Current Page: 1 of 10
EVERYTHING RELATED TO SALARYCAP/REPORT/RELEGATION ETC
Posted by: Darraghgirl (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 15:51

With the ongoing salary cap saga, our message board has been dominated by multiple threads relating to the salary cap breach. Most of the comments have been polite and well-reasoned although a few have not. However it has made it difficult for Saracens’ supporters to use the Message Board in the way it was intended – to talk about our team and all matters rugby-related among ourselves.
The Mods have decided therefore that we will open THIS single, sticky Salary Cap thread. Everyone, Saracens or otherwise, is welcome to post on there about anything related to the Salary Cap breach, appeal or no appeal, mid-term audit and any other fall out. Please keep comments relevant, respectful and not repetitive. All other Salary Cap-related threads will be closed and any new ones, or salary cap posts on non-related threads, will be deleted (unless there is a new revelation deserving of its own thread!).
Thank you everyone in advance for your co-operation.

Re: EVERYTHING RELATED TO SALARYCAP/REPORT/RELEGATION ETC
Posted by: mr magoo (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 16:40

Just reminiscing about my early years in Hackney in the 60/70s. The criminal element amongst us had a certain code. One thing you never ever did regardless of the circumstances was to inform or grass to the authorities. A grass was considered to be lower than a paedophie. I fact a grass was considered to be the lowest form of life on the planet. Not accusing anybody, just saying!!

Posted by: Rinkadink (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 17:15

And is the first reply respectful or on topic?

Just saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2020 17:15 by Rinkadink.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 17:19

I would beseech all the Sarries fans who have deserted this forum to return.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: ukms (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 17:31

Quote:
mr magoo
Just reminiscing about my early years in Hackney in the 60/70s. The criminal element amongst us had a certain code. One thing you never ever did regardless of the circumstances was to inform or grass to the authorities. A grass was considered to be lower than a paedophie. I fact a grass was considered to be the lowest form of life on the planet. Not accusing anybody, just saying!!

I suppose if Gustard was mixing amongst a ‘criminal element’ then you may well be right that code would have applied in the 60’s. Perhaps not in 2020. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/01/2020 17:40 by ukms.

Date: 24 January, 2020 19:18

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
mr magoo

I suppose if Gustard was mixing amongst a ‘criminal element’ then you may well be right that code would have applied in the 60’s. Perhaps not in 2020. smiling smiley

I should be most surprised if Paul Gustard was involved in the ALLEGED provision of information.

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Date: 24 January, 2020 20:17

Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
ukms
Quote:
mr magoo

I should be most surprised if Paul Gustard was involved in the ALLEGED provision of information.

I’ve no idea .. but it’s been mentioned a few times on here in light of the involvement of Quins in the provision of information. If he did he shouldn’t be criticised IMHO.

Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 23:28

Please keep comments relevant, respectful and not repetitive.

Well that's going to be hard to avoid.

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 24 January, 2020 23:44

Sorry ref, bit drunk!

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 00:34

Quick clue, none of us are Nigel you @#$%&.

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 08:06

I believe some erstwhile posters on this board have given up, or taken a break. Several times in the last week or so I have almost convinced myself to do the same, mainly when I see posts that descend to calling one another names. Reasonable debate between Sarries and non-Sarries with often polar opposite opinions is fine, if sometimes tedious, but descent to profanity isn't IHMO. So can I appeal to all posters to keep it civil, and for Sarries posters to ignore non-Sarries who don't.

Oh, and maybe refrain from posting while on the sauce mlb (Sm100)

Date: 25 January, 2020 11:05

Quote:
myleftboot
Sorry ref, bit drunk!

Contributions while playing le troisieme demi are welcome!

Date: 25 January, 2020 11:13

@tonytaff .... have the donations from clicks spiked due to so many visits by us oikes ? smiling smiley

Posted by: mksarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 11:28

Many thanks to DG and mods for sorting out this mess. I can now get on with my life.
(Sm128)

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:03

The latest Owen Slot story:
"Saracens argued hard to keep their trophies on home turf before a deal was struck that prohibited the club from exhibiting the trophies in any open space where they would be construed as an instrument of success."

This is getting ridiculous

Posted by: derbyshire fan (IP Logged)
Date: 25 January, 2020 12:18

And all of this seeks out via stories to journalists; fans of Saracens and of all the other clubs need some proper openness about what penalties are being awarded and why

Date: 25 January, 2020 13:05

Quote:
ukms
@tonytaff .... have the donations from clicks spiked due to so many visits by us oikes ? smiling smiley

Sadly not. These days, Sportnetwork only pay for front page clicks. Sadly, your contribution do not constitute front page news (Sm22)

We have lost a number of regular users. Those who have explained their departure have blamed repetitive trolls. Some may have silently gone because of the club's behaviour, but, by definition, the editors will never know about them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 26/01/2020 17:01 by TonyTaff.

Date: 25 January, 2020 13:17

Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
ukms

Sadly not. These days, Sportnetwork on pay for front page clicks. Sadly, your contribution do not constitute front page news (Sm22)

We have lost a number of regular users. Those who have explained their departure have blamed repetitive trolls. Some may have silently gone because of the club's behaviour, but, by definition, the editors will never know about them.

I’m not sure I fall into the repetitive troll bracket unless you have some very fragile users smiling smiley ....

I’m sure the fragile ones will be back once good order returns winking smiley

Date: 25 January, 2020 13:20

Quote:
ukms
Quote:
TonyTaff
Quote:
ukms

Sadly not. These days, Sportnetwork on pay for front page clicks. Sadly, your contribution do not constitute front page news (Sm22)

I’m not sure I fall into the repetitive troll bracket unless you have some very fragile users smiling smiley ....

I’m sure the fragile ones will be back once good order returns winking smiley

Few of the flouncers named names!

Date: 25 January, 2020 13:44

Quote:
TonyTaff

Few of the flouncers named names!

Bless ! ..... then I whole heartedly apologise to anyone offended or to anyone who’s been offended on behalf of someone else ! smiling smiley

Current Page: 1 of 10
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net