"Mark McCall names his 46 to face Leinster and Richmond"
Posted by: Barty II (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 10:45

Ok, tongue in cheek because the prospect of this actually happening seems laughable but given rugby leadership's track record lately who knows. But with a couple of expected departures, and taking artistic licence on those we've supposedly signed, gives us some idea of where we might need to look for additional signings. Assuming our first choice 15 would play Leinster and a second choice 15 against Richmond, with the rest filling both benches...

Assumed Calum Clark and Mike Rhodes sign a short term deal along with Richard Wigglesworth, and Alex Goode only leaves for Japan after the 19/20 season finishes
Assumed as leaving: Juan Figallo, Viliami Hakalo, and Goerge Kruis does not sign to continue to the end of 2019/20

To hypothetically face Leinster:
1. Mako Vunipola
2. Jamie George
3. Vincent Koch
4. Maro Itoje
5. Joel Kpoku
6. Calum Clark
7. Jackson Wray
8. Billy Vunipola
9. Richard Wigglesworth
10. Owen Farrell
11. Sean Maitland
12. Brad Barritt
13. Duncan Taylor
14. Elliot Daly
15. Alex Goode
16. Kapeli Pifeleti
17. Ralph Adams-Hale
18. Josh Ibuanokpe
19. Jonathan Kpoku
20. Mike Rhodes
21. Tom Whiteley
22. Charlie Watson
23. Alex Lewington

To hypothetically face Richmond:
1. Richard Barrington
2. Tom Woolstencroft
3. Alec Clarey
4. Tim Swinson
5. Callum Hunter-Hill
6. Sean Reffell
7. Andy Christie
8. Janco Venter
9. Aled Davies
10. Will Hooley
11. Alistair Crossdale
12. Harry Sloan
13. Dominic Morris
14. Rotimi Segun
15. Manu Vunipola
16. Theo Dan
17. Sam Crean
18. Sam Wainwright
19. Cameron Boon
20. Ollie Stonham
21. Alex Day
22. Josh Hallett
23. Elliot Obatoyinbo

Other squad players: Harvey Beaton (Prop), Mink Scharink (Prop), Ethan Benson (Flanker), Tobias Munday (Flanker), Sam Bryan (Scrum Half), Brandon Jackson (Centre)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2020 12:25 by Barty II.

Re: "Mark McCall names his 46 to face Leinster and Richmond"
Posted by: myleftboot (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 14:06

Why Richmond, Barty? Haven't we got to finish off the pointless Prem season first, or are you as excited by that as I?!!

Date: 28 June, 2020 14:25

Picked a random team, no favouritism here.

There's been various articles suggesting for us the end of the 2019/20 Premiership season and the start of the 2020/21 Championship season may have to cross over slightly

Posted by: McSaracens (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 14:48

Poor Aled Davies and Manu Vunipola. A Wales international and our rising star relegated to the second team in place of Whiteley and Watson.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Date: 28 June, 2020 15:38

No worries Barty, just curious. Overlapping two seasons? Making the rules up to kick us in the nuts again then

Date: 28 June, 2020 15:49

Quote:
McSaracens
Poor Aled Davies and Manu Vunipola. A Wales international and our rising star relegated to the second team in place of Whiteley and Watson.

Read carefully above. Have made the assumption that our second choice 15 plays the championship game, and the bench for "Leinster" is made up of the thirds...

Posted by: Sorry Sarrie (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 17:31

I was wondering this morning as I read that the QFs were scheduled for 18 - 20th September what sort of team we might put out although I didn't go to the lengths you have Barty so thanks for saving me a headache!
I'm surprised at the strength tbh but we'll know sooner or later. Of course there could be a second wave of you know what and we'll all be back indoors again (Sm40)

My wife and I are on the verge of splitting up because of my obsession with rugby.
I've decided to give it one last try......

Date: 28 June, 2020 18:31

Quote:
Sorry Sarrie
I was wondering this morning as I read that the QFs were scheduled for 18 - 20th September what sort of team we might put out although I didn't go to the lengths you have Barty so thanks for saving me a headache!
I'm surprised at the strength tbh but we'll know sooner or later. Of course there could be a second wave of you know what and we'll all be back indoors again (Sm40)

Yeah lucky for you I'm a little bit of a sad case, and I have very little to do in the current climate!

Posted by: AP (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 19:47

I think your teams show that we can still put out a decent starting XV but the bench may be lacking in comparison to the past. Though your premise is that the best bench won't be available.

Successful hills are here to stay
Everything must be this way
Gentle streets where people play
Welcome to the Soft Parade

Posted by: McSaracens (IP Logged)
Date: 28 June, 2020 20:17

Re wing/fullback I am very confident that Alex Lewington is staying whilst Leroy Van Dam was rumoured from a Championship club.

I believe it might have been said before, but there is something special happening at Saracens, and I want to be part of it. - Nils Mordt

Date: 29 June, 2020 07:53

Van Dam's already signed for Aurrilac. Hope you're right re Lewington! He was strongly rumoured with Leicester but that was before all the contract shenanigans...

Posted by: Gryff (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 09:34

I was thinking about what my priorities would be and that is getting back to whatever is left of the Premiership in 2021/22 so I'd swap the teams around. I know it won't happen and the boys will want to give it a go against Leinster

Posted by: Dolph42 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 10:18

From what I've read about the Championship they don't wish to start until crowds are allowed into matches, which points to a 2021 start. I can't see them starting while the ERCC is ongoing, as due to RFU cuts to an already low income they rely heavily on spectators for income.

Also Kruis has indicated he'd sign until the end of this season.

Posted by: OldMarovian (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 18:16

I've seen that "new" players for this season will be allowed to be added to the ERCC squad. I'd guess we need players to step up for Spencer, Lozo, Skelton, Titi, Figallo? any others??

Date: 29 June, 2020 20:16

Would make sense , Dolph. A number of the teams there need the ticket income to pay their way

Posted by: nedrichards (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 21:06

Might make it interesting to sync the season after back up though since you'd need the minimum rest period and you wouldn't be able to start the premiership season until a club has been promoted...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net