Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: PREVIEW: BATH v ULSTER
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2019 11:40

Quote:
sirtidychris
Given that Sam has been playing rugby solidly for 18months I would have thought they all need more than two weeks. Given how sam plays we should give him a 4-6 weeks

Again - i wouldn't presume to know what state his mind or body are in, and i'll assume that whatever the club goes with relates to that. But, he has played in 6 Test matches this year (spread across 24 Aug - 2 Nov, and (according to ESPN) has started 15 games for Bath in 3 seasons (including this one, so effectively, 2 seasons).

I'd have thought he'd be itching to capitalize on his fitness, especially for such a season-defining game.

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 14 November, 2019 17:30

I'd hope training has focused on correctly placing the ball down over the try line.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 10:56

Phew, the world is a safer place now that a message board thread title has been changed.

What's next to be outraged and offended by...?

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:05

Quote:
ballsout
Phew, the world is a safer place now that a message board thread title has been changed. What's next to be outraged and offended by...?

Run out of kittens to punch this morning?

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 11:59

15. Freddie Burns

14. Semesa Rokoduguni

13. Jonathan Joseph

12. Jamie Roberts

11. Ruaridh McConnochie

10. Rhys Priestland

9. Will Chudley

1. Beno Obano

2. Tom Dunn

3. Will Stuart

4. Josh McNally

5. Charlie Ewels (c)

6. Mike Williams

7. Sam Underhill

8. Zach Mercer

Replacements

16. Jack Walker

17. Lewis Boyce

18. Christian Judge

19. Elliott Stooke

20. Josh Bayliss

21. Chris Cook

22. Max Wright

23. Gabe Hamer-Webb

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Re: PREVIEW: BATH v ULSTER Teamís up
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:03

And Ulster:

(15-9) Will Addison, Rob Lyttle, Luke Marshall, Stuart McCloskey, Jacob Stockdale, Billy Burns, John Cooney.

(1-8) Jack McGrath, Rob Herring, Marty Moore, Iain Henderson (Capt.), Sam Carter, Matthew Rea, Jordi Murphy, Marcell Coetzee.

Replacements: Adam McBurney, Eric O'Sullivan, Tom O'Toole, Alan O'Connor, Sean Reidy, David Shanahan, Angus Curtis, Louis Ludik.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:03

Good to see Ruaridh back & Roko fit: I feared that Roko's HIA would sideline him.

Good also to see Sam & JJ return.

PG

Date: 15 November, 2019 12:07

With JJ to help with playmaking duties, Ruaridh to help defuse the aerial threat and Underhill's carrying and knock-them-backwards tackling added in to the two gutsy home performances, that really does look a decently balanced rugby team!

Re: PREVIEW: BATH v ULSTER Both teamsí up
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:10

That's a top quality team. No excuses for underperformance.

Let's start playing from minute 1 and not wake up half way through the game or when we get a red card.

Date: 15 November, 2019 12:19

If Ellis can't make the bench then we must have a seriously good back 5. I hope we don't end up with him feeling he'll get better opportunities elsewhere.

Posted by: Purns (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:20

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by: sirtidychris (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 13:08

Ellis, Garvey, Faletau, Louw, some big names not in the backrow.

Great team allez !

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 14:38

Quote:
ballsout
What's next to be outraged and offended by...?

That depends on what part of the world you are from. Let's not offend if we can avoid it.

Some people get very upset over losing possession of a rugby ball....

Posted by: fat lock (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 18:04

Quote:
Optimist
If Ellis can't make the bench then we must have a seriously good back 5. I hope we don't end up with him feeling he'll get better opportunities elsewhere.
Might just be good squad management - he's played a few games, and he plays hard - time for a rest to protect him so he can be as fresh as possible during the 6N.
I worry for Mercer - Looks like Faletau will be fit for the 6N - so avoid having to play much for us. Where does Mercer's rest happen? Flouw at 8?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/11/2019 18:09 by fat lock.

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 18:16

Surely Wales can't pick Faletau........he has not played for about a year!

Looks a good team I just pray to everyone's god that Sam doesn't come back and get injured in the first 10 minutes after all he has done on the World Stage......(Sm124)

Very excited(Sm46)

Posted by: ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 18:36

Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
Surely Wales can't pick Faletau........he has not played for about a year!
Looks a good team I just pray to everyone's god that Sam doesn't come back and get injured in the first 10 minutes after all he has done on the World Stage......(Sm124)

Very excited(Sm46)

Re Faletau, they can and Iím imagining they will. Heís quality.

J

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 18:58

Might our bench front row be a tad under-powered for this match or am I being over cautious? Mind you if the front row play like they did last week for the first 70mins it might not matter...

Adopted players: 2019/20 T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 19:19

Nice to see the thread reflecting my sense of positive anticipation whilst not being sure of the result rather than having to react to predictions of humiliation and evidence of the club and coaches being rotten to the core! (Sm151)

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 21:50

Quote:
Clarkey3k
Might our bench front row be a tad under-powered for this match or am I being over cautious? Mind you if the front row play like they did last week for the first 70mins it might not matter...

Boyce and Judge are under powered?! Judge is the strongest player in the gym by all accounts. He didnít embarrass himself at Sarries either.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Date: 16 November, 2019 13:53

Bright start and a rapid descent into ordinariness and basic errors by Chudley and RP in articulate. I feel like we have the beating of them though. JJ looking horribly rusty and a reluctance to use Ruaridh is a bit frustrating.

Current Page: 3 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net