Current Page: 259 of 274
Re: OT/ Brexit
Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:44

Surely Dyson or someone believes in this enough to bung £500k in?

I've a feeling they'll find someone, but I'm glad I'm not paying directly for it.

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:52

76% of telegraph readers think it should bong!

I remember when the Telegraph was a serious paper

Posted by: jayeatman (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:08

Look, if the Brexiters want their bong and are prepared to pay £500,000 for it, it's not going to upset me.
Just one more illustration of how Brexit was never about sense or prosperity.

BATH supporter since 1975

Adopted players:
2015/6 Tom Homer
2016/7 Matt Banahan
2017/8 Jeff Williams
2018/9 Victor Delmas
2019/20 Semesa Rokoduguni

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:25

What is not made clear, in the Torygraph article, is that the House of Commons Financial Affairs Committee have said that the cost cannot be justified, as it includes rebuilding a floor that has been removed for the refurbishment, and the donations are outside financial guidelines.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:36

I hoped Brexit as a topic of discussion had gone away, sadly this proves it just won’t go away.

Date: 17 January, 2020 18:39

The only way I can set it going away is of its a total success. Best of luck with that.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 19:17

Quote:
Mike the Taxi
What is not made clear, in the Torygraph article, is that the House of Commons Financial Affairs Committee have said that the cost cannot be justified, as it includes rebuilding a floor that has been removed for the refurbishment, and the donations are outside financial guidelines.

[inews.co.uk] - BBBB Crowdfunding

Posted by: The Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 20:29

Quote:
DanWiley
The only way I can set it going away is of its a total success. Best of luck with that.

That assumes their is any objective measure of success. There isn't, so it won't go away.

But I do hope the 'look how stupid a majority of the population are' arguments go away.

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 05:28

Happy that the Commitee has ruled it is an inappropriate spend....now , what else can they detemine is inappropriate...their expense package, for example.

If crowdfunding want to go ahead, not got a problem with that.

Date: 30 January, 2020 17:10

received this, £5 to wipe my ar$e on is a little pricey

You Got Brexit Done. Now here’s your chance to own it.

Win a copy of Brexit signed by the Prime Minister.

Enter to Win
www.conservatives.com/own-brexit

This is your once in a lifetime chance to own The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020, one of the most historic documents in British history, signed by the Prime Minister who got Brexit done.

Entries to the competition are £5 each. So James, do you want to give yourself the best chance to own Brexit?

1 entry – £5
2 entries – £10
5 entries – £25
10 entries – £50
20 entries – £100
50 entries – £250
The European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 is the law that got Brexit done and will allow us to unleash Britain’s potential.

Why not enter? This is your only chance to own Brexit!

Every entry you make will also mean we can fight to deliver the change that people voted for in December. With more campaign organisers, better digital tools and a stronger presence in our new constituencies.

So James, do you want to be the person who can say they own Brexit:

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 18:57

So a Party can 'sell' Government documents - bit strange.

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 30 January, 2020 23:14

They are probably leaflets left over from the 'Leave' campaign - nothing to get excited about.

Think the best thing for us all is to keep our heads down over the next couple of years as it all starts to go pearshaped for those without megamillion financial investments on currency fluctuations.

So many issues not being addressed or steps taken as they steam down the track towards us all.
e.g Northern Ireland borders, shortage of lower paid farming/horticultural workers, those willing to work long hours in poor conditions making sandwiches etc, . shortage of certain medicines (already pharmacies are struggling to get supplies of some medicines from European producers) - so don't say you havn't been warned.
Just a little gem= did you know that all our toilet paper is made in Europe?

Do hope that Nigel F has got himself a nice cosy bolthole somewhere in the US and joins Trump's campaign machine Fat chance!

Posted by: The Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 07:42

Quote:
annie blackthorn
...shortage of lower paid farming/horticultural workers, those willing to work long hours in poor conditions making sandwiches etc,

Wow, that's a misanthropic take of what your fellow citizens should do for you and a rather apathetic (imperialist?) view of the contributions our EU residents should make.

Yes, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that people didn't vote for this...

Adopted Player:
[18] - Taulupe Faletau

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 08:00

I get my monogrammed bog roll from Nova, made in Lancashire. It’s hung under a sign saying ‘Get Wiping Done’

[novatissue.co.uk]

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 09:48

Annie you are completely wrong on toilet paper!!!

There is a company called Accrol plc based in Blackburn who manufacture a hell of a lot of toilet tissue!

If you were a manufacturer of toilet roll in France, Germany, Spain, Italy could you please explain to me why you would not wish to continue maintaining supply to your existing UK customers?

Periodically, as I am sure you know with your medical background, over the past say 25 years there have been shortages of certain drugs..........it is a fact of life.

If the drugs are available can you tell me why the European drug suppliers would not supply the UK given they make very, very high gross margins on supply?

I understand that OUR NHS are in fact quite robust in buying drugs and drive a hard bargain so I could sort of understand that a drug company who wanted to maximise profits might supply a drug in short supply to the organisations who paid the most.

Date: 31 January, 2020 10:12

I suspect Accrol and Nova are going to be disproportionately hurt by the barriers that the government are now saying ARE going to be there in accessing the 500 million EU market than an equivalent EU company who will still have access to the 500 million.

Given the strength of their market, the EU company will survive and overcome the barriers to reach us. Accrol/Nova on the other hand will struggle in the larger market and may well not make enough from the domestic market to maintain a viable business. Both currently rely on EU market access.

Just one industry, this will be repeated across the country.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 10:57

Importing toilet rolls is stupid, bulky product, its not environmentally sensible either. Green issues will increasingly begin to affect international trade. Recycle!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Date: 31 January, 2020 11:10

Maybe, but rightly or wrongly EU wide distribution IS a big part of those companies and, the real point is, this is just a small example.

"Green issues will increasingly begin to affect international trade."

I suspect that more environmentally sensitive transport will be the solution we opt for rather than local production.

Date: 31 January, 2020 11:26

Quote:
shipwrecked
Importing toilet rolls is stupid, bulky product, its not environmentally sensible either. Green issues will increasingly begin to affect international trade. Recycle!

Although I agree with the sentiment, I think recycling toilet paper is a step too far..

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 31 January, 2020 11:34

Quote:
shipwrecked

Yep recycle use the Guardian! winking smiley

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Current Page: 259 of 274
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net