Current Page: 1 of 32
Celery cap ruling report out
Posted by: GrumpyDave (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 08:15

Pinched from the tiggers board, deferred to avoid disrupting the World Cup bid...
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

The delay implies there may be trouble ahead, (but while there's moonlight and music and love and romance...)

Not much love and romance whichever way this goes, I suspect. Either way the excrement will enter the air conditioning system...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 11:08 by CoochieCoo.

Re: Celery cap ruling deferred
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 08:23

If that is an intended headline, "Celery cap ruling deferred" brilliant, if its not its still brilliant! (Sm22)

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 08:39

The PRL decide they don't want to disrupt the players whilst at the RWC so the Mail decide to do it anyway to sell some papers whilst there is extra interest in RU.

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 09:24

Probably a good thing to defer, but what at a shame it couldnít have been sorted out last season and be consigned to history by now. Whatever the outcome of Saturday mornings final this ruling will cause negative headline for the sport when it could be inspiring the next generation of players.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 09:34

I think 'celery' cap comes from the same ERE lexicon as 'blooky' and 'porps'?

Date: 28 October, 2019 09:47

Quote:
Optimist
I think 'celery' cap comes from the same ERE lexicon as 'blooky' and 'porps'?

Yes, I'm not surprised it has history Opti, its just first thing this morning it made me laugh.

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: Woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 10:01

A relative of mine who works in sports PR told me its Sarries on Saturday...

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 10:25

Must admit whilst watching their game on TV yesterday I was amazed at the number on international players they have in Japan and then another long list of injured. I thought then how on earth can they afford that lot and still find a team to beat the Tiggers.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 11:37

My real fear is a Lance Armstrong moment for the sport. All that success built upon creative thinking to circumvent the rules...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 11:53

Quote:
Clarkey3k
My real fear is a Lance Armstrong moment for the sport. All that success built upon creative thinking to circumvent the rules...

My real hope is a Lance Armstrong moment for Premiership Rugby so that it can become a respected competition again.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 12:44

The Mail article is dated 22 October, so if it was not intended to effect the RWC players, they're certainly going the wrong way about it!

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 12:55

I'd have thought that World Rugby would be against any big announcements (especially negative ones) during the RWC, so as not to detract from their flagship event - let alone the RFU not wanting to disturb England's preparation.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 13:12

Quote:
Clarkey3k

I was speculating only the other day on Sarries players' extraordinary ability to avoid/recover from/overcome injury!

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 13:33

Quote:
Mike the Taxi
The Mail article is dated 22 October, so if it was not intended to effect the RWC players, they're certainly going the wrong way about it!

It also featued in The Rugby Paper on Sunday...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 19:16

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
Clarkey3k

I was speculating only the other day on Sarries players' extraordinary ability to avoid/recover from/overcome injury!

Considering the chance of facing a test is lower than once per annum for a pro player in England, it's pretty certain there's all sorts of pre & post medication being regularly used in the game.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 19:36

Clubs should definitely be given more of a benefit from having players away IMO. Sanderson says that Sarries RWC players will only have 7 of the regular season games?

[mobile.twitter.com]

(I think that this is based on them doing well in Europe and reaching play offs etc.)

Itís getting like the Irish set-up with the Leinster Internationals barely playing in the league.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 19:40

who else has so many internationals in their squad.?

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 19:53

I recall the property investment story that came out but if that was all declared and known about then isn't it just a case of announcing realigned rules and the players involved having their contracts adjusted? They might be worse off but provided nothing was hidden not a major issue.

As regards internationals, someone has to have the most.

Devils advocate and all that.

Date: 28 October, 2019 19:55

Err... RoryMc, Watson, Joseph, Joe C, Underhill, Faletau, Ewels!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/10/2019 20:48 by shipwrecked.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2019 06:48

Quote:
shipwrecked
Err... RoryMc, Watson, Joseph, Joe C, Underhill, Faletau, Ewels!

(And Flouw). Quite possible that Stooke, Dunn, Ellis, Obano etc will be away for 6N elite squad camps too this year?

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Current Page: 1 of 32
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net