Current Page: 1 of 2
Big Will Skelton
Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 15:19

4 week ban for his red card offence on Sunday

Re: Big Will Skelton
Posted by: dixipus (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 19:02

i watched this carefully on replay several times. Will was practically stationary, caught flat footed as oppo passed. Oppo then fastened his eye on Will and ran four or five strides straight at him. More a case of ref deceived in my view. Surprised at 4 weeks. Who argued the defence?

Posted by: DoubleChampions (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 19:16

The game is changing fast and in our current predicament I would not object if Will moved on.

+1

Posted by: Gray_Lensman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 19:46

Quote:
dixipus
i watched this carefully on replay several times. Will was practically stationary, caught flat footed as oppo passed. Oppo then fastened his eye on Will and ran four or five strides straight at him. More a case of ref deceived in my view. Surprised at 4 weeks. Who argued the defence?

You watched a completely different incident from me then. I saw late, no arms and shoulder to the chin. Under current guidelines that's a red every time. Don't argue that its difficult for a big man to get out of the way in these types of challenges but for Skelton to get shoulder to chin it had to be him dipping not the other player.

Posted by: Adey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 19:51

He was always fixed on the player he hit even when the ball went. Would have been red, before the law changes this season.

Posted by: BlackheathSarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 20:14

Can have no complaints about that nor the card during the game.
I have actually been really impressed with his tackling recently as he was a bit loose when he first came. I appreciate he is a big guy and it can be difficult to hit and the right height but the one on the weekend was just dumb.

Posted by: Sorry Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2020 22:14

He could be useful in Dublin. As would Billy even more so. Hope he's not feeling too down with all the nonsense going on in addition to his arm break

Posted by: hertsman (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 11:02

Wonder if he will go back to Oz and try and reclaim his gold shirt.

Posted by: MaroonTyke2 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 11:27

Quote:
hertsman

RugbyPass say that Rugby Australia are keen on his return.

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 12:03

Quote:
hertsman
Certainly a possibility and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go. Turning down an international chance when you're winning premiership/european trophies is one thing, but turning it down to play at Ampthill and Bedford is another.

Posted by: Sorry Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 12:55

Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
hertsman
Certainly a possibility and I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to go. Turning down an international chance when you're winning premiership/european trophies is one thing, but turning it down to play at Ampthill and Bedford is another.

Certifiable insanity I'd suggest. Do Ampthill have a 4G surface? (Sm22)

Posted by: The Substandard Biscuit (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 15:58

Big Willie may disappear to Australia, particularly now Cheika has gone, but I also think he wasn't treated that well by some of the clubs over there.

However, his wife is embedded in the Sarries club, she's something to do with the women's team, and apparently they both gets the whole Saracens family thing completely and love it.

I hope he stays. He's great.

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 16:19

Who will look forward to it least - Big Will facing Ampthill, or Ampthill facing Big Will?

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Posted by: derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 19:42

Kate Skelton has captained the womenís development side the last two outings

Date: 22 January, 2020 20:26

It would show a complete lack of ambition if he wanted to stick around just because his missus plays womenís rugby.

Posted by: derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2020 21:01

Adey - will you say that to Kate? Most couples take joint decisions on big choices like this - which weigh up the interests, cash flow AND long term plans of each partner.

Posted by: ScrummageMachine (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 07:32

For me big Will really needs the Saracens family to put his arm around him.
He gave up the world cup to be us, with the investigation hanging over us.
He is not subject to the international appearances, buys into the culture and is a top level player.
Maybe he had a bad day, his frustration came out, but this is one player I feel for, gave up the world cup and his country to support us.

Date: 23 January, 2020 07:52

Yep. Thereís a reason that womenís rugby is a second rate sport with no money in it. We keep getting told playing careers are short and you need to make the most of it while you can. She certainly wonít have earning power of her husband.

Posted by: Banzaiwarrior (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 10:13

Adey ,I sponsored Will last year and met him and his wife many times. I have to say he is a family man through out and at the end of every game his first reaction would be to look into the crowd to find Kate.

Women's Rugby is a second rate sport ? Try telling that to the Cleall sisters. Maybe you should pop down and introduce yourself to the Saracens ladies team and tell them your thoughts !

ďThe boys have fight in them intrinsically and that comes when you lose tight games together before.But itís also the relationships we have,itís an amazing group to be part of.Everyone on the outside hates us but we donít care,if you come in,you will get so much love you wonít want to leaveĒ B.Vunipola 2017

Date: 23 January, 2020 10:31

Womenís rugby is a box ticking exercise for the politically correct. Just because sport should be all inclusive doesnít make it any good. Itís completely inferior to the menís game. The skill levels really arenít there, which is why you get more people watching a local Saturday team than a womenís premiership match, and why thereís no money in it.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net