Current Page: 1 of 3
Any sign on ST prices next year?
Posted by: Comfortably Dumb (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 00:05

This is obviously a very difficult choice for the club to make, but some of us also have to make difficult choices, so would be useful to find out sooner rather than later

Re: Any sign on ST prices next year?
Posted by: LutonS (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 07:58

As the season started and therefore finishes later than previously, I'd not expect to hear anything until at least the back end of March. Although this is a total guess on my part.

As for pricing etc. they can't possibly justify any rise in prices can they?

Posted by: daz_71 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 09:34

Quote:
LutonS

Forget price rises I cannot see how they can justify keeping the prices anywhere near the same as they are currently. We, the supporters, have been cheated the most and if the board think I am going to pay £700+ per year for a championship ST they are very much mistaken!

Posted by: RobB (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 09:37

Quote:
daz_71
Quote:
LutonS

Forget price rises I cannot see how they can justify keeping the prices anywhere near the same as they are currently. We, the supporters, have been cheated the most and if the board think I am going to pay £700+ per year for a championship ST they are very much mistaken!

ditto - we were talking at the game on Saturday and general consensus is at least a reduction in the 33% to 50% range. Else it's going to ba a pretty lonley east stand.

Posted by: TonyTaff (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 13:31

Ealing Trailfinders season tickets start at £190.

As the club told us that scarcity justifies price hikes, the additional capacity at Barnet justifies a level lower than that!

£721.05 (*) donated to the Saracens Foundation due to visits to the Sarries frontpage [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Please read and submit articles for publication. (*) As at October 31, 2018.

Posted by: The Substandard Biscuit (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 14:01

I'll pay the same price of £700. I look forward to paying it, and watching Ampthill, Bedford et al.
Would be good though if they threw the 'other' SA-type games in the package.

What I will never do is go to Bath again (the year after next+). That is a total waste of money. £50 is massively over-priced for a rubbish muddy pitch which constrains good rugby being played, a stand without a roof, and an unreliable, usually dour team. I'm not sure how the locals put up with it.

Posted by: GazzaFez (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 14:45

Interesting point...............

In the Premiership we get 16 matches included in the season ticket:
11 home GP games
3 home European pool games
2 PRC pool games.

So how many "standard" games would we get in the Championship?

Posted by: warwick5763 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 15:08

PAYG for me next season. don't think I will have a problem getting a ticket. Have a stroll around Ampthill Rugby club Instagram account. This is whats coming so 700 quid a season ticket will be well wide of the mark. Normally you would think the club can pitch it right but who knows these days. I see above Ealing is starts a 190. I recall at Scottish you can get a life season ticket for about 500.

Date: 19 February, 2020 16:26

Just sent by the club! Season ticket opinion survey......................

As a member of the season ticket holder family, Saracens would like to thank you for your ongoing support for the club throughout what has been a very challenging season, with events off the field overshadowing some excellent performances from all our teams.
I would like to thank all season ticket holders for the patience and loyalty that they have shown to date. We do not take this for granted and you can be sure that the club is fully focused on bouncing back as a stronger club, both on and off the pitch.
As we look ahead to the 2020/21 season it is of vital importance that our season ticket products are shaped by feedback and ideas from our fans. Plans are underway for the upcoming season; this is your chance to have your say and play your part in the process.
We encourage you to let us know your thoughts by taking part in our short survey. This will give you the opportunity to feed back to us on key elements of the season ticket product, as well as provide any general feedback and questions you may have.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to give us your feedback and, as we approach the final few home matches of the season, for your continuing support.

Many thanks for your time and input.

Neil Golding
Saracens Chairman

Posted by: paulglynn (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 16:39

Quote:
GazzaFez
11 home GP games
2 PRC pool games.

11 league games and 3 in the the cup so 14 in total

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 17:35

Quote:
The Substandard Biscuit
What I will never do is go to Bath again (the year after next+). That is a total waste of money. £50 is massively over-priced for a rubbish muddy pitch which constrains good rugby being played, a stand without a roof, and an unreliable, usually dour team. I'm not sure how the locals put up with it.

