Current Page: 1 of 2
OT Saudi Arabia
Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 17:04

Anyone else getting a really fecking annoying ad for travel to Saudi Arabia on this site? Had there been any possibility of my visiting that country, it is not gonna happen now!

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Re: OT Saudi Arabia
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 17:12

Quote:
joethefanatic
Anyone else getting a really fecking annoying ad for travel to Saudi Arabia on this site? Had there been any possibility of my visiting that country, it is not gonna happen now!

No Joe, my default is the Army currently, it depends on what your browsing history is though so be careful what you disclose!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 19:07

That's the thing. I never have had, I do not currently have and (because of the fecking pop-up) will never have any curiosity, desire or intention to visit the said country.

I'll clear my phone cache.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Date: 28 October, 2019 20:04

If you don't have an obvious browsing history then it will be the company spending money to advertise on sites or geographical areas that are relevant. So the army are looking for young fit guys and gals they will go for rugby/football sites in the UK.

What connection does Honolulu/USA have with Saudi?

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 28 October, 2019 22:26

I could be very wrong, but I like to create a mental picture of each poster based on their contributions and I don't get the feeling there are too many 'young, fit guys and gals' posting on this site (no offence intended)! Not sure the army's hitting its intended demographic, but enlisting seems marginally more appealing than holidaying in Saudi Arabia.

Date: 28 October, 2019 23:27

Quote:
TomReagan
I could be very wrong, but I like to create a mental picture of each poster based on their contributions and I don't get the feeling there are too many 'young, fit guys and gals' posting on this site (no offence intended)! Not sure the army's hitting its intended demographic, but enlisting seems marginally more appealing than holidaying in Saudi Arabia.

Flipping heck Tom, don't run us all down, in my mind I have the body of a 19 year old as for mental age my family are continually telling me to grow up, so I clearly hit the demographic don't I?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2019 06:32

Quote:
TomReagan
I could be very wrong, but I like to create a mental picture of each poster based on their contributions.

Glad itís not just me who does that. SW is of course an actual pirate, with eyepatch and parrot. BOB is the gunnery sergeant in Full Metal Jacket etc.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Date: 29 October, 2019 07:44

Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
TomReagan
I could be very wrong, but I like to create a mental picture of each poster based on their contributions.

Glad itís not just me who does that. SW is of course an actual pirate, with eyepatch and parrot. BOB is the gunnery sergeant in Full Metal Jacket etc.

I don't think forum rules allow me to describe my mental picture of Ballsout! (Sm124) confused smiley (Sm8)

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2019 11:04

Recently I have had a very strange experience as of course I am only 47 I have been bemused to receive lots of Birthday Cards for a 60 year old(Sm124)

I an only assume that it is some sort of elaborate joke(Sm100)eye popping smiley

Posted by: Woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 29 October, 2019 14:50

I dont think Saudi Arabia is on my top ten list, in fact its not in my top 194 (apparently there are 195)

Date: 29 October, 2019 15:57

The worst holiday destination IN THE WORLD Woodpecker...strong stuff. Surely there must be a few worse places?! Given a choice between Saudi Arabia and Yemen you might have a tricky decision to make. Interesting (well, to me at least) that Rwanda trying to promote tourism there- big ad campaign at Arsenal for starters.

Date: 03 November, 2019 09:28

Still getting ads for Saudi Arabia JTF?! The army seems to have pulled out here and there's a dull ad for IBM and one for mobility furniture, both of which seem far more suitable methinks!

Posted by: ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 10:26

Can you even go to the Kingdom as a tourist? I thought you had to have a relative or something.

Seems an odd place to go for a non Muslim, seeing as you are banned from going to all the intresting places. (Hajj, Mecca, the Kaaba, Medina, etc).

Perhaps I underestimated the number of Muslims in the Bath support.

J

Date: 03 November, 2019 10:58

How can they ban non-Muslims from visiting such sites? For starters, how would they know, but I'm also picturing the stoning scene in Life of Brian and thinking that appropriate dress amongst the vast crowds would certainly go unnoticed!

Posted by: ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 12:17

Quote:
TomReagan
How can they ban non-Muslims from visiting such sites? For starters, how would they know, but I'm also picturing the stoning scene in Life of Brian and thinking that appropriate dress amongst the vast crowds would certainly go unnoticed!

That can, and they do.

Frankly, I would t want to mess with the Saudi religious police.

[www.quora.com]

J

Date: 03 November, 2019 12:32

As in several Middle Eastern countries people be they visitors or residents don't have anything like the same freedoms and permissions. That is why Europe with all its failings can be so attractive.

Date: 03 November, 2019 12:50

Chippenham- are you suggesting they wouldn't see the funny side? Hugely disappointing!

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 14:50

Sorry to restart an old thread but it bought a smile to my face. Today I'm seeing an advertisement offering me a 'lingerie styling appointment' where I can 'let their expert Lingerie Stylists find me the perfect fit from their range of A-J cup bras'.

Now, I'm not sure of their target audience or how their algorithm works but I'm fairly sure that a 40y.o. male blacksmith is not the sort of person who usually buys himself bras. Even for Christmas.

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley.

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 15:38

Do you moonlight in the Archers JFPC?

Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 17:19

Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
Do you moonlight in the Archers JFPC?

I do have radio 4 on all day in the forge and the Archers is supposedly set near me, however if you're referring to Chris the farrier, whilst I grew up around horses, the closest I've got to shoeing a horse was telling a donkey to f*ck off. (apologies for shoehorning a blacksmithing joke in there)

Adopted player 2019/20 Will Chudley.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net