Current Page: 8 of 14
Re: 5 into 4 : Sale v Bath Match Preview TEAM'S UP!
Posted by: Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:07

Superb smash and grab from the team, excellent tactics once they switched from thundering it up in the middle of the park and started pinning them back.

Take a bow lads, not many win at Sale let alone get a BP!

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:07

I have been openly critical when I have felt they deserved it but that was an incredible performance and result by Bath. It feels like we are building in a way I havenít felt since 2015. Whatever happens next this season, we have come out of lockdown a new team and the boys should all be proud.

A week off now then back to it!

Posted by: Woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:08

Itís fun being a Bath fan again!!!

Posted by: Mr Frivolous (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:09

Quote:
P G Tips
All the way from Burgos: yes, yes, yesss!!!!!
All the way from Oldfield Park...yes Bath! Would love to hear the Steve Diamond post match interview. Mr Ballsout are you smiling yet?

Posted by: Woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:10

Quote:
John Tee
Didnt know the game was on the red butyon so missed most of it....but JJ looks like he treads water when running...has he lost pace?

I donít know what the red button is (I can imagine what it looks like) channel 450 on my BT box.

Posted by: dcsh (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:12

Great win, 5 point to ZERO, couldnít ask for more.

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:18

Ab Fab effort and a wonderful BP win. A few days in the spa to r&r then go again v glaws. Thrilling stuff. Who got MotM?

Adopted players: 2020/21 A Watson; [20] T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: 9215 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:18

That was an excellent performance. Thereís been talk before about looking good against weak opposition, that was a bonus point win against a full strength top 4 side

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:19

Superb.

1-23 were all absolutely superb. The impact from the bench was immense in the last 20, W Spencer and Redpath especially. Ben Spencer, MotM yet again for me, really is a special player.

Best win in a long, long while. Well done all involved.

Posted by: Victor Ludorum (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:19

Can't remember a time since the 2014-15 season that I've enjoyed watching Bath this much! Plenty of heart and spirit from a well-coached team all playing for each other. Ben Spencer is making such a difference and it would be well deserved for him to earn the England starting 9 jersey. COYB!!

Posted by: 9215 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:21

Quote:
Clarkey3k
Ab Fab effort and a wonderful BP win. A few days in the spa to r&r then go again v glaws. Thrilling stuff. Who got MotM?

I donít think there is one as it wasnít technically a broadcast match so no co-commentator to pick it, plenty of contenders though

Posted by: Never In Doubt (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:22

Really good performance from one and all.

- When scrums worked we got looked on top and earned critical penalties
- Line out was exceptional with good own ball and several Ewels steals (......if only he threw more punches!)
- Back row decent maybe the only area where Sale sneaked it
- Spencer/Priestland starting to work. Immense performance (again) from Spencer and super kicking from Rhys. We also are starting to look positive in attack.
- Centres held their own and JJ kick for the try was instinctively good.
- McC try again exceptional .... that was Tuilagi he bumped off
- GHW decent and Tom DeG looking more and more confident.

Only poorly executed, lazy and predictable performance was from Ballsout.

Yes we made mistakes and yes we invited pressure at times but damn they worked for each other, made great defensive saves and we seemed to have learnt how to score tries again.

Wooooop Wooop!

Posted by: dannyf2 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:24

Wow

Posted by: Long Term (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:28

Looks to me like we are a well coached side playing for each other( with high morale) and developing a winning habit. Rhys' kicking for points and from hand vital and balancing out his weaknesses. Spencer is pure class, I hadn't fully appreciated just how good he is and I think the passing ability of the youngsters will bare fruit in the back's play in the future. Happy days!!

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:31

RP was v "accomplished" today according to my mate watching with me. Couldn't agree more...

Adopted players: 2020/21 A Watson; [20] T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:42

Spencer MOTM

Posted by: Bathovalballer (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:44

Wahoo bl ---y Ray. Didn't see that one coming.

Fantastic win which I will take anytime, even with the odd mistake. I used to play cricket with a captain who used to say if we sneaked a win we didn't deserve , 'Look in the scorebook mate. We won , you didn't.' Not saying we didn't deserve it but we got it.
Am absolutely floating on cloud 9 , backed up by a large glass or three!
Trouble is to make top 4, we need to beat Glos with a bonus point and get a win at Sarries me thinks as Sale and Bris should win their last two games. Might come down to us wanting Exeter to beat Wasps away to let us in and keep Wasps out. That would be a fairy tale end to the season, even if we get humped at The Chiefs.

Adopted player 2020/21 Beno 'the Transformer' Obano

Adopted player 2019/20 Jonathan 'JJ' Joseph.The Jink Joseph.
Adopted player 2018/19 Adopted player 2018/19 Semesa 'The Rock' Rokoduguni

Posted by: Ali1969 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:50

Great Win, no more needed to be said. Now back it up with 2 more. That performance reminds me of Chiefs and Sarries play like that and we have a chance.

Posted by: bathwickboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:51

Still trying to believe that we actually won a game up at Sale. Fantastic result. We normally can rely on the game being played on a wet and dismal Friday night with us getting 'nul points'. Don't want to single out one player but cannot stop looking beyond Ben Spencer for the huge difference that he is making. Onwards and upwards!!

Posted by: Young B (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:10

Great result. Defence was really good.. Spencer is top drawer.. RMc had a great game and solid performance from the pack. Also thought TDG had a good game and looks assured..

Well played Bath.. now just need to smash Glaws!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2020 18:11 by Young B.

Current Page: 8 of 14
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net