Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Big Will Skelton
Posted by: daz_71 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 10:41

Quote:
Adey
Women’s rugby is a box ticking exercise for the politically correct. Just because sport should be all inclusive doesn’t make it any good. It’s completely inferior to the men’s game. The skill levels really aren’t there, which is why you get more people watching a local Saturday team than a women’s premiership match, and why there’s no money in it.

Adey is fully buying in to the #metoo campaign!

All women's sport is looked at as being inferior as it's always being directly compared to the mens versions of those sports. It shouldn't. Some of the Saracens/Quins Womens games have been every bit as exciting as the Saracen's mens games but maybe for different reasons. That does not make it inferior!

Posted by: JL904 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 11:03

@ Daz

It's interesting to note that womens sport - in particular team sport - is considered inferior by many when it's competing with an established mens equivalent, especially football, cricket and rugby. A notable exception is cycling ... before it was targeted by Sport UK and the Lottery for funding, the sport was fairly niche. The public funding was given to both men and women. As a result, womens cycling is regarded as on a par with the men, as they were never playing "catch-up.

Even more dramatic is the rise of the round ball game in the US. They were never a force in mens football, so the women started in an equally poor position. Whilst baseball, gridiron and hockey have attracted the best young men, football has had the pick of the girls.

Hence the US women have been finalists in all 8 Womens WCs since the first in 1991, and won four of them, the mens team is nowhere near the same standard.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 11:19

Quote:
JL904
Hence the US women have been finalists in all 8 Womens WCs since the first in 1991, and won four of them, the mens team is nowhere near the same standard.

The US mens team haven't won any world cups but I'd be careful suggesting they aren't the same 'standard' as the women winking smiley

Posted by: derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 14:09

Very depressed by Adey’s attitude. I had hoped the dinosaurs were going extinct.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 15:50

The Saracens women's scrum-halves don't incessantly boxkick. Alternative uses of possession can be a breath of fresh air!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication.

(*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: Adey (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 15:53

Quote:
derbyshire fan
Very depressed by Adey’s attitude. I had hoped the dinosaurs were going extinct.

Ahh Princess, did I hurt your feelings with my opinion?

Posted by: JO'G (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 16:08

Quote:
Gray_Lensman
Quote:
dixipus
i watched this carefully on replay several times. Will was practically stationary, caught flat footed as oppo passed. Oppo then fastened his eye on Will and ran four or five strides straight at him. More a case of ref deceived in my view. Surprised at 4 weeks. Who argued the defence?

You watched a completely different incident from me then. I saw late, no arms and shoulder to the chin. Under current guidelines that's a red every time. Don't argue that its difficult for a big man to get out of the way in these types of challenges but for Skelton to get shoulder to chin it had to be him dipping not the other player.

different view from me too

all I saw was crossing; penalty to Saracens

oh and unfortunately one of those 'I'll get the bloke sent off' actions that seem to be creeping into the game

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/01/2020 16:09 by JO'G .

Posted by: MGB (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 17:31

Quote:
derbyshire fan

+1 from another Princess apparently.

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 17:36

Quote:
MGB
Quote:
derbyshire fan

+1 from another Princess apparently.

Don't kiss the frog boys - it might become an empathetic human being.

Posted by: Banzai1314 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 19:07

Quote:
Adey
Quote:
derbyshire fan

Ahh Princess, did I hurt your feelings with my opinion?

Is this the same Rich Adey (Mindfullness Advocate )?

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2020 20:20

Hi, Adey, has MBS hijacked your account?

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net