Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T Political Overkill
Posted by: Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 09:08

I normally enjoy visiting your board but it is by far the most political board on the rugby network. This week alone you have posts on 7 active O/T threads. Are there no political clubs or discussion boards in Bath or have you simply run out of rugby related topics to debate? or, more worryingly do you simply have an excess of bigots in Bath wishing to beat their particular 'topic' to death?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2020 09:27 by hasta.

Re: Political Overkill
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 09:22

Its an active board, there is no rugby what do you expect?

Two Off Topic threads are on coronavirus, only mild politics in there mostly but excellent debate and info. from across the network. No need to worry, when rugby's back we will all return to mild abuse of teams like Tigers, Bristol, Sarries and criticising our own players to the fullest degree. If it helps I'll make sure Exeter gets it's fair share.

PS Good luck in your quest for the title this year this doesn't apply to next though as Bath will be the first team to win the Premiership without a flyhalf!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Re: O/T Political Overkill
Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 09:29

You have created another O/T thread... The purpose of marking them O/T is that people don't have to read them if they don't want to and the topic should be fairly clear.

Also, first and last warning, don't call other posters bigots.

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 10:42

You're right, lots of stuff that's not about rugby. Understandable really, and clearly lots of Bath posters are taking a sabbatical for that reason. Each to their own. I popped on your website for the first time and it's very quiet-perhaps that's why you came on here? Anyway, maybe you'd be better off giving this site a miss until the rugby resumes, unless you think your post will inspire us bigots to start posting about a sport that's not actually happening.

Posted by: annie blackthorn (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 10:54

You will have to be more subtle than that if you want to pick a fight on this board.

Most of us have been posting on and off for years in a mostly good natured way even when arguing. But then we are mostly all grownups.

Stick to making comments on your own board, thanks.

Posted by: OutsideBath (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 11:38

Simple answer is to stay off the board if you don’t like the topics.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 11:39

Actually Annie, visitors are welcome.
CcL has heard why we have O/T posts & why they are popular.

That should be enough.

PG

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 12:58

A bit of perspective on this whilst there is very little rugby to talk about apart from the politics of rugby, our stats for last month were, page views 209472 whilst Exe had 46260 page views. We were the top rugby site and Exe were in tenth place.

May I suggest that the OP start some more conversations on his/her own site to try and get more traffic than criticise our highly popular SN site!

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 15:30

I'm happy to visit this board and it is pretty much the only one that has been active. And that is because they've allowed discussion off topic which has mostly been pretty cordial.
i take a break every now and then because I've been working throughout and the amount of discussion per day can mean I'm forever in and out of topics which isnt great for work, of course..so i have to go cold turkey..lol.
Otherwise this network would be pretty flat...

Posted by: The Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 17:11

Quote:
CoochieCoo
...page views 209472 whilst Exe had 46260 page views. We were the top rugby site and Exe were in tenth place.

All it took was a lockdown to get Bath rugby at the top of the table winking smiley

Posted by: B4thB4ck (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 17:23

Also worth pointing out that our OT threads are not just about politics but also the COVID subject science and developments.

Posted by: Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 19:06

Quote:
CoochieCoo
A bit of perspective on this whilst there is very little rugby to talk about apart from the politics of rugby, our stats for last month were, page views 209472 whilst Exe had 46260 page views. We were the top rugby site and Exe were in tenth place.
May I suggest that the OP start some more conversations on his/her own site to try and get more traffic than criticise our highly popular SN site!

I admit that more activity would be welcome on the Exeter Board but you will no doubt recognise that a major reason, compared to Bath, is that we have so little to complain about.

Posted by: CoochieCoo (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 19:08

Quote:
Chief-cum-Lately
Quote:
CoochieCoo

I admit that more activity would be welcome on the Exeter Board but you will no doubt recognise that a major reason, compared to Bath, is that we have so little to complain about.

How boring!

https://pbflaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mToRbTHGUTg0zWMi8LNeOlOmx4tZHsH3crYbASv0X_qWBw8j30S9KV-RiZIf_AWoOZXD7D3Rjy1tYRAKXykpZSHuOObVQBiovPpB6PnDUuBM6xlx2F1yOjKpEBmWUfMru3SCm255j3p-CnndC7J9ZUG29r1BtfFWHHj-MdzDOpzBuTRTPqNaco8ctf1svZyW0?width=106&height=160&cropmode=none
https://pbfkaa.by.files.1drv.com/y4mhxY1k8zrLn92LwcIYgSd1KcA6zBGX-Wgw2dNz8Us0xA71EhjMmL2tc-ggx7OlsBDECw8eAZ_oAWnNyh5doimzOEics5H87cuh5Q-Sb-ViPD6Pt6QUBneu5F2tlWLltGQZ8pd5qFmsZwbKB39L5Dki21gJfnsiaxLiCiuWPCZUjkXp4EttajzFAgcCl6YuDDF?width=160&height=107&cropmode=none

Posted by: Woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 19:51

The post that started this thread is very odd. Where’s Ballsout when you need him!

Posted by: DanWiley (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 20:18

I think it has been noted that when bath do well the site activity drops a bit?

I must admit, I've always assumed that if a thread is called something like "O/T brexit" people safely assume that is not about rugby and, if they aren't interested, don't read.

Posted by: TomReagan (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 21:03

I admit that more activity would be welcome on the Exeter Board but you will no doubt recognise that a major reason, compared to Bath, is that we have so little to complain about.[/quote]
For once, nor have we-that's why we're posting O/T all the time, which is what you originally noted...

Posted by: joethefanatic (IP Logged)
Date: 29 June, 2020 22:16

[quote TomReagan]I admit that more activity would be welcome on the Exeter Board but you will no doubt recognise that a major reason, compared to Bath, is that we have so little to complain about.[/quote]
For once, nor have we-that's why we're posting O/T all the time, which is what you originally noted...[/quote]

Well, we're complaining about not having a stellar 10, no recognizable game plan, no Head Coach, a leaky stadium,
an inappropriately luxurious training ground and season ticket prices. Situation normal, I'd say.

... IMHO, of course.

Now in Honolulu

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 09:06

Whilst we would not be complaining, initially, if we were enjoying Exeter's current success.............however pretty quickly we would be complaining about the style of a significant number of Exeter's tries.

Posted by: BathMatt53 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 09:45

Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack
Whilst we would not be complaining, initially, if we were enjoying Exeter's current success.............however pretty quickly we would be complaining about the style of a significant number of Exeter's tries.

Also in relation to 'style' I would definitely be complaining about the supporters who think that it is acceptable to wave tomahawks, wear headdresses and generally mock (whether intentionally or not) the native american culture alongside the 'Big Chief' mascot.

[Adoptee 19 / 20: The High ball and counter attack meister, Tom Homer]

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 30 June, 2020 09:57

Quote:
BathMatt53
Quote:
Bath Supporter Jack

Also in relation to 'style' I would definitely be complaining about the supporters who think that it is acceptable to wave tomahawks, wear headdresses and generally mock (whether intentionally or not) the native american culture alongside the 'Big Chief' mascot.

Good point Matt, especially in the current climate!

https://i.ibb.co/gjWyP09/Unknown-1-2.jpg

Beno Obano Age 25 years, Loosehead prop, 5ft 8ins 18st 12lbs 'Mauls are like Transformers' they change form to become more powerful!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net