Current Page: 9 of 14
Re: 5 into 4 : Sale v Bath Match Preview TEAM'S UP!
Posted by: ChippenhamRoman (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:12

Quote:
ken_jnr
I have been openly critical when I have felt they deserved it but that was an incredible performance and result by Bath. It feels like we are building in a way I havenít felt since 2015. Whatever happens next this season, we have come out of lockdown a new team and the boys should all be proud.
A week off now then back to it!

Amazing what having no injuries does. And Spencer.

#COYB

J

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:17

Great result again!

Funny how BO goes quiet once Bath get on top. He really must be gutted at the moment.

Still think top 4 will be a big ask - really need Sarries to beat Leinster don't we?

Posted by: hemington (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:28

Where's Eeeyore?

Posted by: Clarkey3k (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:31

Quote:
bathwickboy
Still trying to believe that we actually won a game up at Sale. Fantastic result. We normally can rely on the game being played on a wet and dismal Friday night with us getting 'nul points'. Don't want to single out one player but cannot stop looking beyond Ben Spencer for the huge difference that he is making. Onwards and upwards!!

I have been going on/off for c35yr and can't recall seeing a win at Heywood Rd, Stockport County or the AJ. Would have been there this year but for Covid. Still, every cloud etc...smileys with beer

Adopted players: 2020/21 A Watson; [20] T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Family . Community . Nation - [sdp.org.uk]

Posted by: Griff (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 18:59

What a fantastic result, didnít see that coming but very happy. Canít think of the last time we had. BP win against Sale away!

Question for the mods. Is there an issue with the site, it seems some posters canít post when Bath play well and win 😀

"You're going to need a bigger boat"

Christian Judge Adopted Player 2020/21

Posted by: Danchinho (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:13

Everyone played well for Bath.
Special mention to the front 5 and Underhill, Bayliss and Ellis. Very dominant in contact I thought, both as tacklers and carriers. For all the noise about their pack, ours was better.
B. Spencer. What a difference when your 9 can be a play maker like Aaron Smith. Seeing the opportunity and wizzing a pass for 15 yards that sets up a try.
Iíll say it again TdG always looks like the game slows down for him just a fraction. Thatís an awesome ability. Very composed. Good skill set too.

We have got a recent habit of being a bit sleepy for the 1st 15 minutes of a game. Weíre recovering well which is brilliant. Iím sure SH would like us firing from the off though.

I probably don't know what i'm talking about.

Posted by: P G Tips (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:20

Dan
I rather think you do!

Posted by: dr.bath1865 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:24

When the game was tight between 60-70 minutes, Spencer mustíve kicked 2 or 3 box kicks up the left touch line from on our line to half way. Relentless skill under pressure that relieved all of the pressure. One hell of a player.

Anyone know what happened at the final whistle with the pushing and shoving? My guess (with little evidence) was that one of their lads (Ross?) said something to Redpath, Iíd imagine about leaving Sale to chase the cash, or somesuch. Nice to see Dunn pile in with Redpath! Might be completely wrong on all of that but Redpath did his talking on the pitch. He was immense for 20 minutes, with some big hits, a couple of turnovers and a monster kick or two.

Date: 13 September, 2020 19:31

Quote:
dr.bath1865
Anyone know what happened at the final whistle with the pushing and shoving? My guess (with little evidence) was that one of their lads (Ross?) said something to Redpath, Iíd imagine about leaving Sale to chase the cash, or somesuch. Nice to see Dunn pile in with Redpath! Might be completely wrong on all of that but Redpath did his talking on the pitch. He was immense for 20 minutes, with some big hits, a couple of turnovers and a monster kick or two.

I was wondering about that little fracas, thought Dunn may have said something to Jono Ross to excite him. I can see why Ross may have been a bit peeved having spent 10 first half mins in the bin quickly followed by one of his mates. Dunny deserves a places in the EPS this autumn but EJ won't pick him. Sad news for him, great news for the BB&W...

