Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Are we now scared to lift our heads up?
Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 17:29

Also they have to kick off early during the winter months due to not having flood lights!

Free issue LED head torches for the supporters to shine on the pitch.

Posted by: daz_71 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 17:41

Quote:
Darraghgirl
Quote:
daz_71
Quote:
The Substandard Biscuit
Just looked at the Championship table, with Newcastle gone most of those games are easily commutable so looking forward to visiting a set of new stadia,....

Just to set expectations - stadia may well be too strong a word to describe Dillingham Park (Ampthill). Make sure you bring your walking boots and expect to get them muddy. Also they have to kick off early during the winter months due to not having flood lights!

I'm actually getting quite excited!

My daughter plays for the minis there. It's a good old school rugby club. Mo Botha is coaching the forwards there this season so hopefully he will still be around next year. Soane Tonga'huia is also a forwards coach and still playing, Dave Ward (formerly of Quins and a non fan of Andy Goode) is player coach, Kevin Barrett (formerly of Sarries is still playing scrum half.

Obviously Jon Kpopku has been on loan there this season so he will know the lie of the land (and maybe a few line out calls) for sure!

Posted by: Eurosarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2020 19:33

What a wonderfully uplifting thread. Thanks.
Yesterday's game had every possible emotion in me turn one way then the other. The players' expressions at the end "lap of honour" was something very special indeed. The emotions from all of them was clear to see.
The BBC Saracens Special podcast noted by TSB is a must listen.

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 01:23

Ps. Why has (the expensive) Jamie Roberts just cleared off from Bath to the Stormers in South Africa ??? Not sure it fits with his medical career/studies. Bit strange. Maybe we could be playing Bath next year too ? Maybe all those L.I. imports are quite expensive ?[/quote]

Perhaps we forced him to tear up his contract 6 months early and sent him abroad. Alternatively, as Roberts claims, he really fancied the opportunity to play in South Africa, discussed the possibility last November and Bath agreed provided they could find a replacement. They let him miss the start of the season to commentate at the World Cup too, before this salary cap controversy all kicked off. He's played all over the world, had a year wading through the paddy field at the Rec and fancies Cape Town- it might be that simple...

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 07:23

Indeed Tom, just a man who, in the twilight of his career was offered an opportunity to try something new. This seemed very much driven by first the Stormers, and the the Doc. Great player and I wish him well. Not his chin though, that's knocked out more men than AJ.

Posted by: Dave and Babs (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 13:45

Best atmosphere at Allianz Park and a very fine performance by a great team. It is very hard to accept the outcome of the breaches and the supporters deserve to know more. I hope the players and staff at the club are now better informed about the lapses and the club's remedial plan to restore confidence and trust from all those who enjoy rugby.

Posted by: Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 16:11

This thread is now closed. Please post all issues re salary cap/report etc on sticky thread above

Current Page: 2 of 2
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net