Current Page: 1 of 2
Levi Davis
Posted by: Which Tyler (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 13:01

Comes out as bisexual
[www.somersetlive.co.uk]

Hopefully to be met with a chorus of "meh, who cares"

More realistically hopeful would be a swell of support for him, and others still fearful of revealing their sexuality.

With Alfie, Nige and various rainbow bootlaces type initiatives, (not to mention huge strides in the last few decades) I would hope that the ground work has already been laid for rugby to not consider it a big deal.

A man who cannot change his mind, cannot change anything
RAEBURN SHIELD

Re: Levi Davis
Posted by: shipwrecked (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 13:25

"Who cares!"

Having said that it is easier for a rugby player, or tennis player to make a similar statement as opposed to a male footballer. Good for him, at least this sport is a little more tolerant than most.

Highlights for me the mess football is in when its OK to be gay/bisexual if you are a woman footballer rather than if you are a male footballer. Sort of double prejudice!

https://i.ibb.co/pZ68Lvp/Ollie-Fox.jpg

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 14:53

Well, I care

It still takes a huge amount of courage and self-belief to do what Levi has done

There will be many in the sport still fearful of the reaction

Levi's brave action makes it easier for others and makes the game much more open and inclusive. Massive respect to the young man

Date: 13 September, 2020 15:46

Gaz, I mean that I don't care about his sexuality its not important, which is WT's initial meaning. Sexuality should be irrelevant nowadays, isn't that obvious?

Ollie Fox - England U20 international scrum half, youngest of our four 9's. If you are good enough, you're old enough!

Posted by: gaz59 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 15:55

Quote:
shipwrecked
Gaz, I mean that I don't care about his sexuality its not important, which is WT's initial meaning. Sexuality should be irrelevant nowadays, isn't that obvious?

Sorry sw, it wasn't intended as a dig. I completely agree, it is just that I don't think that view is universal in the game at any level

Date: 13 September, 2020 16:31

Quote:
gaz59
Quote:
shipwrecked

Sorry sw, it wasn't intended as a dig. I completely agree, it is just that I don't think that view is universal in the game at any level

No problem, same page.

Posted by: Rawce (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 16:36

Well put gaz. And well done Levi for opening up and helping pave the way for those who feel they arenít able to openly be themselves.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 16:48

I can understand why he found it difficult as from what he says he was struggling with his own identity, but glad he found himself able to tell his team mates and that they accepted it warmly, supportively and with the right amount of gentle mockery.

The problem I have is that he said he wasnít interested in any of his team mates. As a middle aged, married heterosexual I would happily marry McConnochie so I do have to question Leviís taste.

Posted by: Toast and Marmite (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 17:01

GET IN!!!!!

"No sprinkles. For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you."

Date: 13 September, 2020 19:27

What makes McConnochie attractive Ken, the fact he scores tries for Bath from nothing or physical attributes? On the first count I think I might qualify as gay if that's the case.

Posted by: ken_jnr (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2020 19:39

Quote:
shipwrecked
What makes McConnochie attractive Ken, the fact he scores tries for Bath from nothing or physical attributes? On the first count I think I might qualify as gay if that's the case.

It seems you and I have the same taste in men!

Date: 13 September, 2020 19:45

Touchť, smiling smiley

Posted by: Optimist (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 08:25

Quote:
shipwrecked
Quote:
gaz59
Quote:
shipwrecked

No problem, same page.

+1+1

Posted by: woodpecker (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 10:18

I am incredibly disappointed....

That he appeared in X factor!

Posted by: Never In Doubt (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 14:36

Impressed by his actions. Hope his rugby gets back to its original potential and he gets into the top flight soon.

Posted by: ballsout (IP Logged)
Date: 14 September, 2020 17:59

Wonder if he regrets going on X-Factor given his fall from grace at Bath since then

As for being bi, cool!

Posted by: Bath Supporter Jack (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 13:22

I liked the way he played rugby reminded me of a rather chunkier Jason Robinson.............shame it didn't work out at Bath but then there is a lot of competition.

Posted by: badger1664 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 14:43

Sadly we do not yet live in a society where it really doesn't matter who or what you are

Posted by: plong (IP Logged)
Date: 15 September, 2020 15:44

As I said to Levi on Twitter...

It's just another facet of your life that makes you, you.

Adopted Players
2017-18: Sam Underhill
2016-17: Will Homer

Posted by: Rokobilly (IP Logged)
Date: 16 September, 2020 21:29

Ugo Monye interviews Levi on today's BT Rugby Tonight. Worth a watch. Levi comes across very well. Wish him well with Ealing and beyond.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net