Richard Hill has returned to France
Posted by: Asum Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2013 08:15

Re: Richard Hill has returned to France
Posted by: WarriorPhill (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2013 08:30

From what I have heard he has landed a great job. Looking at regional rugby not just one club. Hope it goes well for him!

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2013 08:36

Good luck Richard

Posted by: BC Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2013 09:38

I genuinely wish Mr.Hill the very best in his new role.

Posted by: whatsgoingon (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2013 10:55

Good luck Mr Hill hope the future bodes well for you

"A closed mouth gathers no foot"

Posted by: drifter (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2013 11:08

Good for him.

must admit living in France is attracting us at the moment. fantastic lifestyle and better weather etc etc

Good luck Richard. but if i were him i probably would not see this thread

Posted by: Hurricane Run (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2013 21:50

Looking at Rouen Rugby website,it would appear that he is Head Coach,they lost in the play offs,bit of a drop from Premiership to what is equivalent of around National League 2.

Obviously likes France,following his stint at Chalon,I have seen him interviewed in French and he is fluent.

Posted by: dusty hare (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 08:48

I met up with a friend at the weekend who lives very close to RH who had a chat with him recently outside his house and he said his dismissal was a genuine shock. He felt the signings this year and a team built by him would turn the corner in 2013/14. He also alluded to how difficult Mr Goode was to manage and described his attitude as similar to a "pub player" who only ever did just enough in training and no more.

Posted by: wusschamp (forever hoping) (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 09:06

Good luck Richard,reading comments by Dusty i take our Andy Won't be going on a free holiday then.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 09:11

I am surprised that Hill was surprised.
He may be right about Goode but without his points we would have been relegated.

Posted by: TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 09:22

Well I can see why they didn't get along, and why AG was such an apparently devisive figure behind the scenes. Had Joe been in form I would suggest Goode wouldn't necessarily have been the difference - but Joey was not in form for most of the year - and so Goode was (I am not sure Gray would have seen us through).

Let's just hope that with a team and coaching team all getting on a bit better and pulling in approximately the same direction we are not in a position where we HAVE to rely on individuals to pull us through.

Cheltenham is often called the Gateway to the Cotswolds...

In the same way Gloucester is the Asda of the Malverns. - Jack Dee

Posted by: Esher Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 10:18

I feel for RH it sounds as if not everyone was pulling in the same direction and when you are at the bottom that makes the daily business twice as hard. In light of the above it reinforces my belief in Percival was the cornerstone of the season and should retain the captaincy. Pity DS didn't do the same.

Posted by: Bri (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 11:28

I also know Richard Hill and he was in deed shocked and felt with the players he signed he felt he had a good side coming together.

Posted by: Tango Man (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 12:17

How could he possibly be shocked he was sacked?!!!!

Posted by: Shoutin' Bloke (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 12:49

...maybe shocked in the sense that he had a year left on his contract, players that he and the Board wanted, were being recruited or eyed up with his involvement, and despite the drop in form, it was generally accepted that we were not going to be relegated. He was broadly only part way through a process, if Dean's 5 year plan is to be believed re timescales

If it was only to do with the second half of the season results, then that micro view from the outside cannot mean that the decision was a shock i guess. But without wishing to irk Rollo and others, no one on here really knows what conditions he was being asked to work under last season, or the inertia created by so called pro's who seemed pretty set on help give Hill the push, if the Board were wavering on whether to stick or twist.

Posted by: West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2013 16:14

To be honest looking at Andy's physique it is not hard to tell he does not put the most into training etc. However he is still a wonderful player whose points helped to keep us in the league.

I do feel sorry for Hilly I didn't want him sacked but that was the clubs decision, we as a club have moved on and now Hilly has moved on. I am sure he will do a good job in France.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net