Season Ticket survey
Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2020 18:18

Oh Dear, manifestly a box-ticking exercise, endless multiple choice questions, like asking me to list six or even ten 'match day experience' factors in order of importance. Can I not just be a committed supporter who's invested many years and tears in Sarries? I really cannot analyse the relative importance to me of half the items in every question, but you cannot complete the survey without that dissection.

Why not the old-fashioned idea of focus group meetings? Even easier to organise, on-line, now that everyone's stuck at home most of the time.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Re: Season Ticket survey
Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2020 22:59

A very long survey and quite agree about the tedious questions where you have to rank insignificant things in order. On the other hand questions about the club and the salary only have black or white choices.
But the club are clearly in financial straits and appear to be seeking fans who will pay multiple years season ticket funds up front.

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 15 May, 2020 23:11

Having failed to reward brand loyalty for the last few years I suspect it may be difficult to get more than a very few hard core fans to do that. They need to be whiter than white and show what has changed...and I don't know how they'll do that.

Posted by: Comfortably Dumb (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 00:43

Multiple choice questions were painfully annoying but I did have fun with the occasional free text options.

Posted by: boomer! (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 10:31

Quote:
Roger G
Having failed to reward brand loyalty for the last few years I suspect it may be difficult to get more than a very few hard core fans to do that. They need to be whiter than white and show what has changed...and I don't know how they'll do that.
I thought Saracens rugby team winning the Premiership 5 times and Euro Champions Cup 3 times was reward (we got) for brand loyalty. Clearly I have misunderstood the point of supporting a team and going to rugby matches.

Doh!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Posted by: Dave Berko (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 11:31

Was this an email? If so not had it!!!!!!

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 13:50

Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Roger G
I thought Saracens rugby team winning the Premiership 5 times and Euro Champions Cup 3 times was reward (we got) for brand loyalty. Clearly I have misunderstood the point of supporting a team and going to rugby matches.

Doh!

Loyalty is a two way thing and it can hardly be argued that Sarries have looked after their core support too well over the last few years. They say it's about making memories, not winning, so no all those trophies aren't the reward I look for. I enjoyed watching Sarries, and felt much more a part of the club, when the outcome of the season was much less certain, and we could only dream of trophies. Back in those days there were modest discounts for regular season ticket renewals, and the occasional small gift (e.g. a scarf or a cap).

And regarding the memories I'm left with, right now my ones of recent years are having my seat price hiked more than once, to the point that I don't know if I can afford even the much less central view I now have, while it now transpires that some of that extra cash was being used in a rather cavalier way, thus raising doubts about the legitimacy of all the trophies that you so enjoyed winning.

Posted by: Steve Robo (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 16:45

Just tried to do the survey and its closed

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 16 May, 2020 20:31

Quote:
Steve Robo
obviously not for you then! It's a tough world right now, for everyone. Can't blame them for trying but I'd imagine a Sarries ticket is very low in most people's lists right now!

Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 13:10

Why choose to take part in an optional survey and then moan about the content....

Posted by: Innings (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 17:17

Well
Quote:
BartyII
Why choose to take part in an optional survey and then moan about the content....
It might be because some people might want to contribute to a well-considered and prepared survey, but be less pleased when it's clearly not actually worth the effort.

Innings

Points win matches: tries win hearts and minds.

Posted by: nicsue (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2020 22:30

Quote:
Steve Robo

No it's not. I saw your comment and dashed back to my email to have a go. It's still open, it took me 35 minutes to complete, it asks some rubbish questions, and I am just so excited that as a thank you for completing it I am to be sent the results.
If you didn't get the email it says to contact Supporter Services - no idea if there is anyone there as I know one person was made redundant and one was furloughed.

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2020 07:43

I started it, the internet went down, life moved on, I didn't go back.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Date: 18 May, 2020 08:08

Quote:
Innings
Well
Quote:
BartyII
It might be because some people might want to contribute to a well-considered and prepared survey, but be less pleased when it's clearly not actually worth the effort.

