Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: SPACE: RUGBY’s FINAL FRONTIER
Posted by: Omba (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2019 14:49

Offside. Offside. Offside. Cricket is looking at all front foot no balls to be policed by the 3rd umpire. So as above if refs and touchies (I know I know) are unable or unwilling to manage it have the TMO simply tell them based on his/her overall view of proceedings.

I also wonder about 14 a side. Just lose a back row, which one up to the team on the day.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2019 15:58

Seriously guys what on earth will taking away a player or even two players do? Its the laws that either need to be adhered to or changed.
Take a man out of the scrum now then one more in 5 years time, in 20 years time there will be no scrum left!
The dropped players will become subs and at half time the whole team will be substituted.

Union is 15 a side. (Sm95)

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 24 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2019 16:12

Well said Shipwrecked.

I note that most people advocating reduction in numbers would get rid of back row players. These are the players spearheading (and frequently effecting) the contest for the ball (outside the set piece) - which is the key differentiator between Union and League.

Without that, you might as well just "takes turns" - as they do in League and American football.

PG

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2019 16:30 by P G Tips.

Posted by: Mr Frivolous (IP Logged)
Date: 08 August, 2019 22:06

How about turning the pitch round 90 degrees? All that width...

Date: 08 August, 2019 22:48

Quote:
Mr Frivolous
How about turning the pitch round 90 degrees? All that width...

Risk of diving into the Avon whilst scoring, big Joe would make a hell of a splash!

Beno Obano Age 24 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 08:56

Was kind of hoping the discussion would be about the wisdom or otherwise of discouraging refs from 'coaching' and whether that might have any benefit in terms of making players adhere to existing laws! Classic COML.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 09:02

Speaking of finding space, this little guy could always find it and this ability seems to have transferred pretty well across the pond.

[www.buffalobills.com]

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Date: 09 August, 2019 09:34

Quote:
BathMatt53
Speaking of finding space, this little guy could always find it and this ability seems to have transferred pretty well across the pond.
[www.buffalobills.com]

Yes, spotted that Matt, he made it look so easy as well!

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 11:45

Quote:
Optimist
Was kind of hoping the discussion would be about the wisdom or otherwise of discouraging refs from 'coaching' and whether that might have any benefit in terms of making players adhere to existing laws! Classic COML.

I suspect it would Opti.
But it might require continuing "dialogue" between ref & player.

"Ah, what's that for ref?"
"You're a professional player. Respect the laws."

"What the....?"
"Better still- learn them!"

PG

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 09 August, 2019 18:13

Or we get to the point where a bemused Haskell playing for England v Italy asks Roman Poite (sp?) what do they do to cope with Italy's unconventional approach and he tells him he is not his coach.

Personally I would insist that every ball went into the scrum straight......or it is a penalty, any shirt pulling or obstruction is a yellow card, any offsides immediate penalty and same player three times immediate yellow card.

I would do something (I don't know what) to stop the dreadful caterpillar at the back of a ruck to protect the scrumhalf.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net