Doddie Weir
Posted by: Mike the Taxi (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2020 13:43

[www.bbc.co.uk] - At 50!

Re: Doddie Weir
Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 11:45

Wonderful news. Certainly inspirational for a person doing his best to overcome and live with an ever debilitating decease, which includes a known outcome, with great fortitude and no little good humour and occasional pint of Guinness. Doddie is making the absolute best of his circumstances and shows real appreciation for the love and support of his family and friends. Not only still managing a hard physical job in all weathers, and so thankful he can still do it, but raising thousands of pounds for research into MND.

I find news like this so uplifting in a morass of awfulness and selfishness manifesting itself in this and other countries all over the World.

I hope he lives to 90 and is knighted. Much more deserving than some I could name and in particular those born in privaledged positions whose behavior and attitude to their fellow person is just appalling.

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.

The Jink Joseph.

Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: Awp24975 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 15:23

A belated happy Birthday to one of the greats. Such a lovely man. Having had a close friend die from MND I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, it’s such a cruel horrible disease. Keep fighting Doddie, you have a lot of people behind you!

Posted by: warrenball (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 18:54

Great news to see that Dodie was able to celebrate his 50th.

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 08:34

Endorse completely Bathovalball's comments above...........could not have put it better

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net