Just like the answers to any survey, that's a matter of opinion. I personally found it pretty thorough and well put together. Clearly, they are listing out as much as possible, every option they feel is available at the time and getting the fans opinion on which is the priority. Fail to see how that isn't worth the effort, but like I said, its all opinion. as for ranking items from 1-10, I see why people can find that tiresome but the simple fact is they will only be looking at what items are consistently at the extreme ends of thinking - people's main priorities, and what the club doesn't need to focus their resources on. The stuff in the middle will just happen if it can. If they show us the results in a few weeks, and we can clearly see what the majority of respondents priorities are, then hopefully we see that's exactly what they do, and shows they are listening.

I may of course be missing something, so interested to know what you would consider a better considered/prepared survey that's worth your effort.

Posted by: Jim 55 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2020 17:42

I was reminded of that well known periodical Pravda. Written to get the answers they want, I started it and gave up, very disappointing.

Date: 19 May, 2020 09:10

Quote:
Jim 55
I was reminded of that well known periodical Pravda. Written to get the answers they want, I started it and gave up, very disappointing.

Alternative scenario - they run an open survey, suggestions are made that are entirely valid but simply not feasible. The club are then seen to be ignoring the fans, said survey was a waste of time and the cycle continues. I think its perfectly reasonable for them to basically be saying "here's some possibilities we think we can handle in the current climate, which of them would be your preference and what don't you care about?"

Posted by: jonnybrowne (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2020 11:08

The survey was pretty long but no problem with that - I’ve filled in plenty of “employee feedback” surveys that have taken as much if not more time.

Clearly the club needs to get bums on seats for next season and try to make it worthwhile for everyone without having to speculate too much to accumulate, as it were, and I won’t criticise them for that.

Posted by: Duncan96 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2020 13:00

Quote:
Roger G
Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
Roger G

Doh!

Loyalty is a two way thing and it can hardly be argued that Sarries have looked after their core support too well over the last few years. They say it's about making memories, not winning, so no all those trophies aren't the reward I look for. I enjoyed watching Sarries, and felt much more a part of the club, when the outcome of the season was much less certain, and we could only dream of trophies. Back in those days there were modest discounts for regular season ticket renewals, and the occasional small gift (e.g. a scarf or a cap).

And regarding the memories I'm left with, right now my ones of recent years are having my seat price hiked more than once, to the point that I don't know if I can afford even the much less central view I now have, while it now transpires that some of that extra cash was being used in a rather cavalier way, thus raising doubts about the legitimacy of all the trophies that you so enjoyed winning.

Looks like it's getting hard for them in a kind of damned if they do damned if they don't way. The survey asks what kind of gifts people would value which sounds like a good idea to me (to ask that is) and asks for opinions about discounts (again, a good idea to ask). I.e. asking for opinions on the things you want to see.

It also acknowlwdges that the manner of the previous price hikes was badly done (to put it mildly). Can they say more than "We got it wrong"?. After all, the problem is that, for all the time you have been going to Saracens Nigel Wray has been subsidising your seat to the tune of upto £500 per year. At some point that has to stop doesn't it which is the problem? As a long time supporter you have had more of a subsidy than the rest of us. Surely they deserve some credit for that.

And as for salaries causing the price hikes, of course, that's the reason. But the naughty stuff was, I believe, largely contained in the "Co investments". Post corona and a house price slump that may well cost NW money. At the time I think they were expected to make money as they were loans against houses and not cash outgoings. All Prem clubs bar Exeter (who I've read off load costs to a more tax effective business) lose money so it's not just Saracens.

Fair to say, then, I understand ticket price rises hurt when you can't afford them. I think you are going to carry on being hurt and angry about them but I don't see a solution. The "good old days" are going to look better and better for you I'm afraid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net