearable.

The sad part is that he really thinks we has something worthwhile to say when in reality it is just a freaking annoying buzz.

Thankfully my severe tinnitus masks most of the noise .

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Date: 20 January, 2020 17:35

Nice.

All part of the Sarries family eh? And with behaviour like that you wonder why fans of every single other club are happy about you getting relegated...

Posted by: boomer! (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 17:39

Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Nice.
All part of the Sarries family eh? And with behaviour like that you wonder why fans of every single other club are happy about you getting relegated...

Why are you here? You are not welcome and offer no value. Your life must be so sad & tragic that all there is for you is to pitch camp on the Saracens message board pouring our your bile and vitriol.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Date: 20 January, 2020 17:56

Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Nice.

You wouldnít be part of the Saracens family being a wasps fan and all. Please donít feel obligated to keep posting on the Saracens board. Shame there isnít a wasps version, they might welcome you.

Posted by: derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 18:11

The trouble is we donít know why or by how much we are over the cap this year - I still very much doubt that it is because the monthly payroll cheques to the players are over the cap (if we are over the cap on base pay, then that would very much involve the DoR) - but because of the way that the Cap Regulations treat the co-investments etc. As I read the regs, co-investments are treated as if the total amount is Ďsalaryí (irrespective of the actual or potential benefit to the player) - and then spread over the remaining contract life - so a co-investment with a player in the 2018/19 season (then in the first of three years of a contract) if still existing would also count towards a cap breach in 2019/20 (and the following year - if not bought out by then)

So yet another reason why we need to have transparency from PRL

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 18:14

Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Nice.
talking of families, how about the members of the 'wasps family' boasting of going along in Muster fancy dress to abuse Billy last season?

Date: 20 January, 2020 18:23

Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Nice.

Why are you here? You are not welcome and offer no value. Your life must be so sad & tragic that all there is for you is to pitch camp on the Saracens message board pouring our your bile and vitriol.

I was in this thread talking about how tragic it is that a man who may have been one of the best coaches around will always be tainted with blatant cheating, and that because of it we'll never actually know how good he is. But if you don't want discussion on this discussion forum then you all go back to whining about how the mean club owners are bullying Sarries by pointing out their ongoing cheating.

Date: 20 January, 2020 18:25

Quote:
myleftboot
Quote:
Vespulavulgaris
Nice.
talking of families, how about the members of the 'wasps family' boasting of going along in Muster fancy dress to abuse Billy last season?

I have no idea what you mean, but Wasps like every other club has some less desirable types in its numbers. Poking fun at Billy is one thing, genuinel abusing him is another entirely. Though there are quite a few Wasps fans still upset about the way he left us for you. It wasn't done well by him. Not that that is any excuse of course.

Date: 20 January, 2020 18:36

ď Wasps like every other club has some less desirable types in its numbersĒ

It would appear so

Posted by: Statesman (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 18:41

Quote:
derbyshire fan
The trouble is we donít know why or by how much we are over the cap this year - I still very much doubt that it is because the monthly payroll cheques to the players are over the cap (if we are over the cap on base pay, then that would very much involve the DoR) - but because of the way that the Cap Regulations treat the co-investments etc. As I read the regs, co-investments are treated as if the total amount is Ďsalaryí (irrespective of the actual or potential benefit to the player) - and then spread over the remaining contract life - so a co-investment with a player in the 2018/19 season (then in the first of three years of a contract) if still existing would also count towards a cap breach in 2019/20 (and the following year - if not bought out by then)
So yet another reason why we need to have transparency from PRL

df, there are 2 reasons why we do not have the transparency you demand. One is that the PRL won't allow it - the other is that Saracens won't allow it.

FWIW, I agree with you that transparency is critical in restoring some sort of confidence around the SCR's - I think I first called for it last March - a demand which was universally rejected at the time by Sarries supporters on here.

With regard to the JV's there are 2 things that count towards Salary - loans and profit. I can see no reference to spreading over contract life so I have no idea where you have got that from? My expectation is that the JV's generate very little profit. So that leaves the loans. My reading of the SCR's is that the loans count as Salary in the year that they were made (if not repaid in that year) but you could also read the SCR's as saying that they count as Salary in every year that they remain unpaid. As you say transparency would help our understanding.

Date: 20 January, 2020 19:04

Quote:
Cereal Killer
ď Wasps like every other club has some less desirable types in its numbersĒ
It would appear so

Fair enough. Run along back to your echo chamber. I hope you still have a club in a year or two and that we all still have a reputable sport to follow.

Current Page: 2 of 3
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net