Current Page: 8 of 19
Re: Rugby World Cup 2019
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 October, 2019 20:58

BBC saying that Nowell has a hammy strain? That young man doesnít get a lot of luck with injuries...

Namibia v Canada off. Scotland v Japan to go ahead.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 04:10 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 07:45

Game on! Correct decision.

Letís settle this on the pitch.

J

Date: 13 October, 2019 08:09

At least 19 dead and a load missing - terrible news.

In relation to rugby (which is clearly unimportant) I do hope that Japan win - it would be great for the tournament.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 08:12 by BathMatt53.

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 08:48

Ref Angus Gardiner has an inherent bias against smaller nations, discuss!

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 08:55

At least the officials have spotted forward passes in this Wales game, for both sides, something that refs have been slack on.

Very sad news regarding the typhoon. Whatever the arguments about what a contingency should be it shows how serious the situation is and putting safety first was the correct decision.

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 09:02

As I pointed out earlier - no one has any idea about the power of these monstors (wind, rain,tornadoes) unless you have been close (or in one). It's very easy for Austin to pontificate and call decisions absurd from the safe environs of The Wreck and Sandy Park. Pity he couldn't be whisked off to Tokyo last night and stood outside. whilst the 100mph+ winds were blowing and half a metre of rain falling.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 09:10

Quote:
BathMatt53
In relation to rugby (which is clearly unimportant) I do hope that Japan win - it would be great for the tournament.

+1

The SRU don't come out of this with much credit by ignoring the effects of the typhoon and their threats of legal action, lets hope their moaning hasn't bullied the organisers into compromising safety.

Come on Japan!

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:14

Sat out a tropical storm which was re classified as a hurricane as it passed us about 20 years ago, wouldn't want to do it again. The hotel staff apologised for us being flooded out of our rooms whilst not mentioning that their houses had no roofs left, a humbling experience.

The scary thing for me was the sea level rising with the storm surge and the feeling that if it went wrong for us there was not much anyone could do.

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:25

Are 'seat belt tgackles' legal this season, because they seem to be at this RWC?

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:35

My earlier point re AG just proven - misses neck tackle on Uruguay, that results in turnover, missed earlier seat belt tackle on Uruguay but spots and penalises seatbelt tackle on Halfpenny......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 09:36 by Dorset Boy.

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:52

Quote:
OutsideBath
Quote:
BathMatt53

+1

The SRU don't come out of this with much credit by ignoring the effects of the typhoon and their threats of legal action, lets hope their moaning hasn't bullied the organisers into compromising safety.

Come on Japan!

Hypothetically could I ask what the SRU should have done? And if in that situation (needing a win in the last game) would the RFU have done any different?

This Scotland are the bad guys narrative is ridiculous. As is the ďyou signed up to the rulesĒ responses. Genuine questions being asked about contingency planning for the sports flagship tournament.

That should be encouraged. The real shame is Italy didnít get a chance to qualify for the knockouts.

Iím glad this will be decided on the pitch. But I reiterate World Rugby really need to have a look at some of their planning assumptions.

J

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:56

OMG, how is that Welsh try given when Gardiner runs a perfect blocking line?!!!!!!

Welsh handling has been dreadful all night, and Uruguay have been real terriers, but the gulf between lifelong full time pro and amateur is too great.

Date: 13 October, 2019 09:59

Hallam Amos with a hat trick of disallowed tries!

Date: 13 October, 2019 10:00

How is the Ďyou signed up to the rulesí ridiculous? They signed up to the rules and then had a whine / spat their dummy when they didnít work in their favour. I think that the argument that someone presented rules and they had no choice but to sign them is ridiculous tbh. Italy were hugely disappointed but took the news in a very mature and dignified way.

Up the blossoms!

Date: 13 October, 2019 10:06

My opinion is that one or 2 of the Scottish management have misjudged the bigger picture and said some unfortunate things which do not sit well with the death and destruction a typhoon can cause and has caused in this case.

Reorganising matches against that background is not always possible.

Well played Uruguay, have enjoyed watching you.

Date: 13 October, 2019 10:16

Quote:
BathMatt53
How is the Ďyou signed up to the rulesí ridiculous? They signed up to the rules and then had a whine / spat their dummy when they didnít work in their favour. I think that the argument that someone presented rules and they had no choice but to sign them is ridiculous tbh. Italy were hugely disappointed but took the news in a very mature and dignified way.
Up the blossoms!

Because they are a fait accompli.

You sign them or you donít play in the World Cup. Even if they are massively flawed (ie donít really have contingency plans).

Iíll ask again, in peoples opinions, would the RUF have done anything different in the same situation as Scotland?

J

Date: 13 October, 2019 10:21

Quote:
Dorset Boy
Hallam Amos with a hat trick of disallowed tries!

He didn't need to dive like that for the last one, not surprised he dropped the ball. He was going for the glory photo.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 13 October, 2019 10:23

Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Iíll ask again, in peoples opinions, would the RFU have done anything different in the same situation as Scotland?
J

I would like to think they would have behaved with some class and accepted the rules and not moaned about the unfairness at every opportunity.

Here's hoping Japan do us all a favour and win.

Date: 13 October, 2019 10:24

Quote:
ChippenhamRoman
Quote:
BathMatt53
Up the blossoms!

Because they are a fait accompli.

You sign them or you donít play in the World Cup. Even if they are massively flawed (ie donít really have contingency plans).

Iíll ask again, in peoples opinions, would the RUF have done anything different in the same situation as Scotland?

J

I think Sergio Parisse summed it up perfectly. Had NZ needed 3 or more points to qualify the match would have been rearranged. They had 10 years to make contingency plans. Those plans MAY not have been able to be implemented due to the severity of the storm, but to not even have a plan is very poor and impacts the integrity of the tournament.

Date: 13 October, 2019 10:45

Good luck Japan, the first time I will be supporting a team in cherry and white I think (from someone 25% Scottish).

Current Page: 8 of 19
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net