return to training
Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 June, 2020 15:51

[www.bathrugby.com]

Tom Dunn in serious need of a visit to the barber, but TDG and Nahum Merigan (is he really just 19?) clearly spent their time lifting some tin over the lockdown.

Can't wait for the games to start again!



[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Re: return to training
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 10:13

Hopefully to practise handling skills so that we can do things like this - i just watch it and wonder how many times we'd have knocked on in that move, and whether we'd have calculated the route to the line over the last 20 metres.

Re: return to training
Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 10:40

Quote:
Optimist
Hopefully to practise handling skills so that we can do things like this - i just watch it and wonder how many times we'd have knocked on in that move, and whether we'd have calculated the route to the line over the last 20 metres.

Amen Opti

Clock Telea's try for Blues, sweet offload from the No.8
Highlights Round #2

(Sm72)

Re: return to training
Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 10:42

Something like this?



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/06/2020 10:43 by hasta.

Re: return to training
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 11:09

I had no idea there was a comprehensive highlights package of last season!

Re: return to training
Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 11:31

winking smiley

Re: return to training
Posted by: JFPC (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 12:20

Quote:
Optimist
Hopefully to practise handling skills so that we can do things like this - i just watch it and wonder how many times we'd have knocked on in that move, and whether we'd have calculated the route to the line over the last 20 metres.

I reackon we'd have only knocked on once! (Then we'd have been penalised at the scrum and been back defending our try line)

Re: return to training
Posted by: charlieboa (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 12:30

Quote:
BathMatt53
https://www.bathrugby.com/club-news/bath-rugbys-return-to-stage-1-training/
Tom Dunn in serious need of a visit to the barber, but TDG and Nahum Merigan (is he really just 19?) clearly spent their time lifting some tin over the lockdown.

Can't wait for the games to start again!

I think merigan will get a few chances for the firsts next season. Bit of a specimen for his age....only turned 19 in spring i think.

Re: return to training
Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 14:37

Interesting on Opti's try for all of the lovely passing, recovery handling they went the wrong way on the final pass and not only made it a much more difficult run-in but also made it a much more difficult kick.

But when you can all pass and run like that lets not bother taking conversions!(Sm100)

Re: return to training
Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 15:28

Quote:
JFPC
Quote:
Optimist
Hopefully to practise handling skills so that we can do things like this - i just watch it and wonder how many times we'd have knocked on in that move, and whether we'd have calculated the route to the line over the last 20 metres.

I reackon we'd have only knocked on once! (Then we'd have been penalised at the scrum and been back defending our try line)

That's usually how it goes. From attacking 10 metres out to defending our try-line for our lives in the space of 30 seconds.

Re: return to training
Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 15:39

Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
Interesting on Opti's try for all of the lovely passing, recovery handling they went the wrong way on the final pass

I thought that too BFJ, but if you freeze it on 0:26 - it's possible that the defending 9 and 15 could have covered the 2 inside attackers. 9 has turned away from the two outside attackers and is lining up the ball-carrier, so maybe red 2 (the blooky hooker ffs!) did take the right option. Advantage was with red by then whichever way they went, but going back outside was less conventional option.

Re: return to training
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2020 16:08

Quote:
Optimist
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
Interesting on Opti's try for all of the lovely passing, recovery handling they went the wrong way on the final pass

I thought that too BFJ, but if you freeze it on 0:26 - it's possible that the defending 9 and 15 could have covered the 2 inside attackers. 9 has turned away from the two outside attackers and is lining up the ball-carrier, so maybe red 2 (the blooky hooker ffs!) did take the right option. Advantage was with red by then whichever way they went, but going back outside was less conventional option.

You have to think they gave it to the fastest guy on the pitch and one who scores tries regularly, once he gets the ball its always a try!



https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg


Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Re: return to training
Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2020 06:55

Yep, if in doubt give it to Sevu Reece.



... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net