Rob Webber to retire
Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 18:41

As an ex-player who played over 80 times for you, you may be interested in this announcement

[www.salesharks.com]

I remember when he came to us (Sale) as TT was leaving, we were somewhat underwhelmed and I recall that you were not too sorry to see him go, I think. However, at Sale he has seen off the doubters big time and become a mainstay of the front row and the club generally. We will be genuinely sorry to lose him.

Off the field, he is a genuinely nice guy and we wish him well in the next phase of his career

Re: Rob Webber to retire
Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 18:46

Always a class player for us. Good luck to him.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2020 18:59

Was a decent enough player for us. Shame he blotted his copy book with the drink driving conviction.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 09:03

He was very good.....and then he wasn't.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2020 13:18

Quote:
woodpecker
He was very good.....and then he wasn't.

And then he was.....elsewhere!

https://i.ibb.co/Fz0bC3q/Unknown-1.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Posted by: redmix (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 16:55

Was very highly rated whilst at Wasps before he came to us. Tipped as next England captain! Sadly, came to us injured and suffered several other injuries along the way curtailing his international and Bath potential. At his best he was one of the best hookers around.

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2020 23:24

I would put him right up there as a top class premiership clubman and player

Possibly a step away from being international class but for his club gave everything on and off the pitch. A true modern day professional that any top flight club would want and a great role model for academy players

There, Mrs Webber can I have my money now?

Nah, I mean it and wish him well in the rugby after life

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 06:13

Err, role model in a rugby sense not in the real life sense Iím afraid. He blew that qualification on the M6.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2020 07:44

Role model for Domino's maybe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net