Current Page: 1 of 3
BT Sport coverage
Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 21:51

So, this may have been discussed and I missed it but the Wasps game on Friday was due to be televised. The schedule is now showing the Sale v Leicester game. If they aren't showing any more Saracens games we can save the cost of the BT package every month, so is there anywhere I can get the information?(Sm55)

Re: BT Sport coverage
Posted by: siNBin (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 22:18

Surely you want to watch £#@&(! √ lose occasionally

Posted by: Convex Hull (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 22:33

Quote:
tpr's headmistress
So, this may have been discussed and I missed it but the Wasps game on Friday was due to be televised. The schedule is now showing the Sale v Leicester game. If they aren't showing any more Saracens games we can save the cost of the BT package every month, so is there anywhere I can get the information?(Sm55)

According to the Facebook Saracens supporters group, they have been dropped to the end of the season, TPRH.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Date: 18 February, 2020 22:39

Well that's a subscription they'll lose, although we may have to argue the toss with them on cancellation. Fortunately the man of the house will make the call. It would be useful if they made some sort of announcement too.(Sm31)

Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 22:44

I've seen nothing official, only opposition fans claiming it, and I have tweeted them a few times asking but haven't had an answer.
Andy Goode claimed it on today's RugbyPod so it might be true, in which case I may well cancel my subscription.

Posted by: Stumpy7780 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 23:00

Our games against Bristol, Quins and obviously Leinster are all down to be televised and I would be shocked if they didnít show us vs Exeter as that is a bit of a ďgrudge matchĒ/ saints vs sinners game and would be easy to market

Posted by: paulglynn (IP Logged)
Date: 18 February, 2020 23:06

The leinster game will be shown as it is in the contract to show ALL games live

Date: 19 February, 2020 00:13

Quote:
paulglynn
The leinster game will be shown as it is in the contract to show ALL games live
I know thatís why I said ďobviouslyĒ. Lotís of people saying they have cancelled showing all our games and that is simply not true

Posted by: Convex Hull (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 01:10

If it is just the Leinster game, then there are several viewing alternatives that don't require a BT Sport subscription.

Regardez mon visage. Suis-je bovvered?

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 07:36

You will still be able to see the highlights programme on TV if you retain the BT subscription through to May. Usually that gives 20-25 minutes action - much more than the Channel 5 programme has time for. I am currently thinking of cancelling after May. Obviously it is a decision as to whether the 20-25 minutes is worth it and I'm still not sure.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Posted by: PhillFez (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 08:58

The trouble with BT highlights is the change of schedule on a whim. Late Sunday had a womenís hockey game for most of the scheduled recording and cut out before the end of Sarries game. 🙄
Luckily I could go back to the Saturday version for Sarries but the Sunday game highlights were lost.
We are already being treated like a second division side. Money is tight enough without the loss of broadcasting fees, hence the unannounced bar changes.

Date: 19 February, 2020 09:10

You can watch the full match or highlights on the Premiership Rugby site for free! It's a bit rubbish to be paying £16/month for the highlights.

Posted by: AlanE (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 10:34

Tend to agree - it is just part of the framework for the decision whether or not to give it up, and when.

I was 17 miles from Graybridge before I was caught by the school leopard

Posted by: Steve_M (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 10:37

You could always go to the ground and watch the games live ... just a thought

Date: 19 February, 2020 10:40

Quote:
Steve_M
It really isnít as simple as that is it though. Not everyone has a ST, not everyone has time in their lives to go to every game, away games can be a lot of travel, for some people home games are a lot of travel, watching Saracens isnít cheap!

Posted by: TOKS (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 10:55

I'm tied in to BT until the end of next year and so there's not a lot I can do. There is certainly nothing in their terms and conditions to say you can cancel if they don't show a particular team any more.

Whilst my interest in the Premiership has waned somewhat I'm sure I'll tune in to some of the 2nd XV Championship next season if I haven't got anything better to do.

Posted by: Rupes (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 11:16

The facts are that relegation is done and dusted (ie us) and there is no mileage for BT in showing dead rubbers. Games which matter, ie those affecting the top of the table or ECC qualification, will be shown.

What I don't know is if, in BT's contract with PRL, they are committed to showing each team a minimum amount of times per season - this is the case for Sky and the Premier League. If there is and we have already been shown the pre-requisite amount of times, then you cannot blame BT for this, they are just fulfilling their commercial agreements.

Posted by: MyCupRunnethOver (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 11:30

It's not so much a question of blaming BT sport, more a question of them providing value for money if they are not showing the matches we want to see. Do I cancel my subscription now or at the end of the season.

Posted by: Steve_M (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 11:59

Quote:
Stumpy7780
Quote:
Steve_M
It really isnít as simple as that is it though. Not everyone has a ST, not everyone has time in their lives to go to every game, away games can be a lot of travel, for some people home games are a lot of travel, watching Saracens isnít cheap!

No Stumpy, is isn't that simple but ...

Watching any Prem team isnt cheap. If Sarries are too far away why did start watching them in the first place rather than a team local to where you live ?

There just seemed to be a lot of 'supporters' bemoaning the fact that they wouldnt be able to 'support' their team on BT Sport anymore. May explain the published 5,500 crowd (TRP) for the Sale match, they didnt count those watching on BT.

For anyone who wants to watch every game but cant get to the stadia or subscribe to BT etc try a little time on the darkside; viprow.net has never let me down.

Date: 19 February, 2020 12:00

We do not know who will be showing the Championship next season as the rights are on the market. We could see BT buying the rights to show it and then I am sure we will see our games shown nearly every week as they tell the story of our fight for redemption and promotion back into the premiership

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net