Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: PREVIEW: BATH v ULSTER Both teamsí up
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 13:56

Bath outplaying Ulster. Still behind though thanks to a free try. Why do our half backs start so slowly, its like they have to give away points to motivate themselves.

JJ not himself, Roko looks well up for it, some great hits. Its there for the taking but can they take it?

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: GrumpyDave (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:04

Ulster have a 14 man defensive line, but one sweeper the whole time. Thereís acres of space - we need to mix it up with a few decent kicks to corner IMO.

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:20

Roko is our only hope of a try

Date: 16 November, 2019 14:21

Fantastic tackle by Priestland then Burns, did he lead with a kick there though?

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Date: 16 November, 2019 14:28

Burns out, hamstring?

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:30

Our attack seems non-existent again. We are going through the motions with no intent and we have to put more bodies into the breakdown than them. Going to struggle to turn this around unless we find some fluency...

AAAAAAAAAND we score!!! (Sm6)

Date: 16 November, 2019 14:33

Quote:
shipwrecked
Burns out, hamstring?

Sooo wrong, miraculous recovery he's back to convert from the touch line Hamer Webbs try!

Date: 16 November, 2019 14:34

The new Roko then!

Is that Burns' calf problem back again. Great kick though.

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:34

Dream debut from Hamer-Webb; first touch and scores a try!!

13 v 14

Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:39

Burns off after conversion: RP converts penalty from 45 metres.

16 v 14

Date: 16 November, 2019 14:43

Love the enterprise but shouldn't we play for field position?

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:57

Nolly Waterman absolutely rinsing us in commentary. She isnít wrong in anything she is saying mind you.

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 14:58

Replay shows clear no arms tackle on Mercer at the death there - should have been penalty to Bath.
Lucky second Ulster try when when had 2 players being treated for injury.
Really, really unlucky to lose that.

Date: 16 November, 2019 15:00

Perfect example of why we need fresh half backs. Both just locked into robot mode!

Posted by: supermarinematt (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 15:00

Quote:
ken_jnr
Nolly Waterman absolutely rinsing us in commentary. She isnít wrong in anything she is saying mind you.

She was on the money - we played way to much rugby in the middle of the field and due to the lack of creativity we have we just go side to side and do nothing with the ball.

Should have won that with the territory and possession we had. The lack of go forward we have is really limiting us and nullifying the good work the forwards are doing

Date: 16 November, 2019 15:01

Quote:
ken_jnr

Agree, spot on in fact.

Date: 16 November, 2019 15:17

I guess you've got to credit Ulster's defence. But we did carve out enough half chances to win that - we just aren't sophisticated or accomplished enough to convert a high enough proportion of chances though Too depressing to think that we're as good as out. If we were able to field our absolute first choice 23 it's not beyond us, but when does that ever happen.

Posted by: Shadders (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 15:18

Quote:
Dorset Boy
Replay shows clear no arms tackle on Mercer at the death there - should have been penalty to Bath.
Lucky second Ulster try when when had 2 players being treated for injury.
Really, really unlucky to lose that.

I thought the same...too much going on when the clocks gone red and it's the end of the game. I think the TMO might have said something otherwise.

Hamer-Webb's try was great, thought Roko and Beno were excellent. Shame Freddie gets cramp consistently after 50 minutes!

I think we'll win next week.

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 15:26

I'm also staggered their No3 got away with what was a clear knee lift into Freddie as he made the tackle from their solitary attack in the second half. It was as dangerous, if not more so, that Brew's offence for the red card last week, but not even looked at.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 16:06

Just got back - Really enjoyable close match I thought. Some interesting omissions in terms of blocks and offsides IMO, but couldnít really argue that either side didnít deserve to win. Amazed he didnít stop play when around RM who was having head treatment, but awarded so too late to moan.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Current Page: 4 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net