Thatís a shame - you will be missed. Not sure what you mean by Ďunreliableí - they are your opponents isnít that a good thing? You could always sit in the stand with a roof if you donít like rain.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: Comfortably Dumb (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 17:43

Quote:
GazzaFez
Just sent by the club! Season ticket opinion survey......................
As a member of the season ticket holder family, Saracens would like to thank you for your ongoing support for the club throughout what has been a very challenging season, with events off the field overshadowing some excellent performances from all our teams.
I would like to thank all season ticket holders for the patience and loyalty that they have shown to date. We do not take this for granted and you can be sure that the club is fully focused on bouncing back as a stronger club, both on and off the pitch.
As we look ahead to the 2020/21 season it is of vital importance that our season ticket products are shaped by feedback and ideas from our fans. Plans are underway for the upcoming season; this is your chance to have your say and play your part in the process.
We encourage you to let us know your thoughts by taking part in our short survey. This will give you the opportunity to feed back to us on key elements of the season ticket product, as well as provide any general feedback and questions you may have.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to give us your feedback and, as we approach the final few home matches of the season, for your continuing support.

Many thanks for your time and input.

Neil Golding
Saracens Chairman

Awfully good of him to respond so quickly to this post!

Posted by: Dave Berko (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 18:36

Done survey - will purchase next season

Date: 19 February, 2020 19:13

Quote:
paulglynn
Quote:
GazzaFez
11 home GP games
2 PRC pool games.

11 league games and 3 in the the cup so 14 in total

So that's 12.5% fewer games, at say half-price per game - call it a rounded up 50% of last year's season ticket prices as we have a better stadium than other Championship teams.

Problem is though, it will depend on what other 'bonus' matches that the club has talked about would be included in the season ticket and would punters be willing to pay up front for them without the fixtures being set in stone. I somehow doubt it given current form - they'd probably have to be sold on a match by match basis.

Posted by: CambridgeSarrie. (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 19:15

The club's income will drop but expenditure will be much the same, can they afford to drop prices?

Here we go! Dah. Dah-dah-dee-dah....

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 19:26

Quote:
CambridgeSarrie.
The club's income will drop but expenditure will be much the same, can they afford to drop prices?

I think it's inevitable that attendance will drop, especially if prices remain the same. Can they afford not to drop them? Next year's profit & loss sheet is going to look pretty dire whatever they do.

Posted by: boomer! (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 19:27

(Sm113) Devil's advocate here.

We know Saracens are being attacked from all sides.
Allianz have turned their back on us.
Other revenue stream are likely to go down the can.
The West stand development is being frozen, I would suspect, at least until we get back into the Premiership. (assuming SnowyRowe hasn't contrived to get us ring fenced out).
Retained advertisers will likely be looking for discounted deals for 2020/2021.
Declining gate receipt due to smaller attendances next year
The list goes on.

So, given it is your club that is facing a melt down, would you consider paying 2019/2020 Premiership prices for your 2020/2021 Cahmpionship S/T, knowing that the premium you will pay to watch 2nd tier rugby is at least helping your club get out of the proverbial carp?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Posted by: Adey (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 19:53

No. Iíll be taking my money and spending it at the away grounds. Tickets, drinks, food and probably some merchandise. They need it and deserve it more than the cheating bar stewards at Sarries.

Posted by: ninjafez (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 21:03

I will be renewing my STH, it's like my fun time and I'm black and red so the price I can stomach.... Yes the high management may not deserve much loyalty but a lot more of the support staff need the footfall to keep their jobs, I will spend my savings on the BT sport sub to go to local away grounds smiling smiley

Ninjafez - supporting Sarries and cleaning their signs since 2006!

Posted by: LutonS (IP Logged)
Date: 19 February, 2020 21:28

I've completed the survey as honestly as I could. I start from a position of wanting to renew and of course, support the club. Even though I am still angry at what has gone on.

One thing though, if we all get the same survey link, the value of the questions around value that demand a financial answer is rather diluted. It's all very well saying for example, that i'd regard a renewal price of £300 as value for money but do I pay £300 now or £1,000 odd?

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net