Adopted players: 2020/21 A Watson; [20] T Faletau; [19] M V Vuuren; [18] T Faletau; [17] D Denton; [16] H. Agulla; [15] L Houston; [14] W Spencer; [13] F. Louw

Posted by: hasta (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:33

Hadn't Dunn been subbed at the point?

Posted by: TG Kesmo (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:41

Quote:
hasta

Yes he had, came on after the whistle and went to congratulate the rest of the team but piled in in support of Redpath

Posted by: Young B (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:42

Quote:
Danchinho
We have got a recent habit of being a bit sleepy for the 1st 15 minutes of a game. Weíre recovering well which is brilliant. Iím sure SH would like us firing from the off though.

I think we do it on purpose so BO can have his negative little rants but then turn it around so he runs off silently... still hasnít popped back up yet - great to see.

Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:43

Quote:
ballsout
Oh good back to the 1 pass, lose the ball instantly, concede a try days

Quote:
ballsout
10 mins in, weíve had one real carry. Where we lost the ball.

Quote:
ballsout
13 minutes in. Our second carry. Penalty to Sale in our 22.

Quote:
ballsout
Ooooh two carries before being turned over this time. Progress
Get the ball back. Pass directly into touch.

Then concede another penalty.

Final score Sale 22 - Bath 37 Isn't that proof that continuous possession is not a prerequisite to victory? Brilliant result Ben Spencer is running the game from 9, RP kicks the penalties and Rory looks as good as Watson.

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 20:05

The big match moment for me came around 76 minutes. I was having the typical Bath wobble and fearing another close defeat at the death and then Redpath makes a brilliant turnover to secure penalty. The rest is history

That, along with RMc's 7 point tackle and Spencer's kick for JJ's try sums up everything that is different about our team now

Date: 13 September, 2020 20:14

Quote:
TG Kesmo
Quote:
hasta

Yes he had, came on after the whistle and went to congratulate the rest of the team but piled in in support of Redpath

Outstanding attitude. Well done Dunny...

Posted by: BathHalfFull (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 20:19

Absolutely loved that. Loved that they started much stronger and we didn't panic and found ways to swing some dominant in our favour and take our chances. yes we make some mistakes still but there was a growing maturity about the way we deal with these tough games. To get a BP win away at a pretty much full strength and on form Sale was fantastic. Let's hope we can beat Glos and take it to the last weekend. Even if we don't make it I have seen enough the last few weeks so leave me not just confident we are making strides but excited too.

Posted by: Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 20:21

Anybody know what Mrs Diamond had to say post match?
OOPS ! That was supposed to be Mr S Diamond (Sm100)

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies
Adopted Player 2020/21 Cam Redpath

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 20:24

Quote:
Old Bath Tub
Anybody know what Mrs Diamond had to say post match?
OOPS ! That was supposed to be Mr S Diamond (Sm100)

He's not thrown his toys out of the pram:

Sale boss Steve Diamond:

"We didn't play well and they played pretty well. They stuck to their guns and sorted us out in the lineout. We had no answer to that.

"If you can't get any set-piece ball and you get two yellow cards, and you give double figure penalties away, maybe we've reached our level. Maybe we're not good enough to be in the top four and that's what I said to the lads.

"Take nothing away from Bath, they were good, very good, but equally we created a lot of chances. It wasn't as though there was no invention but, if you give two yellow cards away and you can't win a lineout, we're doing well to score 22 points."

From the BBC report

Date: 13 September, 2020 20:37

Fair play to Diamond, will need to see what Hoops has to say. I hope it's along the lines of good performance but we have won nothing yet. Rest & recover for Glaws in 8 days etc...

Posted by: Old Bath Tub (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 20:40

Seems to have mellowed a bit - maybe !

Adopted Player 2018/19 Ross Batty
Adopted Player 2019/20 Jack Davies
Adopted Player 2020/21 Cam Redpath

"AN OUNCE OF ACTION IS WORTH A TON OF THEORY"
FRIEDRICH ENGELS

Current Page: 9 of 14
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net