Current Page: 1 of 2
PLAYERS FACTS (not rumours)
Posted by: boomer! (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 10:52

The "players rumours" thread is 142 posts on 3 pages with 34,662 views.

It is way too long and IMHO a line needs to be drawn under it.

Watching the EPCR Champions Final(s) on BT yesterday it saddened me to see so many players that won't be MiB next season (whenever that starts).

Is there a definitive PLAYERS FACTS (not rumours) list of who is leaving anywhere?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Re: PLAYERS FACTS (not rumours)
Posted by: Sarriebone (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 12:02

Yes, the pinned Men's Squad thread at the top of the page.

Date: 25 May, 2020 12:27

Quote:
boomer!

Watching the EPCR Champions Final(s) on BT yesterday it saddened me to see so many players that won't be MiB next season (whenever that starts).

Is there a definitive PLAYERS FACTS (not rumours) list of who is leaving anywhere?

69 Posts over 2 pages...

Just looks like another 'Players Rumour' thread, just marginally shorter.

What I am talking about is a list, just a list, of
1) those that have confirmed they are staying,
2) those that have confirmed are leaving
3)those that as far as the general public are aware are 'don't knows'

Preferably this list doesn't include pointless chit chat about their mate Dave who told them about a rumour he'd heard.

And as and when the don't know make up their mind about their future this same list is just edited. Rather than messages added to it thus turning it into another volumous(?) thread.

The reason I posted this message in the first place was after watching the 2019 EPCR highlights it struck me that 5 or or 7 of our starting back were leaving but then I thought, hang on is that 5 or 4 or 6?

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Date: 25 May, 2020 12:41

Quote:
boomer!
Quote:
boomer!

69 Posts over 2 pages...

Just looks like another 'Players Rumour' thread, just marginally shorter.

What I am talking about is a list, just a list, of
1) those that have confirmed they are staying,
2) those that have confirmed are leaving
3)those that as far as the general public are aware are 'don't knows'

Preferably this list doesn't include pointless chit chat about their mate Dave who told them about a rumour he'd heard.

And as and when the don't know make up their mind about their future this same list is just edited. Rather than messages added to it thus turning it into another volumous(?) thread.

The reason I posted this message in the first place was after watching the 2019 EPCR highlights it struck me that 5 or or 7 of our starting back were leaving but then I thought, hang on is that 5 or 4 or 6?
The first post of that thread has a regularly updated list of who's staying and who's leaving.

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 13:31

The first post of that thread has a regularly updated list of who's staying and who's leaving.

To be fair it has become a little haphazard and deviated from the original lists, as these things do.(Sm100)

Date: 25 May, 2020 13:33

Quote:
tpr's headmistress
To be fair it has become a little haphazard and deviated from the original lists, as these things do.(Sm100)

True, I haven't checked for a while and it seems rumours have been included as well, but I think all the major info is there

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2020 13:34 by Sarriebone.

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 13:58

Speaking of which ... has Spencer going to Bath permanently actually been confirmed? can't find it if it has.

Date: 25 May, 2020 14:00

Quote:
OldMarovian
Speaking of which ... has Spencer going to Bath permanently actually been confirmed? can't find it if it has.
Haven't seen anything official, no

Posted by: McSaracens (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 15:29

Good idea Boomer, why dont you type one up yourself which can then be pinned on this page.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2020 15:32 by McSaracens.

Posted by: Dave Berko (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 15:32

Joel Kpuko staying

Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2020 15:54

Quote:
Sarriebone
Quote:
tpr's headmistress

True, I haven't checked for a while and it seems rumours have been included as well, but I think all the major info is there

Quite a few people asked for the rumour mill as well so I have tried to keep a list of 1 sentence for each player who's being rumoured with a move away. Although its a big post, at least the first post has all the info in one place

(Just about to update it with Kpoku's new contract)

Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 07:40

Like McSaracens said, do it yourself if you don't like the fruits of Bartys not inconsiderable effort!

Date: 27 May, 2020 09:01

I know this is a bit cheeky, but could the merge fairy lift that particular post out of the rest and start a new thread with the Barty table, which can then be updated. Any other 'stuff' can be added to the current mish mash.(Sm26)

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 09:58

Quote:
tpr's headmistress
I know this is a bit cheeky, but could the merge fairy lift that particular post out of the rest and start a new thread with the Barty table, which can then be updated. Any other 'stuff' can be added to the current mish mash.(Sm26)

Isn't that exactly what Barty intended with the current Men's Squad thread? With it being a sticky already, the regular updating of the first page, and the clear separation between confirmed fact and rumour in that first post, I don't see any room for confusion or any need for the merge-fairy to do unnecessary work. Also no need to read the rest of the thread if you don't want to.

I say well done Barty!! Anybody who thinks they can do better should give it a go.

Date: 27 May, 2020 10:12

On the basis of some of the feedback, I have turned the post upside down and put the facts of the squad first and the rumour mill afterwards (which does make more sense really), and hopefully drawn attention to it being the first post on the thread in the title.

Date: 27 May, 2020 10:51

I am suitably rebuked, Roger! Silly me.(Sm16)

Date: 27 May, 2020 10:54

Scrum Half Aled Davies signs

The first 'IN' fact!

Posted by: Jim 55 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 11:27

A decent signing, got to be happy with him.

Posted by: Roger G (IP Logged)
Date: 27 May, 2020 13:23

Quote:
tpr's headmistress
I am suitably rebuked, Roger! Silly me.(Sm16)

Sorry, poorly worded. Didn't mean it as a rebuke.....not for you at least. (Sm108)

Date: 27 May, 2020 14:14

Quote:
myleftboot
Like McSaracens said, do it yourself if you don't like the fruits of Bartys not inconsiderable effort!

YAWN!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net